Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Binghi Ghost at Blakes this Wednesday

Posted by IslandSound 
Binghi Ghost at Blakes this Wednesday
March 21, 2006 01:58PM
Binghi Ghost and the Vibez House Crew performing this wednesday at Blakes on Telegraph. Berkeley

Cover: $8
18+ 21w/ID to drink
doors at 9:30pm

DeeCee
Re: Binghi Ghost at Blakes this Wednesday
March 21, 2006 02:05PM
I will be there ..... a must for all the Bay Area
March 21, 2006 02:08PM
Hope to see you there DeeCee. Was nice meeting you in person before Don's show in January.

Dr. Suess (aka Ras James)
Irie Sounds International
March 22, 2006 08:12AM
bump

BG
March 22, 2006 07:09PM
come one come all.................T H A T M E A N S Y O U ! ! !
MOSIAHIGH777
March 22, 2006 07:20PM
Will NATE be on bass, hopefully?!
BG
March 22, 2006 08:11PM
ooohhhh, that would be tight indeed. but no, the bass man is not nate...but well qualified still.
see yu there????

bless
BG
March 23, 2006 10:41AM

Blakes labeled the night a "REGGAE NIGHT" and then proceeded to have the 2 opening acts be hyphy movement gangsta rappers.....
where was V.Dosia when i needed him most?
Large up Kynd Girl, Ras james & crew for making the trek and coming out to support....it got to be unbearable waiting for the hyphy movement to end tho.
How many times can one say "rolling scrapers, got that purps, pimp games tight, f*ck yu i got my crew, b*tches peeep game & watch how we get dumb" in the course of one set??? apparently..........AS MANY TIMES AS IT TAKES TO DRIVE EVERYONE OUT OF THE VENUE!!
no joke, the 5 man crew that rapped horrible gangsta lyrics did us the favor of clearing the dance floor OF ALL HUMAN BEINGS.
we couldnt wait to get on and bring some positivity back to the place, as the 2 opening acts......................WERE ABSOLUTLEY HORRIBLE!
i dont like hyphy, dumb, gangsta rappers. grown men reciting lyrics matching a pre-schoolers wit. to each their own? no....that stuff is horrible. get it together all hyphy movement, before it's too late and you influence your children's children with that trash.
as for our set, when we finally got to strike the first chord, the crowd had moved back in to check out what we came to give them...and from the 1st song to the last, the energy was great and we felt well recieved, even noticing the hyphy movements crew bobbin their heads and dancing along with the reggae crowd.
Thanks to all who made the trek to come out, Zion cub & crew, sorry you breddrin did not get into the venue after having came down from Sonoma, we'll have more shows soon..and i'm sure you'll get to see those. Rasjames, big respect for supporting and staying thru the HYPHY crew business, it was hard for me too. ha ha. No disrespect, but anyone who claims they are a thug, a gangsta, carry guns, shoot fools, ride scrapers, hustle dope, mack b*tches..................you are what's wrong with society. At a SIDESHOW is where those 2 from last night should have been.
large up all of those who came out still,
bless
bg
March 23, 2006 11:53AM
The rappers last night were pretty bad.... The very first guy to go up was this one dude who was rapping over his own cd, complete with the vocal tracks already there. then the 2nd to were just awful groups. Great show from Binghi though. Hope to see you soon at a venue that has it's stuff togther more, maybe Ashkenaz or something. Zion Cub and Roots Rock send their respect, but sounded kinda relieved that they didn't have to sit through the gangsta rap business. Jah Bless

March 23, 2006 11:59AM
sorry I couldn't make it- still trying to catch the Ghost somewhere- "there's a time and a place for everything yeah, so take some time to know yourself.."
---peaces---
DeeCee
March 23, 2006 12:47PM
remember Binghi Ghost @ Enter The Dancehall @ Club 6 on June 17th
March 23, 2006 03:15PM
Thanks to all that came to support BG last night at Blakes. Aside from the opening acts being everything but reggae and completely killing the vibes, it was a fun show.
I’m talking to the booker about doing a REAL reggae night there. Does anyone have any suggestions for local reggae bands? Not looking for anyone too big, someone that would work for a Wednesday night.
DeeCee
March 23, 2006 04:00PM
Holl @ Luna Angel .... or Native Elements ... two of my favorites in the Bay
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login