Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BAF implodes

Posted by bedward 
bedward
BAF implodes
March 17, 2006 09:22AM
Well not quite...but the moderator got into a huff again and banned Big Five and then The Saint for sending him a dedication of Peter Tosh's Steppin razor....now Bob Harding, Dom and Steve are having words over whether to continue the forum.

fun and games
Re: BAF implodes
March 17, 2006 09:54AM
sounds like a lovely place.

one love-juan love
bedward
March 17, 2006 02:11PM
Normal service has resumed!
March 17, 2006 02:24PM
I've never been there but from reading all the posts about BAF over here, it has confirmed to me that men can be ever as catty and nasty as women. There are cat fights and then there are tom cat fights. Thank goodness the stereotypes can be challenged.

Post Edited (03-17-06 06:53)

"love shines brighter than the morning sun"
papa ray
March 17, 2006 02:40PM
Sista, you right. As far as the BAF board, the men-folk there
remind me sometimes of sports-blog-too-long-in-the-armchair
guys, know what I mean??

Bettah to go out dancing with yuh gal everytime.
March 17, 2006 02:54PM
what a funny image that conjured up...maybe some talented artist on here can make a cartoon. I see long arms over the armchair melting to the floor...

the little lady is in the kitchen getting the next cold beer and salami sandwich for her 'kingman'..hahaha..wish I could draw.

Post Edited (03-17-06 06:55)

"love shines brighter than the morning sun"
March 17, 2006 03:40PM
Your average baffer...

papa ray
March 17, 2006 03:51PM
Hey TM, thanks for the music you sent, niceness.
bedward
March 17, 2006 05:06PM
Your average SNWMFer

jb welda
March 17, 2006 05:10PM
i dont agree at all. in fact i much appreciate the place, more now than in the past when it was much bs and less and less substance. those guys (the moderators) get bugged sometimes but they have a right to, they keep getting badgered by people who just cant stick to the rules. sometimes it irritates me too (the moderators and how they approach things) but all in all i think it is the best board available for those who enjoy reggae music especially from a uk perspective, and i appreciate, in general, that they run a tight ship. in general, the people participating there do a lot more than just sit around and stare at a tube; those people are the ones who got jettisoned, by and large.

thats not even to mention that blood and fire has been and continues to be the prototype for excellent reissue programs of long lost music, loving restored and enhanced. dig it or lose it.

one love
jah bill
March 17, 2006 05:12PM
bedward
March 17, 2006 05:15PM
A sensible BAFFER with Mr Clarke
March 17, 2006 05:15PM
woo hoo! dat one FUNNY, Mike!

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
March 17, 2006 06:30PM
I thought Cheyene was (and sounds like IS) way out of line - but it is still the Wikipedia of reggae. Are the archives gone forever? I thought the whole thing was a rather big overreaction - something I thought we were famous for on THIS side of the pond.
March 17, 2006 07:50PM
i don't frequent any other message boards other than this and BAF so i don't have any perspective on message boards. is the animosity and pettiness on these boards typical of message boards? how about typical for reggae message boards? it seems like a message board that doesn't allow OT threads would get kinda boring.
March 17, 2006 07:55PM
What is BAF?

------------------------

jb welda
March 17, 2006 07:59PM
baf = blood and fire, a UK reggae revive label of some note

<www.bloodandfire.co.uk>

one love
jah bill
jb welda
March 17, 2006 08:00PM
[www.bloodandfire.co.uk]

one love
jah bill

March 17, 2006 08:01PM
b & f up now and still kicking!!!!!!!!!!
March 17, 2006 08:04PM
in other news, the greatest reggae website in cyberspace (DHR) has been running 11 years strong...

March 17, 2006 09:09PM
Can we put the names in () so that we who are unelnightened may be so with the short spellings? DHR?!

-------------------------------

March 17, 2006 09:39PM
{url]http://www.dancehallreggae.com[/url]
March 17, 2006 09:40PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login