Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

love joys

Posted by anthony allen 
love joys
March 17, 2006 04:54PM
Hi,just want to remind poeple of an old time favorite female group called The lovejoys,the group broke out in New-York in the early 70's from Bullwackie studio in the bronx.They are going on tour and wanted to see the response on if you are familiar with them.There albums just got world wide distribution,there albums are Reggae Vibes,Lovers Rock.Website to check this group is campreggae.com It would be nice to see this group on snwmf.One universal love.Jati
Re: love joys
March 17, 2006 05:01PM
Greetings Anthony..

Its nice to hear that the LoveJoys are still touring. I'm a big fan of the work they did for Bullwackie, with Stranger, All I Can Say and Studio Man being top tracks.

It would be nice to have a the LoveJoys showcased at Sierra Nevada. Do you know who will be backing them on the road? Respect, MK

TR-808
March 17, 2006 05:04PM

yes some great work from out of wackies.. we know them on this side for sure.. get requests for them on radio

can you tell me also.. i have a cut on Clocktower 12" produced by Brad Osbourne also out of NY area , cuts to 'please be true' same riddim version as Earth and Stone "Wicked Affi Dress Back" also Clocktower 12".. but this one is credited to Fredricka and Joy, two sides called "Uptown Thing" and then "Down Town Thing", second side cut to 'I'm still in Love'..

do you know was this the Lovejoys before they were called the Lovejoys.. or after

thanks

--
jb welda
March 17, 2006 05:12PM
i would also like to know who you have backing you on the road, wackies crew?

one love
jah bill
TR-808
March 17, 2006 05:19PM
wasn't fabian cooke just working out here, played a show for fully or something

--
jb welda
March 17, 2006 05:30PM
played a show *instead* of fully, yes. u roy at independent.

one love
jah bill
TR-808
March 17, 2006 05:32PM

oh, ok.. i guess i'm corrected.. or you increased the accuracy of my post by 6.44329%

thanks!

--
jb welda
March 17, 2006 05:35PM
>6.44329%

was that calculated by the number of words that i modified (1) vs the number of words in the original sentence?

im glad to see im not the only geek here solid.

one love
jah bill
March 17, 2006 05:36PM
Fabian also worked da Raggamuffins show in LB...

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
TR-808
March 17, 2006 05:37PM

> calculated by the number of words that i modified (1) vs the number of words in the original sentence?

yes, then multiplied by the square root of pi

you know how we do it!

--
jb welda
March 17, 2006 05:39PM
oh yeah i forgot the square root of pi.

i looked for a nice photo of moms apple pi along side the square root of young tree but couldnt find one. maybe next time.

one love
jah bill
March 17, 2006 05:40PM
jb welda
March 17, 2006 05:46PM
that would be sis's cherry pie, or, errrrr, something.

one love
jah bill
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login