Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I want some money

Posted by alireggae 
I want some money
March 14, 2006 06:44PM
And it would seen reasonable to me that you, as brethren of me should all give me some.

Thanks.

I like snow
Re: I want some money
March 14, 2006 06:56PM
No problem ali. I'll meet you by the Santa Cruz town clock in half an hour. If you're not there, I guess you must've solved your money problem already.
Boiio
March 14, 2006 07:28PM
Like I said before, Ali you are a goofball.
Re: I want a kangaroo
March 14, 2006 09:36PM
And I want to fight him by the town clock in one hour!!

March 14, 2006 10:18PM
and that's going to be a bit tough...unless of course they put the Concorde back in the air. Then again who would need money?
March 14, 2006 11:09PM

one love-juan love
March 14, 2006 11:12PM

one love-juan love
March 14, 2006 11:37PM
eric
March 15, 2006 05:31PM
"get ur ass a spare job, then you'll have....spare change"..-Robin Harris
March 15, 2006 06:01PM
Noticed all the pictures are of homeless black folks...interesting.........

----------------------------

March 15, 2006 06:25PM
It is bad enough the negative images we see of African-American males on the t.v., but now we have it here on a Reggae message board of all places.

-------------------------------------------------

Boiio
March 15, 2006 06:42PM
I donno about that...i think white homeless people are just not as creative...if uve ever been to SF and seen the Bush Man you'll know what im talking about...even with all that stuff on TV i am a lot more scared of a white homeless person than i am of a black homeless person...
March 15, 2006 07:40PM
That was not my point.

------------------------------------------

March 15, 2006 08:00PM

"I'm gonna put on a iron shirt, and chase the devil out of earth" - Max Romeo
?
March 15, 2006 08:17PM
my observation....
i have never seen an asian or mexican begging for money in Cali---see them in mexico begging all the time...
i think asian & mexicans have a stronger work ethic...will do jobs that most others won't...but this is only what i have seen..others may see something else.

ps..i also noticed all the pics were of black men as well.
March 15, 2006 09:10PM
-a day with out a mexican-
check it-
one love-juan love
March 15, 2006 09:15PM
J72, although I agree with most of your postings, most of those lazy motherfuckers on the street who play the "pity me" con game ARE black.

March 15, 2006 09:41PM
I think that's just demographics Chimino. You're in east bay right? Mostly young white hippie types who can't hold a job and ex-vets in both Santa Cruz and Chico. There are lazy con types and honest out of work struggling types everwhere.
March 15, 2006 09:54PM
"my observation....
i have never seen an asian or mexican begging for money in Cali---see them in mexico begging all the time..."

Ever been through the Tenderloin. You'll see 'em all. Crack sees no color and neither does heroin. Both of which have more to do with homelessness than work ethic I would say. Mental illness coming in second.

Faith = Strength
March 15, 2006 09:59PM
Hey Lionheart. Can't argue with that one bit.
V DOSIA
March 15, 2006 11:27PM
I just cant stand the bums that stand out in front of the junior college and harass poor college students walking down the street to grab a slice or two of cheese pizza , the'd be better off if they tried joining the film industry and starring in such films like BumFights, then sueing the people who provoked them to be in the film and getting rich...that easy....
March 16, 2006 04:24AM
200k for 2006 smiling smiley
March 16, 2006 08:35AM
Chimino, the reasons for homelessness are a bit more complex than people feeling sorry for themselves and being lazy. Lionheart brought some of these factors to the table already, the most critical factor being mental illness. I work with these people every day, and it has given me some perspective on it.

---------------------------------

yeah mon
March 16, 2006 08:39AM
MENTAL ILLNESS IS A BIG REASON---also many of those that are homeless fought in wars & got very little help from the government when they returned.
jb welda
March 16, 2006 08:58AM
j72: if all the photos were of white people would you bring up the racism card?

just wondering

one love
jah bill
yeah mon
March 16, 2006 09:07AM
doubt it
March 16, 2006 09:36AM
JAH Bill, that is a typical reaction when some one points out subconscious racism in white people. Like I have stated before, I just call it as I see it...if I am wrong than please let me know.

----------------------------------------------

Post Edited (03-16-06 09:39)
yeah mon
March 16, 2006 09:37AM
i am black & i thought the same thing. guess i am racist too.
jb welda
March 16, 2006 09:46AM
typical reaction? subconscious racism?

im just calling it as i see it too. i dont know that youre wrong but you didnt answer my question (it was a rhetorical question anyhow).

by the way im not calling anyone racist, im reacting to someone implying racism.

one love
jah bill
March 16, 2006 09:47AM
"...because of circumstances..."

great Luciano tune on the subject of homelessniss...

"Circumstances"/ Gideon/ Vision Sound

Post Edited (03-16-06 09:48)

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
March 16, 2006 10:15AM
Some people who you may think are homeless are actually on disability and have homes. They just pan-handle to suppliment thier income. Believe it or not, many of them turn a pretty penny. Several hundred dollars a day. I rarely give money to the homeless for this said reason.

As a youth, my best friend lived on Bush and Leavenworth which isn't far from the Tenderloin. We befriended several "Street People". During that time we were really into playing our drums with musicians on the street. Many of which would appear to be homeless. I have seen plenty of fat bank rolls pulled out of tattered pockets by grubby fingers.
yeah mon
March 16, 2006 10:24AM
maybe they know how to save their money?
it is true that some do have homes..
disability really does not pay much.
ummm..the ones i give spare change or food to are the same ones i see sleeping in the doorways in the rain...i pretty much don't think they have homes.
any one of us could end up homeless...seriously...most of us live from paycheck to paycheck...it would be really easy to become homeless. saving does help for those rainy days though.
March 16, 2006 10:26AM
...still, those few you observed so do NOT represent the HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS who are truly inna homeless condition right here inna good old USofA, this "land of plenty"...

I frequently give somethin to homeless, I nah gwaan judge dem nor begrudge dem, ...if I hav, I MUST giv... it's that simple... never know when I&I "Circumstances" will change... homelessniss can happen to ANYONE, ANYTIME...

are any of you above dis...?

--
blessid love
ras danny
-Muhammad Ali
March 16, 2006 10:27AM
... yeah mon ...

--
blessid love
ras danny
-Muhammad Ali
March 16, 2006 10:29AM
Very True. Jail or the Street, just about anyone could wind up either place.
yeah mon
March 16, 2006 10:30AM
besides..for those that believe in some of the stories in the bible...HE may be disguised as a homeless man....
you can never tell...
what does it hurt to give a dollar here or there? for those that believe in karma...----do good & good will follow you----niyo
March 16, 2006 10:41AM
I also think the differnce between some homeless and myself is that people have "had my back" through some tough times I have endured. When you truly don't have anyone to help you, your in bad, regardless of your mental, drug addictions or what have you.

Ras Danny,

Bless your heart. I will give food, but just not money very often. Ironically, I ran into an ex-coworker yesterday who is now living in the bushes behind a crack motel in Vallejo. When I worked with him in 2001 he was a homeonwer and a faimilyman, going bass fishing with me all the time. ...CRACK... Broke my heart to see another good man go down.
March 16, 2006 10:44AM
it is sehd sumweh...

it is better to GIVE...

--> what does it hurt to give a dollar here or there...

... yeah mon ...

--
blessid love
ras danny
-Muhammad Ali
March 16, 2006 11:05AM
yeah mon: you have a great point...however, I doubt that when HE comes, he'll be smelling like a distillery...so I'm particular about who I help out; I want anything I give to be used for food or warm clothes, not booze or drugs...
an older, sad-eyed homeless woman started coming in the store where I work quoting scripture and asking very nicely for a little something to buy some food...I'd give her a buck or two each time...but I had to run her out when she started panhandling from the customers inside the store...
March 16, 2006 12:01PM
J, may I ask which city you work in? Your work sounds familiar...

I guess from what I seen around Oakland, the vast majority of those out on corners everyday are either addicts need $ for a fix, or not even homeless. On Lakeshore Ave, those mofos hustling Street Spirits can make up to $100 a day (a couple even drive cars & have cell phones), talking about "have a heart, help the homeless" haha.

jb welda
March 16, 2006 12:06PM
i hate to be a jerk but i have a hard time letting something off to many supposedly homeless people. so many of them come at you like you owe them something, my first response is no. but if then they wish you a good day or god bless you or something like that i often double back and give a something their way. i know it sounds like i think they have to perform a certain way but its not like that...if they have a good vibe despite it all i think its worth a reward.

what really bothered me was some years ago when it seemed every scam artist around was carrying around a gas can and begging money "for gas" to get to wherever they were going. i once told a guy lets go to the gas station and fill your can. he just cussed me out for my generousity. worst part though is that if youre REALLY out of gas and desperate no one is going to help you because theyve been conned too many times already.

i have no real problem what they do with the money as long as they are honest or at least dont try to take you for a fool. thats why the guy above with the sign at least im not lying would get something from me in most cases!

one love
jah bill
March 16, 2006 12:13PM
I don't give them ****.

humboldt native
March 16, 2006 12:17PM
ARACATA SQUARE
pale ryder
March 16, 2006 01:57PM
Transients in town?
March 16, 2006 02:00PM
Chimino sey: I don't give them ****.

I'm with yuh on this one.

If EVERYONE gave a dollar or two to these beggars there would be an army of them out there pestering people right and left...and of course, there is no way to tell if they are truly needy. And hey, they can collect bottles from the trash and make some money and do the environment some good plus there are plenty charities where they can get help...but no drugs or booze.

I give money to guys on the street sometimes in Trinidad and Jamaica, like some that are missing limbs, because in those countries there really isnt much government help or charity and Ive seen people dying on the street.

jb welda
March 16, 2006 02:39PM
>they can collect bottles from the trash

good ole suckto made that illegal. aint life grand.

maybe you guys want to tell them off?

one love
jah bill

vibesmaster
March 16, 2006 02:56PM
hey dubguy isnt that penny reel ??
March 16, 2006 06:13PM
"True compassion is more than just throwing a coin to a beggar. It demands of our humanity that if we live in a society that produces beggars, we are morally commanded to restructure that society."- Dr Martin Luther King Jr
garden of delights
March 16, 2006 06:31PM
bingo

thanks for that quote
March 16, 2006 07:15PM
Not quite the same as giving money to a beggar - but i give hitch hikers rides when i see them and they dont look too shady.

I picked up this kid a while ago - white kid with dreads, homeless by choice, transient. Very pleasant passenger, certainly made the ride more enjoyable than if i had been by myself.

After I dropped him off i noticed a very high quality amethyst sceptre had been left in my cup holder - im certain it was on purpose - he had been telling me about mining them in namibia.

I just thought id share a story of a homeless person giving me something, without me even asking.

March 16, 2006 07:34PM
Someone was telling me today that one of the other seniors over at sonoma high is spending spring break living as a homeless person in Santa Cruz as part of the senior project. Will be intresting to see how that experience goes for him. Peace

Dr. Suess (aka Ras James)
Irie Sounds International
March 16, 2006 08:38PM
Ras James,
That would be super interesting to find out his experiences. Post later eh?

PS. This is really has alot to do with Ronald Reagan...you all know that right?
jb welda
March 16, 2006 08:59PM
in a way it does: he emptied the mental wards in favor of "chemical straitjackets"...only problem is its easy to slip the bonds of those restraints. this was when he was gov. he went on to bigger and better things; basically became a war criminal.

one love
jah bill
March 16, 2006 11:08PM
2/20/87
"The simple truth is, 'I don't remember - period'" - President Reagan writing to the Tower Commission to set the record straight about whether he authorized the arms shipment in advance.

Thanks for all the fish!
Goatfoot
March 16, 2006 11:18PM
2/21/10

"Daddy said that I should attack that guy and KILL KILL KILL, ever seen the Masked Warrior in WWF? I always be that guy"

GW Bush
March 16, 2006 11:28PM
His eloquence never ceases to amaze me.

>>"hey dubguy isnt that penny reel ??"

LOL - I haven't the foggiest what Mr. Reel looks like. I found that guy at some site where you could add your own message to the sign.

Incedently - there was 1 black guy and 2 white guys - except one white guy was broken so not sure if he counts..

[mylifeasafischer.com]

Post Edited (03-16-06 23:30)

"I'm gonna put on a iron shirt, and chase the devil out of earth" - Max Romeo
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login