Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

~Stone Love~

Posted by juanlove 
~Stone Love~
March 20, 2006 08:53PM
i'm just wondering what every one thinks about stone love returning for another year at the fest. i for one would love to see stone love back every year as they have become some what of a staple at snwmf. i like the idea of stone love holding down the bashy end one night and a foundation sound holding down the other. what do you guys think?
one love-juan love
papa ray
Re: ~Stone Love~
March 21, 2006 05:41AM
Nuff respect for dem, but get someone else.
March 21, 2006 12:19PM
papa ray wrote:
> Nuff respect for dem, but get someone else.

papa ray- who exactly did you have in mind? im really not up on the bashment scene-i know their are nuff big bashment sounds to take the place of stone love-
who?~>
one love-juan love
HIGHPRAISE
March 21, 2006 01:11PM
Russ D and peeps
papa ray
March 21, 2006 01:54PM
JL, I'm no modern bashment kinda guy BUT, of what I've heard Matterhorn would be potent(Chimino is up on this more than me), but as far as SL @
SNWMF, their set last year was roots/oldies, nothing surprising but good time
had by all...
bring back Tony Screw
March 21, 2006 01:59PM
>what I've heard Matterhorn would be potent

They would be so potent that they would scare half the crowd right out of the dancehall.

This is a roots crowd..give the people Downbeat and Rodigan playing foundation classics. Teach the children right....

jb welda
March 21, 2006 02:39PM
>give the people Downbeat and Rodigan

thats what i say over and over again.

but rodigans favorite sound is stone love and favorite selector is rory, so you see how that might go

one love
jah bill
March 21, 2006 02:41PM
im more for the foundation sounds my self-and pretty sure a big % of festival attendies are as well (just a guess)which brings me back to stone love- i think they've been out to this fest enogh to know what kind of crowd attends snwmf and feels out what the poeple want.
one love-juan love

one love-juan love
(SAPO)
bring back Tony Screw
March 21, 2006 02:55PM
Rory is a great selector, and carries nuff credential with one of the deeepest foundation boxes around.

However, I can't help but feel that he has been going through the motions for us, similar to some of the vocal harmony groups that come out here and do their same old tired set.

When Downbeat came through, they brought a few suitcases full of wax instead of a Case Logic full of CDs. They engadged and educated the crowd on the sound business with a host of singers and DJs.

March 21, 2006 02:57PM
Matterhorn is a good choice Ray, unfortunately he hasn't been able to get a US visa since 2003.
I would say Bass Odyssey is the #1 bashment sound after Stone Love nowadays. Or hell, if you want to go local you can call up Skerrit Boy/Ghetto Life Ent. He runs NY nowadays, and a good youth with lots of energy (won't charge a ridiculous amount to play the same stale selections like Rodigan, either).

bring back Tony Screw
March 21, 2006 03:05PM
> won't charge a ridiculous amount to play the same stale selections like Rodigan, either.

They may be stale to someone that listens to clash recordings all day long, but would completley fresh for those on the left coast who haven't ever heard the man play.

Come on now Chimino..dont you think that Bass Oddyssey would be way to heavy for your average SNWMF goer?

Bring on the modern roots singers all day, but put a bashment sound in the dance and you will alienate the majority of the SNWMF crowd.

I can just imagine the look on Empress Love and Zana's face when Matterhorn burns out the first f*ssyh*le...

March 21, 2006 08:33PM
Well, great selectors know how to play for their audience. Last year Matterhorn & Rodigan clashed in Bermuda, and Tony stated straight-up Rodigan was an elder & gentleman and he wouldn't curse him the entire night. Big tunes rinsed all night and it was a great meeting of the generations.
And who else better defines bashment if not Stone Love?

March 21, 2006 11:10PM
chimino:
sounds like your up on clash business- wondering if you could recomend a good clash dvd (like the 1 mentioned above^) for some 1 like my self that doesnt know to much about clashes and their runnings(clash dvd for dummies so to say)-
foundation stuff perferably. thanks in advance*
one love-juan love

one love-juan love
(SAPO)
papa ray
March 22, 2006 06:22AM
Saw Bass Odyssey in Maroon Town, 2003, yoww.
March 22, 2006 11:57AM
Hmm, if you can find the Showdown Downtown dance from 2002 on DVD I recommend that one. Not a clash per se, but foundation dance with Downbeat/Killamanjaro/Saxon/Bodyguard showcasing their specials all night long.

March 22, 2006 06:09PM
i checked ernies and didnt see it-any sugestions on where to look?
one love-juan love
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login