Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

are there 2 stages?

Posted by nubee 
nubee
are there 2 stages?
June 17, 2004 10:43AM
folks-
are there 2 stages plus dancehall or one stage?
need to know for meeting up
thanks
GG
Re: are there 2 stages?
June 17, 2004 10:47AM
2 stages...main and village....and a hall where they have the dancehall
nubee
June 17, 2004 11:42AM
thx. u coming from sacto?
GG
June 17, 2004 12:15PM
San Francisco! Bringing the drums and the snowcone machine! ;o)
Jah-T
June 17, 2004 02:01PM
Don't like the two stages, how am I supposed to be in two places at once?!?!?!
e.g. Femi and Alton
Suggestion: Don't split headliners between stages, it's bad, very bad, it makes for a stressful weekend, when it should be fun.
Use the second stage for lesser known groups, that way people are not forced into having to zig zag, or to made feel manipulated.

Thanks
June 17, 2004 02:19PM
Don't worry not to far away from each other. Village stage is more intimate.
No worries man u can't go wrong at this festival.
GG
June 17, 2004 02:29PM
It seems to me that often they do book the smaller acts on the Village stage. Also, though not always, they tend to stagger the times a little bit so you can at least catch some of each. Last year I had to miss (oh super darn....NOT) Eek-a-Mouse to see Midnite and from what I've heard, Ego-Mouse was not too happy with his turnout but oh well!
Jah-T
June 17, 2004 03:43PM
I want to see the performers on the set list, and having two stages makes this impossible. I want to enjoy those performers and not have to check my watch periodically and have to make decisions on which of my favorites I'd rather see. People pay to see headliners and shouldn't have to decide between them. The fans need to be given what they've paid for, main acts on the main stage.

In prior years in Marysville, you could set up your blanket and not have to move it for 12 hours, it was relaxing, not like this arduous task of switching stages. I hope I can see both stages pretty good from one blanket spot.
GG
June 17, 2004 03:52PM
Not unless your blanket is on top of the dancehall. Agreed, it can be inconvenient at times but really, it's not that bad. You'll be surprised.
June 17, 2004 06:13PM
Tokyo Ska and Burning Spear at the same time......Man that bums me out... I want to see both sets completely. I'll just have to catch Tokyo Ska @ the 11 am Sunday show.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login