Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

word sound reasoning

Posted by Iah 
Iah
word sound reasoning
March 23, 2006 08:57AM
Any eyes wanna reflect on the word "wicked" to say positive things. To iah it is an impossibility to use this word for saying good things. It seems so many idren dem are using this word to site iritical things an iah just reject such conotation. Not sure if I'm getting iah point across but if any eye iverstands wah Iah am saying feedreturn would be helpful.
yeah mon
Re: word sound reasoning
March 23, 2006 08:59AM
maybe it is something that is so good it is almost sinful? ya know they say if something is too good then it must be bad??
March 23, 2006 09:13AM
great tune 'bout dis very subjekt...

Jayzik/Let Go Wickedness/ Problem Child/ Ariwa

[www.ariwa.com] -->Catalog

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
March 23, 2006 09:14AM
it really reminds me of the 70's and 80's word for something good, far out, ect.. It makes me cringe. I hear bredren say," damn it" in the same way.. It makes you stop and think about the words that come out of our mouths. what about the saying, "indian giver"? none of my peeps ever gave anyone anything if it wasn't theirs to give. I cannot speak for others. but good point. it should be addressed.
I overs yeah mon's reasoning aswell. give thanx. It still makes me cringe

isaiah 30and31
March 23, 2006 01:12PM
Why do people write in Jamaican patois? Are you Jamaican?

I like snow
bee
March 23, 2006 01:34PM
this thread is so sick
yeah mon
March 23, 2006 01:36PM
lol
March 23, 2006 01:59PM
>i* seh when JAH JAH bring brimstone, thunder, tidal wave, ect. yes thats pretty wicked but when the selector go on about dis chune so wicked pon babywrong that seems to fall short 2times in dis clash bang-a-rang bambah*

-RASpects+
March 23, 2006 02:02PM
alireggae, dats "RasDannyTwa"...

Post Edited (03-23-06 14:11)

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
kris
March 23, 2006 09:08PM
not this righteous, trying to be a perfect rastafari **** again, geez! not every one who sites rastafari uses word, sound, power or patois in every situation in their daily life. For example, I talk how I was raised & the influences surrounded in east sj, so I talk kind of hyphy compared to those who grew up sheltered in suburbia or what not... or are so lost in finding themselves that they think they have to do everything a Jamaican may do so that they feel more cultured.

Different strokes for everyone, but doesn't mean people who say wicked or bad to mean something is good are less righteus human beings, that's jus what they say in there crew. If I rolled up to my old block saying, " greetings ones... may I receive this I-nana from the I.....give thanks, I aprecilove...etc.....I'd get my ass beat for trying to talk and act like something I am not.
March 23, 2006 09:55PM
Indian Giver, is actually a term that was ment to insult white people. Because the whites took back everything that they gave to the indians, thus an indian giver is someone who takes back what they give.
March 23, 2006 10:18PM
I don't know any Rastas who use that I-talk. only the wanna-bees who've watched Rockers too many times.

riffy
March 23, 2006 10:21PM
apparently u know all the Rastas in de whole world? jus kiddn chim
riffy
March 23, 2006 10:24PM
ya care fi come reason wit I in real time the "how to become a true Rasta" tread?
riffy
March 23, 2006 10:29PM
Calireggae, most whites never gave Shite to the Indians other than abomination. They stole it and then gave it and then took it back? mek no sense....
March 24, 2006 07:33AM
I'm in complete agreement with you riffy, my point was just that the term "indian giver" isn't infact ment as an insult to indians but to whites.
March 25, 2006 09:53PM
So what's ur point ali? However it was meant it is how it is. The indians never gave ****..... So how is someone an indian giver? Never u mind.. it seems too personal with you.. By the way... The man's name is yeah mon... so I'm not tryin to talk anyway but my own... So get over yourself. The word sound was the point.
point well taken about rollin up to ur crew talkin som way not ur own.... people do change and mature.. so ur boys gotta deal when that time comes or step off.To have a positive word sound u don't have to talk any way but respectful... I reserve my right to not like the way things sound. Love the person the same still.

isaiah 30and31
March 25, 2006 11:59PM
ali you & I are not English, but we're writing to one another in it...
riffy
March 26, 2006 12:53AM
simple and eloquent Stamina
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login