Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Midnite over rated & over paid*

Posted by Jahmeek 
baldhed
Re: Midnite over rated & over paid*
March 24, 2006 07:42PM
kufunya was caught talkin trash about some other (i will leave them unnamed) VI bands a few years ago. saying that they just 'imitate' midnite & that midnite was the original VI band!! how dissrespectful. didnt Umojah & Inner Visionz (i could be wrong)come before?? Vaughn was probably still in his little "hip-hop dance crew" when these artists were jamming.
jb welda
March 24, 2006 09:03PM
>Vaughn was probably still in his little "hip-hop dance crew" when these artists
>were jamming.

you misspelled "bob marley cover band" there baldhed.

i was looking at a record by a VI group from the 70s in this obscure record shop in SF the other day. kind of wish i had bought it just to see what it sounded like. or if the names of players were familiar to anyone. i cant even remember the groups name now...

one love
jah bill
March 24, 2006 09:20PM
Could that have been "Guidance" by Devon Peters Jah Bill? This was recently given to me as being "the first roots album out of the VI"
March 24, 2006 09:24PM
Inner Visions has been together for 25 years, and their music, having roots in the foundation music of the 70s and early 80s, sounds nothing like Midnite. Come to Boonville this summer & check them out, you won't be sorry.
March 24, 2006 09:30PM
"sounds nothing like Midnite"

That's true. I've always thought they sound more like Third World than anything else coming out of the Virgin Islands. And they were very strong in their appearance at Monterey a few years ago....

jb welda
March 24, 2006 10:46PM
did it have a black and white line drawing on the front cover daniel?

next time im in the city im going to go back there and get it; it was only 5 or 6 $.

maybe you know this store, its right off market st near castro and its windows are lined with color vinyl records? i bought something there but cant find the receipt to tell you the name of the place

one love
jah bill
March 24, 2006 10:54PM
Yeah, i know that record store, but not the name either.

Sounds like we are talking about 2 different albums...

March 24, 2006 10:57PM
> i can seh i am true to the bone turned off by midnite & their fanbase now 100%!
>if this is the future of reggae like a host of a renegade show in tahoo tryed to say while doing mc b4 show. this guy was praizing these guys like r'though more holy than like. it was a total joke mon, come back to earth & go back to acting like u r their rowdy & keep making remarks about under ages should go home ALOUD! in parking lot, what a snot & this is what is being repersented in Cali. sorry AZ. dont play dem games.
>also give thanx for the phoney midnite band commits taken from a SNL skit, come a lill' more original joker mon*.
>one more point is midnite is not really even a 'band' any more its all a shame behind a spearhead now*
>would also mention i never planned on making any money off prestons dealings i told him thatstraight up along with many other tings that made himself look in the mirror & run with his tail between legs*

-RASpects+
March 24, 2006 11:02PM
"i can seh i am true to the bone turned off by midnite & their fanbase now 100%!"

I suggest you stay in arizona this June Jahmeek, cause snwmf will be swarming with Midnite fans!!!!!
jb welda
March 24, 2006 11:03PM
its definately not that album daniel; if it were that rootsy looking i would not have hesitated. to tell the truth it looks kind of like more of a "north coast" (as in jamaica) tourist thing which is why i didnt get it.

one love
jah bill
March 24, 2006 11:12PM
>really if your bringing them have dem play on sunday i will leave early*
thanx for heads up^

-RASpects+
March 24, 2006 11:15PM
It's the fanbase Jahmeek. They will be there from Friday morning and are not likely to depart before Monday....
March 24, 2006 11:21PM
Well, i know Benjamin Sr. put out some albums in the 70s and 80s, but suspect a "Ronnie Benjamin" album coming out of St. Croix would have caught your attention...
March 24, 2006 11:34PM
I have read this thread and am compelled to share a poem by the 14th century Sufi master and poet Hafiz:

Even
After
All this time
The sun never says to the earth

"You owe
Me."

Look
What happens
with a love like that,
It lights the
Whole
Sky.

Midnite is a hole in the flute that the Most High's Breath moves through!

Every thought is a prayer, so take care!
Rev. Benjamin aka priest 12 aka dubgroove
March 24, 2006 11:39PM
>its to bad that people who repersent the sun cant do any better of job with sumting more simple like a band or sumone holding on to the thought of having a band while going solo*

-RASpects+
kyndgrl
March 25, 2006 02:34AM
yea mon~
yes i do have makeup on in that picture, and what else did you ask?? whats in the glass?? its not alchohol if thats what youre trying to imply, so since you dont know, dont make assumptions please...I was just giving a rebuttal to waht Baldhead had to say, cause it sounds like he doesnt like what Midnite has to sing and say, so my suggestion is maybe he shouldnt go, instead of insult thier music
thanks for judging me...since you know me o so well...
baldhed
March 25, 2006 03:29AM
& thanks for judging me & the whole of So cal.
baldhed
March 25, 2006 03:53AM
by the way, very nice poem bruce!
March 25, 2006 04:41AM
poster named from long time seen:

thanks for that poem. I wasted ten minutes of my life reading this thread, and your post made it worthwhile.
March 25, 2006 04:53AM
Its like mining for quartz crystal at hallelujah junction (high desert) in the spring or fall. Its cold, by the second day your hands and feet are all torn up, and you begin to feel like all your digging has just been a waste of time. Then you find that nice amythest point and realize it was all worthwhile.

Same way with finding that wisdom by Hafiz after reading all the previous posts.

March 25, 2006 06:03AM
mining at hallelujah isn't so hard, you can find 1-3" points just lying all over the ground, not sure about that amethyst though, in my years lots of smokies, a citrine here and there, but never found anything purple out there...
March 25, 2006 06:17AM
i found a nice smokey/amythest point, deep purple, double terminated, about 2 by two inches, with a nice hydro inclusion.

My buddy found a large, dark purple amythest chunk out there. several nice points, about five or six inches cubed.

the mining can be hard or not depending on what level quality your looking for, how hard you want to work. It's a long drive for me and when i get out there, i usually cant stay too long, so i hustle. I definately always leave with cut up hands and sore feet.
jb welda
March 25, 2006 06:25AM
im going to have to find this place one of these days. does it take 4wd to get there or can you get somewhere more remote and not so combed over with a good 4wd vehicle?

one love
jah bill
March 25, 2006 06:41AM
doesnt take 4wd. Ive been out there in my buddy's saturn that has about two inches of clearance. (Not that its recommended)

If you all know of any more remote, less combed over 4wd mines, please share.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login