Midnite over rated & over paid*
March 22, 2006 03:10PM
>back to life, back to reality!
>give it to iNi people*

-RASpects+
matt
Re: Midnite over rated & over paid*
March 22, 2006 03:12PM
get over it already. for your own sake.....seriously, it seems to only be frustrating you.
March 22, 2006 03:19PM
>keeping it real! thats the deal*

-RASpects+
March 22, 2006 03:21PM
well, mithinks ya nah got it real, lets let da PEOPLE decide! (as well as da "original jahmeek" ting)

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
pick up your game
March 22, 2006 03:25PM
March 22, 2006 03:51PM
>not playing games here. but the baby photo is funny when tinking about their managment*
>ps. ras danny got fanny. ram ram

Post Edited (03-22-06 15:53)

-RASpects+
March 22, 2006 04:14PM
Jahmeek may now think that Midnite is overrated, but below is what he had to say BEFORE getting into a pissy fit over issues like "No Ital food", "No dubbing out" "Management Issues (that he has refused to discuss other than to constantly dis Kufunya) and wanting Midnite to perform in AZ in 04 (i think that was the year) at 03 rates.

Re: Top 5 Performances
Author: Jahmeek (---.nas26.tempe1.az.us.da.qwest.net)
Date: 07-24-04 11:35

i* "really" dont like lists like dis but here one for the boat.
1)midnite
2)dezarie
3)down beat w/guests
4)don carlos
5)burning spear vs. ras micheal

Re: Midnite tour
Author: Jahmeek (---.nas25.tempe1.az.us.da.qwest.net)
Date: 08-15-04 13:19

just got back from Cali voyage with stops in: Fairfax,reggae on the river, Tahoe river ranch & SanDeigo world beat center! all showz were irie ites on a good vision of roots living strong in dis crucial time! -RASpects+

So JahMeek and GW have one thing in common..... they are both HISTORIC REVISIONISTS!!!!!
jb welda
March 22, 2006 04:35PM
jahmeek sounds like another buddy of mine who is all wine and roses when things go his way but the moment he meets some friction or talk back all of a sudden whoever the target is is satan incarnate. try to move on jah meek!

one love
jah bill
March 22, 2006 04:56PM
thanx dan & bill i really like reading your posts too!
>yes dan tings change with a re-vision from time to time down the road of trials & tribulations everytime* this time may b for better or worse but only dem tings can tell what time it is. will'c' peace n' luv...vs. the material contradiction the message speaks against...
>bill its not like that all though the wine n' cheese ting souN kool & everyting it still doesnt reach i*mon'z taste buds ya'kno,cause i* deal with alot of people & never felt founded to share experience pon net in public forum, so iNi can mek what dey will. jah willing & aiming most high, bless up
>RastaFari Selassie i* the First^

-RASpects+
March 22, 2006 05:34PM
You have made it very clear that you don't like midnite for whatever reason, GET OVER IT ALREADY, we're all tired of you going on and on about how wack their management is. People like them and people are going to continue to like them regardless of what you say.
March 22, 2006 05:46PM
>same with you cali but u cant stop expression its not depression. its the reality 1 must face up to just like im facing up to facts iNi r' presenting back 2me*
>communication goes along way i*ya'z sumting i cant seh for preston & his crok pot*

-RASpects+
March 22, 2006 06:11PM
--> >ps. ras danny got fanny. ram ram

I seh, bring it on, jahweak...

--
blessid love
ras danny
-Muhammad Ali
March 22, 2006 06:15PM
>yes dan tings change with a re-vision from time to time down the road of trials & tribulations everytime*

Indeed. But if you're going to call Midnite out for revising their band members as you so arduously did last May, then you had better believe that I am going to call YOU out for revising YOUR views of Midnite. Today, you are saying Midnite is overrated, and that is your absolute right to do so, but back in the day it was a different tune you were singing. And judging from the massive family that still follows them from town to town in these parts, just as you did in the summer of 04, most of the folks still love their music.
March 22, 2006 06:24PM
-fanny ram ram-
those sound like fighting words to me!
one love-juan love
FAN OF HUMBLE ROOTS MUSIC
March 22, 2006 06:29PM
I'm sure the complaint's are not over yet! Long live the truthfull music regardless of negative personal managing situations- overcharged booking agents don't make the band's anyway- MIDNITE-OVER RATED-NEVER! DUE REWARD! LION WEAR THE CROWN!
March 22, 2006 06:32PM
I Rastaman Still Stand!!!
riffy
March 22, 2006 06:36PM
jb - ya bring ah cheese fi di wine an InI bring ah violin : )
FAN OF HUMBLE ROOTS MUSIC
March 22, 2006 06:42PM
Yes I and big up IREGGAE for exposing St. Croix music, nuff underated artist!!!!!!!! Teach Root Each Root!
jb welda
March 22, 2006 08:28PM
i said wine and roses...it was meek with the cheese business.

a band is overpriced when no one books them or comes to see them perform. i havent noticed that happening with midnite. i think meek has a personal problem.

one love
jah bill
Andee
March 22, 2006 08:51PM
Haters suck
OUTERNATIONAL RAS
March 22, 2006 08:56PM
Andee check PKW's poem!
jb welda
March 22, 2006 08:56PM
could you expand on your most eloquent comment? what exactly do they "suck", for instance? and what exactly is a "Hater"? im always confused by this because i for one definately think its not "all good". does that make me a "Hater"?

one love
jah bill
OUTERNATIONAL RAS
March 22, 2006 09:02PM
JB, know your feeling's and do not let people answer your personal question's. Anyhow, with a name like Jah Bill, I would say that you are a lover and a freedom fighter, TRUE!!!!!!!! TRUE KING!
March 22, 2006 09:16PM
to sum up JB,
I think a hater is someone who takes issue with someone/thing based on it's success. Although they wouldn't site that directly.

Michael
riffy
March 22, 2006 09:21PM
imho - a hater is someone who deals wit nuff darkness and is green with envy.
March 22, 2006 10:17PM
Leave the realness to me, thanks. I doubt their paycheck affects you in any way.

March 22, 2006 10:38PM
@ jb, a "hater" as described in websters (j/k) is someone who speaks negatively of another persons success or accomplishments because of jealousy or spite. However, some people like to apply the term to anybody who disagrees with them. for example

Midnite fan: "I love midnite, they're live show are awesome"

Hater: "naw, they're style is too slow, they put me to sleep"

Midnite fan: "AAAwwweeee, your a HATER"

I'm a big Midnite fan by the way...Peace
baldhed
March 22, 2006 11:09PM
i am in a reggae band that gigs in SoCal & alot of soundmen have given us bad vibes just because of Midnite. Management & soundmen have then apologized stating that Midnite has played their venue & shown them all sorts of weird & negative & godly vibes and that it turned them off to reggae musicians. this HAS happened at a few venues. one time there was a small fight, well actully just one guy being physical with security during the performance & Vaughn runs off the stage & is outside talking all kinds of **** like he's never seen a fight before. what a whiner. whine all you want when someone eats fastfood or lusts after a woman. big f-ing deal. just keep whining like i am right now. now its time to start my band called 'Daylite'. Remember massive, what color are our bones? which color contains all colors? f-ing race driven whiners.
baldhed
March 22, 2006 11:10PM
i still like some of their music tho
March 22, 2006 11:12PM
Daylite - ROFLMAO - that one wins the humor award for the week baldhead.
baldhed
March 22, 2006 11:25PM
Yes! yknow during midnite hours, plant life cannot produce energy because of the lack of sunlight & vitamins. Without plant life, there is no animal or human life! Long live Daylite!

-"Life does not count on midnite, but on Daylite."
riffy
March 23, 2006 12:12AM
jahmeek, ya can get rid ah heavy load. Earth I eat.

rasriffy@yahoo.com
March 23, 2006 03:14AM
Baldy,

Not true, plants can produce energy without daylite. Check "The Secret Life of Plants" for another view.

BTW, I love Midnite, and look forward to more releases. Current and Jah Grid are great albums, IMO. The one before that, LET LIVE, is one of I favorites.

ic

"Yes! yknow during midnite hours, plant life cannot produce energy because of the lack of sunlight & vitamins. Without plant life, there is no animal or human life! Long live Daylite!"

matt
March 23, 2006 05:31AM
bones are actually a sort of pinkish tan mix of colors. its not till they sit in the sun for awhile and get bleached that they turn white.
March 23, 2006 06:22AM
daylite sucks...

an dem over rated & over paid*

Post Edited (03-23-06 06:23)

--
blessid love
ras danny
-Muhammad Ali
March 23, 2006 07:14AM
Ras D,

Am I reading the eye right? Midnite band is "overrated and over paid" in your opinion AND daylite sucks?

Give thanks for life,
ic
March 23, 2006 07:36AM
Ras Danny is one of the people that PAYS midnite, and I seriously doubt that he would say he 'overpays' them....
March 23, 2006 07:41AM
no, dis wazza sorry attempt at ridiculous humor... mi apology to whomever tek it wrong... nuh worry, I will pay Midnite dem da "going rate" cas I KNOW dem hava HUGE following, that is almost un-equaled..

greets, I Charlie, bless de I an Empress Anita... evryting bright?

--
blessid love
ras danny
-Muhammad Ali
Daylite
March 23, 2006 07:51AM
bones are white..i seen one compounded outta my body.
& plants and animals need DAYLITE. if the sun burnt out, besides freezing, everything would die.
Black is NOT the color of the solar system...
Black is NOT the color of the whole universe...
My morning (in alaska in summer) does Not start with darkness...

baldhed seh :
"f-ing race driven whiners".
very true!

March 23, 2006 07:52AM
you guy's are vibing midnite is ruff it's just that you can't come to the
west coast and expect to get big dollar from a V I band .His new album
made with MYSTIC VISION out fo ( new mexico)is wicked if you have lost contact with midnite this album brings it all back to life, I sat in the recording and injoyed every minute of it staight vibe in Von knows what he's doing.bless
give thanks.
Iah
March 23, 2006 08:51AM
Any eyes heard of Marshell Rosenburg and Non Violent Communication, it appears it would be an invaluable resource to cool off some of the flagrent dutty comments that infiltrate ini network.
Midnite performs for JAH i n i are jus secondary observers so watch yah steppah.
yeah mon
March 23, 2006 08:53AM
for jah & for money...vb got some bling..we all gotta eat
garden of delights
March 23, 2006 08:58AM
Daylite- why are getting into a whole light vs dark spiel? Some things are light -some things are dark- so what? I'm not sure why midnite chose that name, but i have a guess. In our culture and many others lightness or whiteness is associated with goodness, purity, etc and darkness with negativity. That particular line of thinking can be a bit troubling if you happen to have dark skin. They are probably just trying to focus on or point out the good qualities of darkness as a counterbalance. So I don't think you need to take that the wrong way. Darkness needs a little appreciation too- we do need that thought in our society, I think

some things you like dark: rich loamy soil, so good for growing plants, rich dark chocolate, you morning coffee (if you drink it-try green tea instead, though) ..........
March 23, 2006 09:16AM
think a dis--> if it were LIGHT all da time, an nah BALANCED wit DARK, evryting a bun up!!! the dark is a neccessary part a de whole!!! without it, deh BE NO LIGHT!!!

Post Edited (03-23-06 09:18)

--
blessid love
ras danny
-Muhammad Ali
beats a sleeping pill
March 23, 2006 09:17AM
>Midnite performs for JAH i n i are jus secondary observers so watch yah steppah.

I believe it, their set seems to take JAH I-ternity to finish.
If Midnite performs for JAH let HIM pay the band.
March 23, 2006 09:19AM
well, when ya brek it down, ya get MORE fi ya money wit Midnite...

--
blessid love
ras danny
-Muhammad Ali
garden of delights
March 23, 2006 09:21AM
" that it turned them off to reggae musicians."
Although I don't know anything about your allegations here I just wanted to say -how fair is is to judge all reggae bands by the behavior of one band, anyway? Geez. Sounds like that is a problem with the folks at those particular venues.

" f-ing race driven whiners." That's a really ugly statement.
beats a sleeping pill
March 23, 2006 09:23AM
Then u must have a 300 lb girlfriend, there's lots more to love.
I go for quality above quanity every time.
yeah mon
March 23, 2006 09:26AM
ha ha ha...
been to a few shows...it was cool for the times when i wanted to be inna trance..but too much of it can sometimes be kinda boring...
yeah..there are those that still want to see them on the west coast..but i know the feeling of those who are tired of seeing them...ya know..it's alot like you take it for granted & need a break to appreciate it more...
what they need to do..is go hit the south & midwest...
this thread sucks
March 23, 2006 09:33AM
Whining: Best Ways to Get Jah Meek to Stop

Jah Meek whines for a variety of reasons -- to wear us down, to make us feel annoyed, for reassurance and out of pure habit. Whatever the reason, whining is unattractive at best. If whining is an issue, then the way you are dealing with it isn't working -- for you or your Jah Meek.

The following acronym, STOP, will help remind you how to respond -- rather than react -- to Jah Meek's whining:

Slow down your reaction time. Don't throw his hypocrasy back in his face until you feel calm.

Take responsibility for your end of the equation. Ask yourself, "Does this steakhouse DJ really deserve my attention -- is my response feeding into Jah Meek's tendency to whine?"

One-liners should be prepared in advance. I like to respond to Jah Meek's whining by saying, "I will discuss this with you once you put down that filet and stop your gibber jabber."

Plan ahead. To help me be firm, I remind myself that it's in Jah Meek's best interest to hear the words "lightweight promoter' .

Remember, habits are hard to break, and it will take creative planning, confidence in your little one's ability to make positive changes and time before any progress is made.

TIP: Ending whining is only part of the problem. At the same time we need to teach Jah Meek more effective ways of communicating with us and with others.

HIGHPRAISE
March 23, 2006 09:55AM
Bla Bla bla , bla bla ......
BG
March 23, 2006 11:01AM
Did jesus build master pieces of carpentry for free?
i dont ovahs why people think because someone progresses knowledge of self thru a higher power, that they instantly become undeserving of being paid..
all i keep hearing is how much overpaid Midnite band is.
they provide a skill, it is their trade, they teach and they uplift...
do not motivational speakers charge $250,000 to speak to room fulls of business hopefuls for the same 3 hour time slot??
$4k-$12k from a band that commands 400-600 people fulling up your venue is hardly overpriced. (shaking my head at the so-called "reggae lovers" on here.)
March 23, 2006 11:05AM
OK Danny, I'm with ya. I kinda thought you woke up on the wrong side of the bed, while your neighbors were crack-piping, and you brought the vibez here. I thoughts exactly, "well, when ya brek it down, ya get MORE fi ya money wit Midnite...".

and yes the empress and I are bright as daylight. Our 10th anniversary re-vows went OFF and saw the coming of Spring. Equality and Respects a must.

Daylite, you need to put faith in Nature. She's so amazing. Plants and Animals can thrive without light, though a balance seems preferred. Check the book I mention above. Ain't no light in the womb, yet life flourishes.

Below is a list of the top professional baseball earnings (the 9 figure, not finger originals):

$153,379,882 - Barry Bonds
$130,890,502 - Kevin Brown
$127,687,500 - Randy Johnson
$126,027,000 - Alex Rodriguez
$124,845,000 - Greg Maddux
$123,568,000 - Sammy Sosa
$121,001,000 - Roger Clemens
$120,159,654 - Ken Griffey, Jr.
$119,010,002 - Gary Sheffield
$110,426,002 - Mike Piazza
$110,363,431 - Larry Walker
$108,765,000 - Jeff Bagwell
$108,032,727 - Manny Ramirez
$105,569,000 - Pedro Martinez
$103,392,167 - Mike Mussina
$103,145,653 - Tom Glavine
$101,600,001 - Bernie Williams
$100,405,001 - Mo Vaughn (retired)

Now do you say Vaughn and Ron are overpaid for what they do and share? think about it. Someone said Vaughn has the bling.

Yuma, az, for true "Current" is a sign of the times. Nuff goodness to come from from these guys.

Yeah mon, VB gots enough Bling to eat, so......

Sleeping Pill, you say, "If Midnite performs for JAH let HIM pay the band." Well, apparantly HE does!

ic
March 23, 2006 11:41AM
Author: this thread sucks (---.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net)
>if it sux so bad why do u keep posting it?
>aqua could u pleaze explain wha the hell does baseball & non-commercial reggae promoters have in common?
>midnite isnt all that although dem have sum skills & enuff to pay dem bills there is no need to tink people should roll out red carpet where ever dem walk. there just human not perfect & the music speaks that for it self although the lyrics mite seem perfect, everybody meks mistakes. & 1 mistake preston & his loyalists made was to treat me & my family like chit, although that is obviously not in anyway the bands fault it sure does cut on dem vibe in general because repersentation is very important in a crucial time & when your expressing such a BIG message live up to it in a whole not just to what a bank-roll looks like it should be cause played sum festivals in a two years span....*
>go hussle sum dumb-founded listioners cause u cant pull the wool over i* eye's.
>signed; by sum1 who can face up to public reasoning sumting im still waiting for from vaughn even though sum of my friends say he is nice guy & not like his management*
>peace not peice*

-RASpects+
March 23, 2006 12:03PM
Well weak,

The point is that salary is relative. I for one think Midnite is not overpaid. I threw out the 9 figures that some make as baseball income to shed light that the 2-20K the band wants to play, divided by the entire entourage, the lodging, food, travel expenses, promotion, etc... is not unreasonable. In this case, I feel most reggae musicians or messenjahs are drastically underpaid in $$$ terms. I'd prefer to see the messengers that guide humanity to righteousness being paid these figures. As for non-commercial reggae promoters? I don't see your point here. I didn't say a word about promoters. I just think in realtive terms, most reggae musicians are UNDER paid for the good works they SHARE.

"midnite isnt all that", says you. I say Midnite is all that. To each I own. Did anyone here say something about having to roll out the red carpet for Midnite? Whereever dem walk? You keep putting out these unkinda words, when it was your dealing with the management that led to the results you suffer. I think most Midnite fans realeyes that the band is human and we give thanks for the inspiration JAH has given.

Again, to each I own, what you call a Preston mistake because he treated you and family like chit, most likely was a positive move on Preston's part. Perhaps your attitude had something to do with this dealing? If you act anything like you do here online, I'd say you were a big part of that mistake. And if you say this Preston mistake cuts on the band vibe in general, what do you think about all your negative Midnite posts cutting on the band vibe in general? Your representation of the roots message is doing more damage than anyother representation I've seen for a long while. Who's hustling who, Meek?

ic
March 23, 2006 12:08PM
>u souN stupid when u cant spell my name correct go back to the ROTR board*
>trust i* if u dont thats your choice. i listion to alot of music & midnite is not all that* come off the high horse please.......
>i know u want i to quote preston cause he the 1 with the vibes. tell him to stick his head up here & i'll show u*

-RASpects+
March 23, 2006 12:12PM
I should "trust" who? and, ummmm, to I Midnite is all that. Ok wit U? Thanks in advance. If you have something to say to Preston, why don't you say it to him, not here onlist?

Love to all,
ic
BG
March 23, 2006 12:14PM
Jahmeek, will you call me?? i want to hear how you sound in real life.
March 23, 2006 12:20PM
bg-lovely,

he probably lost his phone service, as the phone company management wanted more than he thought they deserved.

ic
BG
March 23, 2006 12:20PM
eYE-cHaRLiE,
GOOD TO SEE THE i. we waste valuable time in trying to mek sense outta meek nonsense, it nah mek no sense.....i-tinue bun lava ground i-shants, giving thx for inspiration and creation in these times....positive visions i man have thru midnite word sound, and it nah goh switch.
March 23, 2006 12:23PM
>bg my # is not to hard to get but it wont be posted here*
giv+thanx
>aqua the rotr board is waiting primo wants to tell u the song of the day*

-RASpects+
March 23, 2006 12:31PM
Meek,

Jah gives I the song of life everyday. No need to worry about I. Go where you want and I'll do the same. Thanks in advance.

ic

Go Midnite!
March 23, 2006 12:39PM
deleted

Post Edited (03-24-06 08:21)

--
blessid love
ras danny
-Muhammad Ali
March 23, 2006 12:40PM
>aqua dont worry about me just ignore i if u dont like what i have to say. but dont try to say im talking non-sense cause im not writing about cartoons here im talking about real people with actual runnings not nothing but the truth so help i* jah. thanx for supporting the thread. please come again : )

-RASpects+
March 23, 2006 12:43PM
incidentally, was in 2nd Avenue Records here jus yestahday... dis store bin a Tap Nat reggae/rap/punk/hard rock connection fi at least THREE decades in dis town... man deh tell I the biggest sales a all reggae deh is ......MIDNITE!

oh, an dats REAL!!!

Post Edited (03-23-06 12:44)

--
blessid love
ras danny
-Muhammad Ali
bee
March 23, 2006 12:47PM
March 23, 2006 12:55PM
>thats great ras hope the best for dem .
.have not heard album yet last LP i got was called let live & best track was a song titled ' all about what you do' featuring pressure & massiah who i consider made the song what it is more than it has to do with midnite not to mention the missing band members just from that album.
>going back to title its all about what you do not what you say' which is alot how i feel about this whole topic threaded. vaughn seems to be saying alot of tings ...

-RASpects+
yeah mon
March 23, 2006 01:07PM
here is my take (like anyone cares)
it's cool to like midnite...the problem is that many midnite fans~are actually kind of fanatic & can't take it that others don't share the intensity of their views. alot of ya'll come off holier than thou---this is just based on the responses...i had someone check the threads who know nothing of reggae or who's who--and that was their immediate reaction.
yeah..jahmeek may irritate ppl to death sometimes, but truth be told..i don't think he would hold a grudge this long if there were not some grain of truth to what he says. no one here ever wants to believe that almighty midnite or vaughn or management ever do anything wrong. alot of folks on here won't say if they even feel a tinge of truthfulness in the statements...probably 'cause they want to make money offa midnite...that's their bizness..jahmeek..seems to me he just don't really give a chit & is more about principle with him. each to their own...i am ready to call for NEXT
gimme some army abja or niyorah if ya gonna give me any stx!
March 23, 2006 01:18PM
yeah mon- word
bring back pressure- not sure about everyone else...
OUTERNATIONAL RAS
March 23, 2006 01:29PM
JAHWEAKHEARTMEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MORE MIDNITE TILL MEEK AWAKE FROM HIS NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yeah mon
March 23, 2006 01:33PM
u think preston or kufunya would contact jahmeek & try to make amends or work something out? see..that there would show how much they are truly bout livity & what not...being the bigger man..or woman whateva & trying to work these things out..
*side note*
not the first time i heard of some bad or ill feelings dealing with that camp...most of you seem lucky enough to have had positive experiences..not the same for all...even for those with best intentions *end of side note*
March 23, 2006 02:10PM
--> u think preston or kufunya would contact jahmeek & try to make amends or work something out? ...

well, dats ASSUMIN dat dem dun a wrong ting or even perceived dat deh was sum kind wrong dun, weddah intentional or accidental... so far as I&I know from dis Phorum, jahweak nevah seh nuh'in ta dem, jus a gwaan chatty chatty all ovah dis same Phorum, far as I-man a tell...

so only haff da story bin told... an as far as dat go, we nah nevah HEAR da tru jahweak haff, jus his anger an frustrashun... so what up yo...

--
blessid love
ras danny
-Muhammad Ali
yeah mon
March 23, 2006 02:15PM
well...i understand ya reasonin...the thing is kufunya been on the board & has seen the words--so she is aware of jahmeeks misgivings...
even if the mgmt not at fault--it just seems that he/she/they would or could make a step to make things brighter for all involved...only one side of the story..true..
oh well..the saga will always continue.
March 23, 2006 02:33PM
dat go, we nah nevah HEAR da tru jahweak haff, jus his anger an frustrashun... so what up yo..."
>sounds like fanny boy is little frustared himself...
>not that im not, u could seh im more disgusted*
>but thanx for nice powerless words & everyting cant for get about the gratefulness & everyting & dem tail stickers^

-RASpects+
March 23, 2006 02:53PM
Dear Jahmeek

It appears that somehow our music offended you. Please forgive us. We are sending you a lifetime pass to all future festivals on the face of the earth.

Its not a "free" pass, but it is an emotional pass to let go of the negativity and enjoy yourself wherever and whenever you are. You can allow yourself to experience life in a positive light and learn to communicate with other humans in a way that won't force them to view you negatively.

In order to accept this gift, please go to a mirror and speak the following words:

"I'm a good person and I love myself"

Repeat 5 times. If it doesn't take, repeat again. And again. And again.....

Midnite, the Band

March 23, 2006 03:13PM
yeah mon, here's I reply (like anyone cares):

I haven't seen the positive fanatics here. To eye, the Midnite fans have not come off holier than though. The opposite sometimes Eye see, where Jahweak talks about red carpet expectations and tings. We don't bring dem tings. We see Jah current flowing through Vaughn and Ron and apprecilove the experience. We often say thanks and feel lucky for living in these times. Not sure who you choose to check the threads, could have been a Bush and war supporter??

"it's cool to like midnite...the problem is that many midnite fans~are actually kind of fanatic & can't take it that others don't share the intensity of their views. alot of ya'll come off holier than thou---this is just based on the responses...i had someone check the threads who know nothing of reggae or who's who--and that was their immediate reaction."

Appears that jahweak is the only one that is holding a $$$ grudge. A $$$ dealing changed his views on the "Music". Has influenced his ears and heart. Most say $$$ is the root of all evil, I think it starts with jealousy. But $$$ is a monkey too. Usually they run hand in hand. Most of we never make $$$ offa midnite. "alot of folks here" do not make money offa midnite. Seems only weak is concerned about making, or saving $$$.

"alot of folks on here won't say if they even feel a tinge of truthfulness in the statements...probably 'cause they want to make money offa midnite...that's their bizness..jahmeek..seems to me he just don't really give a chit & is more about principle with him."

preston@rastafaria.com

"u think preston or kufunya would contact jahmeek & try to make amends or work something out? "

Jah is maize,
ic
jb welda
March 23, 2006 03:21PM
ras danny, so the midnite album is their best seller?

and matisyahoo is the second best seller?

;-)

catch my drift star?

anyway, c'mon meek drop it and move on. youre just making yourself look weak.

i dont know the details but the bottom line is, its business. they want x amount; if youre not prepared to pay it, go to the next one and dont disgrace yourself in public because then no one else will want to deal with you either. the world doesnt revolve around midnite but for sure it doesnt revolve around you.

one love
jah bill
riffy
March 23, 2006 03:26PM
wat? grip yourselves, it's ok.

I loved Midnites' response...hilarious.
kyndgrl
March 23, 2006 05:10PM

"whine all you want when someone eats fastfood or lusts after a woman. big f-ing deal"

well baldhead. ill tell you whats wrong with it..for those of us choosing a more righteous way of livity, its is a big f'ing deal!! If you have any knowledge at all, Rastafari livity is about cleansing yourself of the mind of all things impure,as well as many other things InI can reason upon!! If your wack crowd down in Socal cant handle what they have to say, that too bad!! For all of us others, we LOVE midnite, and cant wait for them to be back so they can chant down BabyWRONG some more!! More Fyah pon de wicked!!

Also give thanks to Garden of Delight for her reasoning, more love

Jah Guidance everytime~
March 23, 2006 05:44PM
Yeah Mon Said:
"yeah..jahmeek may irritate ppl to death sometimes, but truth be told..i don't think he would hold a grudge this long if there were not some grain of truth to what he says."

Sure there may be some grain of truth to what Jahmeek is saying, but for me atleast that's not the point. Does not JAH teach forgiveness is a virtue? It's been what, two years now? And Jahmeek is still on here smearing midnite at every possible chance he gets. I would think for someone that gives themself a name like JahMeek this type of childish behavior would be beneath them. It's fine if you don't like midnite, it's fine if you want to express that you don't like their music, but the personal insults and slander about their management is just old.
baldhed
March 23, 2006 05:48PM
nothings wrong with lusting over a woman. thats how we exist. i think fastfood is bullshit also, but it seems too many heads are trying to be righteous. just BE righteous. you can be righteous and eat fastfood. and who says what rastafari livity is?? selassie sure didnt! selassie said he was not god among other things. he was a murderer. how u think he made it to the throne. and about this ''wack crowd'' in socal... are you an idiot or what? generalizing like that...
yah, "bun" the wicked right? just like burning all gays & whatever. ok mrs. pure.
baldhed
March 23, 2006 05:49PM
did i mention, i still like midnite... they just need to chek "dem" attitudes. remember, not everyone can be a vegan rasta righteous patois headwrap wearin individual.
March 23, 2006 05:52PM
JahMeek Said:

"have not heard album yet last LP i got was called let live & best track was a song titled ' all about what you do' featuring pressure & massiah who i consider made the song what it is more than it has to do with midnite not to mention the missing band members just from that album."

If you actually bought the album you would see that it is a midnite-I grade collaboration, so understandably most of the music was played by Tippy, Kenyatta and the I Grade crew. And if you looked a little further and read the insert you would also see that all of you so called "missing" band members, implying Dion, Phil, and Abijah, I would assume, play on at least one track anyways.
Iah
March 24, 2006 05:29AM
Iah think the reason Kufunya doesn't respond or try to defend herself or the band is that she only deals with uplifting ites of reasoning. Everytime Iah have been in her presence i have recieved nothing but good vibes and i'm sure she does not want to get wrapped up in negative grudge fiasco babble. Pure speculation based of ience hypothesis though.
yeah mon
March 24, 2006 06:11AM
she don't always put out good vibes...but we all have bad days..
kynd gyrl...don't you wear make up? what was in that glass you have in one of your pics on that link to your myspace page? you are not as pure as ur trying to portray...

aqua~Not sure who you choose to check the threads, could have been a Bush and war supporter??
see..this is what i am saying..why did you have to get defensive & talk like that? This is another example of what alot of midnite fan base is..the rest of your comment would have been cool--but you felt the need to bash. there was no need for that...and for the record the benjamin brothers do have a reputation of being difficult to work with...they should bring their own sound man & stop harassing everyone else with looks of disgust.

*remember--i said i did like them...just not as much now as opposed to before--but my feelings on them in regards to what i am saying has always been the same*
March 24, 2006 06:14AM
jb, I dint aks dem bout matisyahoo...

--
blessid love
ras danny
-Muhammad Ali
March 24, 2006 06:36AM
--> do have a reputation of being difficult to work with
--> bring their own sound man & stop harassing everyone else

yeah mon, ya evah hav ya OWN dealin's wit dem "benjamin brothers"? reputation, or rumor is not always da TRUTH... we hav NEVER had any ill experiences workin wit dem here in Ptown... our soundmen dem ALL have da highest respect fi dem! is deh a thing wrong wit a band wantin ta get dem sound JUST THE WAY dem WANT IT?

--> with looks of disgust

looks of disgust, really mon! mithinks dat ya can neveh know what a "look" mean lest ya da One givin it, ya can only INTERPRETATE what it MIGHT mean... looks nah seh nuh'in, words are used usually to transmit conversation, to exchange thoughts and express meaning... what ya seh'in is commonly referred to as a "thinking error" - when ya think ya know what a next man conveys in a "look" or what a next man be "thinking"...

--
blessid love
ras danny
-Muhammad Ali
March 24, 2006 06:51AM
Easy yeah mon,

You thought that was bashing? Wow! Without taking offense, my point was that the person checking the thread may be biased in any direction. We all have our views when we read a ting, so I could have picked someone at random that feels quite the opposite. Telling us what one person thought is not the truth for all of we. Seen. That's all. (read carefully, I am not saying Midnite is so wholly. I nah worship Man, seen. Vaughn and Ron, and Kufunya and Preston, just more idren. None a we are perfect. Who is like Jah? For the record, why are you telling us that the benjamin brothers have a reputation of being difficult to work with. the thread has to do with Midnite being over rated and over paid, that's all.

Do you think Midnite is Overrated and/or overpaid for what they do and give?

I suppose if Midnite were to travel with their own sound man then the $$$ price must increase a bit, too. Good suggestion though.

ic done

"aqua~Not sure who you choose to check the threads, could have been a Bush and war supporter??
see..this is what i am saying..why did you have to get defensive & talk like that? This is another example of what alot of midnite fan base is..the rest of your comment would have been cool--but you felt the need to bash. there was no need for that...and for the record the benjamin brothers do have a reputation of being difficult to work with...they should bring their own sound man & stop harassing everyone else with looks of disgust. "
yeah mon
March 24, 2006 07:04AM
maybe over-rated..not necessarily overpaid...

i wonder what abijah phil & dion think about midnite now?
March 24, 2006 09:19AM
How many times has Midnite played in California the last 3 years?
I would safely guess 50 - 75 times. More than any other place on earth I bet. And why do they come here..... Because people go nuts and sell out the place. California is Midnite's bread & butter, once they found out we were willing to pay the price is only going to rise.

I personally would prefer to see just about any JAMAICAN reggae artists rather than midnite but ...... that's because all of midnites songs sound the same to me.

I celebrated the day they found a way to end their songs and not just jam for 3 hours
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login