Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mighty Diamonds

Posted by Dubguy 
Mighty Diamonds
March 23, 2006 08:42AM
Was just hearing an old track when it occured to me - why not bring them? They still owe us a set!
papa ray
Re: Mighty Diamonds
March 23, 2006 05:12PM
Love their records as much as anyone, but I must admit the last few sets
I've seen were uncomfortably close to a yawn. And when they didn't make that last SNWMF it wasn't like the sky fell, tell the truth. I'm looking forward to seeing what contemporary/dancehall names are forthcoming...
March 23, 2006 05:41PM
I would love to see the Diamonds again, they are a class act. I am sure they would pump up the energy for a festival set.....
March 23, 2006 06:07PM
Yes! Birng the Mighty Diamonds.
jb welda
March 24, 2006 12:03AM
tabby seems to have immigration issues and they have a track record of showing up without him.

one love
jah bill
March 24, 2006 12:14AM
jb welda wrote:

> tabby seems to have immigration issues and they have a track
> record of showing up without him.
>
...which, without one of the most distinctive and heartfelt voices in reggae, would be the Mighty Rhinestones.
jb welda
March 24, 2006 12:27AM
that was my point exactly herb. its been embarrassing the couple times ive caught them with tabby not in the house, like REAL embarrassing.

one love
jah bill
March 24, 2006 01:22AM
jb we were supposed to open for Diamonds here in Cruz a couple of years ago, but when the promoter found out Tabby wasn't with them he cancelled the show (to his credit) and we played the show at a reduced ticket price.
kyndgrl
March 24, 2006 01:30AM
thats too bad...i would really love to see them in show..i hope tabby can work things out
March 24, 2006 07:24AM
check the new cover of Beat...a Mighty fine pic of the sweetest trio. Last I saw them, Tabby sounded sweet as ever, but looked like he had to strain to project. He said "Jah bless I" to my comment to him that his voice is one of the greatest. Jah bless for their great songs.
March 24, 2006 04:58PM
the ark band had the great privilege of sharing the stage w/the mighty diamonds in santa cruz ( was it 2000 year? after performimg at reggae on the river?- the ark band's second of 2 trips to california ? )

one peace roots-ee
[thearkband.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login