Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

clash!

Re: clash!
March 21, 2006 07:30PM
one of the newspapers down there had an article awhile back about the prison setting up some sort of recording program, the first release of which was that True Reflections tune. I heard he had his ability to record taken for awhile, but has it back. Peace

Dr. Suess (aka Ras James)
Irie Sounds International
Stevo
March 21, 2006 07:31PM
TR-808 wrote-
these kind of clashes have less to do with skill, and depth, and more to do with who can pay more money out to JA artists for them to say you and your friends are cool, or "hard", or "dons", or "toppa top..."

it might as well all be coming from a drive-through, ahem, "dubplate" store:

"... uhh, yes. my dad gave me $1,200 for mowing the lawn... so i'd like two bounty killer, a jah cure, and a richie spice. please use the same format, formula, tone, and mix as all the others, but be sure to say my name at least twice so everyone hears it, and therefore knows it's a good dubplate."

most of this is just young man type of crap where they are on stage doing the dj-ing equivalent of spanking their own monkey, or each other's in their crew, talking about how great each other is, and stroking each other about who took their mom's money to say it too.

Stevo says: Thank you Solid, for breaking it down! I thought I was alone.

PUUUUULLLLLL UUUUUUPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (your pants kid!)
jb welda
March 21, 2006 07:32PM
actually tr808 im with you 100% on what you posted above but even more so because i kind of think its pretty easy to fraud a "jah cure" dubplate when its done by remote control like that. im not saying thats for sure, im just saying that it seems to fly in the face of logic. but i realize the corruption etc and that it may well get done despite the illogic of it.

one love
jah bill
bee
March 21, 2006 07:33PM
matisyahu dubplates now available- $8000
jb welda
March 21, 2006 07:41PM
thanks for the info ras james. like i said this interview could be quite old; i just heard it the other day but thats because someone sent it to me on cdr, so things could have changed quite a bit. i didnt mean to cast aspersions on jah cure or his record company, its just that this dubplate by remote control business could be fraught with fraud if not handled properly.

one love
jah bill
March 21, 2006 07:43PM
I personally think the dubplate thing is a little overdone. I've got a few, but their all from artists who i've had other dealings with. Don't really see the point in an artist who's not familiar with my sound or the people in it bigging it up. I'd personally rather have 20 plates from artists who actually are down with the sound than 2 or 3 artists who just got money wired over and a list of who's name to call out. Peace.

Dr. Suess (aka Ras James)
Irie Sounds International
LISALOVE
March 22, 2006 05:34AM
Just want to let everybody know there is way to many haters in the business.....I have know broken silence since day one and all their dubs are as real as can be. You should know what your talkin about before you talk ****!!!!!!!! Big up broken silence congrats......lisa
March 22, 2006 05:58AM
So which one of em you ****?

March 22, 2006 11:16PM
First....big up to Silence for the victory....But everyone knows that Silence has played some dubs in the past (either live or on mix tapes) that are NOT geniue. Everyone who knows the music, knows this. Silence probably knows this as well. IF not, maybe they do not realize they are not real (either spliced or a "sound-a-like artist...i.e. the Sean Paul's). Listen close people. I have heard different sounds play the exact same redition of the tunes with their name inserted, This is happening a lot to these mail-order sounds that don;t go and get the dub plates in person. Studios and artists are running a big hustle on all the foreign sounds that do not go get the plates in person. You really have to be weary of who you deal with. Personally I have witnessed this occuring in JA a lot. False Dubs is BIG business and it is feeding nuff youths, as the clash thing gets bigger over here and sounds try to cut corners and get mail order plates. Get the plates yourself,in person! Again, not to take anything away from Silence, cause they did kill it at the recent clash. But you're a fool if you think EVERYTHING they play is legit, cause anyone who knows the music realizes this is not the case. Amen, Chimino, on your comment on the groupie chick. Lisa, you really need to get a clue, cause you may have known Silence from jump, but you obviously know very little about the industry.
March 23, 2006 12:17AM
damn I love a good clash! This sh!ts hilarious, can't wait to see who claims the Cali Cup...
---peaces---

...and how did Lustre Kings lose in round one? if anyone has access to plates...
March 23, 2006 12:58AM

>...and how did Lustre Kings lose in round one? if anyone has access to plates...

I wasn't there, but I have seen them in two other clashes now, and my guess would be mic work. The first time I saw them, they were out in the first round too, the second time they hung in for a little longer. They have 'nuff nice tunes, but when you're saying how you love everyone and Rastafari this and that, well, it just doesn't usually work in a CLASH situation. I'd like to hear them play out a dub plate set tho in a non-clash situation: that would be a great set!

-s
March 23, 2006 05:41AM
>>"PUUUUULLLLLL UUUUUUPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (your pants kid!)"

>>"matisyahu dubplates now available- $8000"

Ohhh - funny funny chit that...

>>"Don't really see the point in an artist who's not familiar with my sound or the people in it bigging it up."

Totally agree James. I can understand wanting one of your favorite artists to lay down some vocals for ya - but all the big up business from folks who have never heard you is weak. Very weak imo.

The reverse of that - if the vocals sound good - who the hell cares if it's "authentic" or not (unless promoting it as authentic of course). It's about the SOUNDS people - not who's got more names (loosely) attached to their system...
March 23, 2006 06:22AM
Well, I generally pull for LK going into these things, but their selection was way off. They opened the clash with Sleng Teng, if that says anything. I don't see them ever winning a clash, but they do enough for the biz to always get respect at what they do.

DeeCee
March 23, 2006 06:51AM
Yp spleece ..... Lustre kings @ Enter The Dancehall, Club 6 SF on May 20th ... guaranteed dubs all night............
March 23, 2006 08:13AM
>>
Yp spleece ..... Lustre kings @ Enter The Dancehall, Club 6 SF on May 20th ... guaranteed dubs all night............
<<

Sick! I'll mark my calendar...

DeeCee, how can I contact you about bringing a Fresno sound up deh? Ya only promote Bay Area or what? rasta smiley)

-s
riffy
March 23, 2006 08:29AM
can someone enlighten me as to what the diff is between a Selecta and DJ? thx
riffy
March 23, 2006 08:35AM
Where's the new Toasters? Is it a lost art? Uroy hardly even does it anymore, it seems. meybe I'm not listening close nuff or lingo for "toaster" has changed?

RIP King Stiit
DeeCee
March 23, 2006 08:57AM
send me live mixes ..... hit me up 2 my e-mail address .... deecee3@hotmail.com
papa ray
March 23, 2006 05:22PM
Stitt, Master Selecta & DJ, is still with us, no worries, and IF there were actual interest(which I think not) @ SNWMF for a vintage Ska dancehall spin he would knock you out.

Long Live the King Stitt!
riffy
March 23, 2006 11:42PM
My apologies to King Stitt. My brain musta been smoked when I was readin way back..thought I read he passed...I'm so happy he's still alive. Yes, papa, long live The best DJ & Selecta.

Could ya clear me up on my question bout Selecta VS. DJ? what s the diff exactly?

luv ta know
thx
Raspect Papa Ray
lustre king
March 24, 2006 12:14AM
Yes DeeCee..thanks for the plug. We look forward to rinsing NUFF plates that night, as we do not often get a set to do so, as we do not play out that often. Looking forward to playing a lot of in-house artist plates that don't normally fly in a clash setting. No excuses on why we didn;t do better in the recent clash, sometimes that's how it goes. PLaying first in an elimination 1st round sucked because we had to take everyone's lumps and never got to retaliate....and we WERE ready for that.....stay blessed....LK
broken silence sound!
clash!
March 24, 2006 12:17AM
Yo once again everything BROKEN SILENCE played was real!
If you know reggae music you'd know! Listen to the audio of the clash!Listen closely, people just hate to see a young sound rise, and cant believe how much heat they have...
riffy
March 24, 2006 12:21AM
nuff ego stroke already
jb welda
March 24, 2006 12:26AM
a selecta selects the tunes and a dj plays them and keeps the mike live most times.

respect to broken silence for the win but how exactly do you know whats authentic and whats not? like industry above said unless youre getting your plates in person its fraught with fraud and problems. but results talk for themselves so you winning this thing says a lot.

one love
jah bill
March 24, 2006 12:31AM
Big up all the sounds for keeping the clash scene alive and kickin'...
To Broken Silence, not sure if the plates are real, I listen pretty well, but you still killed it regardless
To Lustre Kings, hopefully next time you won't have to go first...
Next stop Cali Cup Clash!

---peaces---
I scream soundbwoy
March 24, 2006 01:30AM
BS sound, I hope you don't get injured from all that vigorous patting yourself on the back you do...
broken silence sound!
March 24, 2006 01:30AM
response... i know whats authentic because im either there with the artist in JA or i know who is there with the artist! i dont voice with anyone that i dont know, or voice tunes thru someone i dont know... its all legit
nuff respect 2 all! ....cali cup next!
dont forget the La rumble may 20th!!!!!! w/ BlackLove !
also BlackLove & Broken Silence Sound @ the Oasis in Oakland this Friday!
rudeboy
March 30, 2006 05:22PM
word on the streets is the club dread clash was played for sean paul himself who DEFINATELY said HIMSELF that WAS NOT him on those dubs played in the first round...he actually said it was Twin of Twins impersonating him...and he was very vexed about it...
you never even in the biggest clashes heard him diss another sound..for any amount of $$
March 30, 2006 06:52PM
...I knew it....MY Gawd...Twin OF Twins impersonating more artistes...
Volume Sicks!
March 30, 2006 07:46PM
Incorrect rudeboy, Mighty Crown has Sean Paul specials calling out Matterhorn "Deport Him".
The Twin of Twins impersonation is realistic, they know how to mimick damn near every Yard DJ on their CDs...

March 30, 2006 08:36PM
$$$ mighty crown $$$
March 30, 2006 08:46PM
And Michael Jackson toosmiling smiley Twin of Twins some funny chit.
Michael Corleone
March 31, 2006 04:39AM
You Guys R Str8 Punks. You get Str8 butt hurt because lustre kings didnt win. Go cry 2 your F**kin Momma.
March 31, 2006 04:41AM
grow up.

lustre king
March 31, 2006 06:47PM
Don't drag my name into the mess........We stay one-a-way.....:LK
April 01, 2006 01:46AM
Big Ups LK...
bbbb
April 01, 2006 02:02AM
Clash huh? How about George Galloway versus Norm Coleman, or how about Norman Finkelstein against Alan Dershowitz?
V DOSIA
April 01, 2006 05:37AM
Anybody heard the Jr Reid dubplate about how he stole some male groupies mini van at reggae on the river??? straight comedy!!!
April 04, 2006 12:02AM
>>
Anybody heard the Jr Reid dubplate about how he stole some male groupies mini van at reggae on the river??? straight comedy!!!
<<

And a dime a dozen. I could name you at leat six sounds right now that all have that tune...

-spleece
Stevo
April 04, 2006 12:15AM
Yeah Spleece, but did you laugh when you heard it?
April 04, 2006 12:26AM

Um, the FIRST time...

-s
April 07, 2006 07:24PM
Greetings!!!! Dub fi Dub as I know it refers to the ONE elusive Bounty Killer that no sound has on special from his 1st album roots reality an culture. use this in a 45-round an see your compitition " run out"!!!!
April 08, 2006 03:33AM
oh, lol....yea Bounty does have a tune named "Dub Fi Dub".

April 11, 2006 03:00PM
my reggae is bigger than your reggae! ive been listening to it longer than youve been alive! who cares, is that what its all about? who cares how many records someone owns? or cds? is it anyones fault that cds were created? NO! I see for some like mr know it all chimino it is ! I havent been here in months and you still say the same old tired lame ass **** about whos reggae is better or bigger! youll see one day its not your music or theior music its JAH music! chimino youre an A-HOLE constantly spewing negativety into the air, and then have the nerve to talk all kinds of pure F@@kery. I know I know ill get all kinds of owl remarks but thats all ya got is to attack I name not I character ! the truth always reveal itself about every single shituation seen?
V DOSIA
April 11, 2006 05:30PM
Yadidimean!
April 11, 2006 10:01PM
"is it anyones fault that cds were created? NO! I see for some like mr know it all chimino it is "

I have no clue what the **** you're talking about. If you're insinuating I have a problem with CDs being played, you're 100% wrong.

April 12, 2006 04:06AM
Gee owl, just keep spreading that positive vibe....
April 15, 2006 10:30AM
big up all soundmen and crew, it's good to see the clash thing start building on the west coast finally, congrats broken silence on the win, tnt played an incredible first round, but when the dj in the singer round dispute seemed to be settled and tnt was indeed disqualified, his whole crew just stepped, leaving him w no forwards forcing him to pop down in the tune fi tune. i don't think it mattered what BS played @ that point, (felt like a frat party w whistles). the toots and ken boothe were impressive to say the least. LK played a sleepy round, large up the word sound, however not really a sound built for clash. revelation also played decent but seemed to pop down early from they couldn't seem to get a forward to save their life, long way from home big oneaways but no forward still. also respect, glen washington for passing through. be sure to check out the LA rumble in may,

seek jah first
April 15, 2006 08:27PM
word straight from JA that prison has a recording studio..
April 15, 2006 10:06PM
...yah so... weren't you dismissed?
V Dosia
April 16, 2006 01:07AM
'frat party' with whistles hahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login