Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

sound samples on the site

Posted by jb welda 
jb welda
sound samples on the site
February 19, 2004 02:14PM
i just want to bring everyones attention to the sound samples available somewhere on the interviews page. there are samples from most artists appearing at this years festival as well as past years shows.

i supplied the source for both winston jarrett and alton ellis, including some great studio one 12" by alton along with tracks by him from treasure isle and others. there is an unreleased demo by him backed by roots radics called "diverse doctrine" that is a killer and you should particularly avail yourselves of that treat.

some great winston jarrett too although not much of his historic recordings as the righteous flames...perhaps later we can get some of those up as well.

check it out and enjoy! give thanks to the webmaster daniel for making it all happen.

one love
jah bill
napabink
Re: sound samples on the site
February 19, 2004 09:38PM
And what a treat that was. Thank you Jah Bill. Reggae music of the heaviest order. Was Alton the first do that? Circa? I couldn't have imagined a heavier cut than Ras Ibuna's.
jb welda
February 19, 2004 10:38PM
yes napabink, i believe it was mid 80s...i think he released a version of it officially but its not near as heavy as this one is. i know ras ibuna did it as well but dont know whose version (or possibly someone elses) came first.

one love
jah bill
February 20, 2004 11:45AM
And don't forget there are also some videos of last year's performers available at: www.snwmf.com/archives.html

Just added: Leroy Sibbles
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login