Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Another Mad Professor suggestion - Aisha

Posted by reggaefan 
reggaefan
Another Mad Professor suggestion - Aisha
March 15, 2006 01:08AM
Since the Mad Professor train is fillin' up, how about Aisha jumpin on board for the trip?? Seeing as she's recorded for both Mad Professor and the Twinkles, she'd fit right in with the Robotixs...

I haven't seen her perform live but a friend saw her not too long ago and said she sounded real good, voice just like her records.

Sometimes I think of Aisha as the Roots Woman side to fellow UK singer Vivian Jones. Both can come up with some excellent roots tunes but also do well with love songs.

Hopefully it's ok to post this little sound sample of Aisha, if not, I'll understand if it goes away. Here are few minutes from her latest cd with Mad Professor 'There Is More To Life' [Ariwa Sounds]:

[s25.yousendit.com]

Stevo
Re: Another Mad Professor suggestion - Aisha
March 15, 2006 01:14AM
I agree!!!!!!!!!!
[www.snwmf.com]

reggaefan
March 15, 2006 01:28AM
Ok thanks for that Stevo - I missed those comments, musta been reading or participating in something less productive.

Noticed that Ras Danny saw her live,,,,,looks like she impressed him, same goes for Daniel.

If she performs that one LP alone ['Daughters of Zion'] at SNWMF it would be something special to see. But throw in some of her other roots tunes and now you got a heavy show going on....she's got enough songs to do it.

Stevo
March 15, 2006 01:33AM
Odds are, whatever you were participating in, was much more productive! hehe. But you've done this Empress right by giving her a thread of her own. Good call!
-Stevo
reggaefan
March 15, 2006 07:36PM
Yep Steve - Aisha does deserve her own thread...

Here's a link to hear 3 of her songs, including a nice reworking of the Ethiopian's "Good Ambition" - download is quick too, what a bargain:

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

[s25.yousendit.com]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And who can resist a Reggae artist who is willing to go for the Joseph Hill look:

March 15, 2006 07:43PM
>put last years ariwa 10' in my box for 2nite'march15!
>if u want to hear sum mad professor w/ aisha 'dubwize*
>come on down for sum reggae shake @
> [www.thepaperheart.com] PHX.

-RASpects+
March 15, 2006 08:40PM
Just lost "The Creator" 12" on ebay a few minutes ago on Ariwa, wicked tune.

Would love to hear her, good suggestion !!

One love
eric v
reggaefan
March 16, 2006 12:55AM
Hi Eric,

I've heard about that 12" version of 'The Creator' - never managed to pick it up though.

You're probably looking for the 12 of it ------ but if you, or anyone else, happens to be looking for a LP cut of the song,,,,,it's on her 1987 album called 'High Priestesss' [Ariwa Sounds]. Seems like the LP shows up more often than the 12"...

Now you got me wondering if the 12" is much [or any] different than the LP version...

Anyone that's not too familiar with Aisha, here's a chance to hear another sample --- going with the start of 'The Creator' this time...

Guess the backing band on this one.... ;-) ;-)

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

[s14.yousendit.com]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

reggaefan
March 30, 2006 12:13AM
Another Aisha and Mad Professor tune...:-)

vvvvvvvvv
[s5.yousendit.com]
^^^^^^^^^
{dsl & 20 seconds gets you there}

BUNN RED
March 30, 2006 04:10PM
What about TIPPA IRIE 'I'm a Rebel on di Street Corner' and 'Mi Dreamin of a Brand New Englin, Where White Love Black'............dis bredda mashin tuff these days still, definitely worthy of gettin the crowd pumped inna positive fashion with the Robotics!!!!!!!!!!!!!
March 30, 2006 04:31PM
Forward Tippa Irie for SNWMF!
MOSIAHIGH777
April 02, 2006 12:22AM
The masses requested.......and requests have been granted....BIG UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login