Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What are the ingredients of Ital Stew/Roots Tonic

Posted by pale ryder 
What are the ingredients of Ital Stew/Roots Tonic
March 23, 2006 11:27AM
Is there a general recipie for Ital Stew and Roots Tonic?
Re: What are the ingredients of Ital Stew/Roots Tonic
March 23, 2006 11:47AM
Herb and Cedric, I'll let you guys handle this one... =D
March 23, 2006 11:59AM
many secrets to brewing a proper roots tonic...
riffy
March 23, 2006 03:46PM
lets hear it Tahoe or is it too secret? lol
March 23, 2006 04:10PM
Don't know everything in the one Rocky Bailey makes, but here's a few of the ingredients:

Ginseng (panax quinquefolia) - known remedy for all manner of illness. Promotes appetite and is useful in digestive disturbance, effective for colds and chest troubles and cough and increase energy level.

Tiger Bone - enhances libido, boost sexual vigor, performance stamina and heightens sexual excitement for both males and females. The formula in this tonic will stimulate gland hormone activities, increase body energy that helps improve blood supply, nerve stimulation and glandular activity.

Raw Moon Bush - Body builder, fertility, increases sperm count

Chaney Root - Blood cleanser, rheumatism and arthritis, skin problems, promotes physical strength

Cola Bark - rids the body of poisons, regulates circulation and cardiac rhythms, improves appetite and lessens desire for alcohol, promotes physical strength

Sarsaparilla - Blood cleanser, balances hormones, reproductive organs

Strong Back - Promotes physical strength

Chew Stick - Kills bacteria that causes tooth decay, stops bleeding gums and tighten loose teeth

Poor-Man-Friend - Promotes physical strength

Man Back - Male and female body tonic, reproductive organs, backache, muscle pains, kidney ailments and impotency

Sassafras - Spring tonic, cleanses the body of mucus, body purifier, acts as a pain-killer

Wood Root - As a household remedy and general tonic for the blood, body and nerves

Nerve Wisp - Calms nerves, cleans the liver

cirassee - not sure what this does, but it's in common usage amongst rasta herb doctors in JA and is often used alone to make tea
riffy
March 24, 2006 06:21PM
thx Stam ^
riffy
March 24, 2006 08:31PM
yo pr, got sum fi ya..

Ital Stew

2 Cups dried beans (any kind)
2 medium potatoes
1 Cup diced yellow Yam
2 medium sweet potatoes diced
12 medium okra chopped
2 cups corn
3 medium carrots
3 scallion stalks
3 garlic cloves
1 scotch bonnet or habenaro pepper
3 cups Coconut milk
1 T soya margarine or oil
7-12 pimento seeds (allspice)
3 pices fresh thyme
2 Cups whole wheat flour
1 T ginger
2 stalks lemon grass
garnish with fresh cilantro
riffy
March 24, 2006 11:13PM
oh yeah, the flour is fi spinners, just add sum water, mek'em up when it starts fi boil.
March 24, 2006 11:14PM
cearsee(sp) is a medicinal herb with many uses, an excellent blood purifier, helps with stomach issues, clears skin problems etc..also can be mixed with lime and used as a "ital" soap..suds up like any bar soap.

March 25, 2006 10:03AM
My husband carries a grocery bag full of dried cerasse every time he returns from Jamaica. It is one of the nastiest tasting teas I have ever tried to consume. He loves it, and is very committed to believing in the blood purification properties. I aways cringe when he walks through the airport with his big brown bag of dried cerasse. I always think it is a big red flag for the drug agents but they never seem to pay it any mind. Go figure. If it was me walking through the airport with that bag, I am sure it would be strip search city.

Another great product from Jamaica is the noni fruit. Another vile tasting liquid but has an amazing reputation of being able to cure just about any disease known to man. It is cured in plastic bags where the liquid seeps out of the fruit in the heat over the course of a week or so. I was particularly taken by the belief in it's ability to cure cancer. When I got home and went to the American Cancer Society database, I actually found information on it's use. It said there had been some very interesting reports but not enough money supporting the research. surprise, surprise!

The Noni Plant as it grows along the beach in Jamaica

Noni fermenting April 2005

"love shines brighter than the morning sun"
March 25, 2006 10:10AM
Ital stew by Brother Ricky:

Grate a coconut and squeeze out the juice. You can squeeze the coconut more than one time and create the quantity you want for soup. Get some red peas and boil in different pot until soft. The water can be added to coconut milk. Cut up onions, scallions, garlic, carrot, Irish potato, renta yam and turnip. Add more beans (usually two different kinds, white bean or green). Add thyme, scotch bonnet, and make it boil until some of the yams start to get soft. Roll up some small balls of dumpling and throw in there. Things must mash up until the stew gets thick.
March 25, 2006 10:56AM
Riffy do you prefer spinners or johnnycakes?
riffy
March 25, 2006 11:30AM
I guess have nuh preference. Johnny cakes(corncake, shawnee cake) although usually made with cornmeal can be flour too, eh? just found out afta researching. I like'em both. Only tried ta make'em once myself though.

Do you like bammies? how bout grater cakes?

Johnnycakes, johnny cakes, jonnycake, ashcake, battercake, corn cake, cornpone, hoecake, hoe cake, journey cake, mush bread, pone, Shawnee cake, jonakin, and jonikin. These are all regional names for cornmeal flatbread. The name, exact type of batter and cooking method varies from region to region. They may be cooked over the ashes of a campfire, on hot stones, on a griddle, in a cast iron pan, or in the oven.

"When the Native Americans showed the Pilgrims how to cook with maize, they must have taught them to make johnnycake, a dense cornmeal bread whose thick batter is shaped into a flat cake and baked or fried on a griddle. Johnnycake, also spelled jonnycake and also called journey cake and Shawnee cake, is a New England specialty, especially in Rhode Island, where it is celebrated by the Society for the Propagation of Johnny Cakes. The Usquepaugh, Rhode Island, Johnnycake Festival features johnnycakes made of white Indian corn called flint corn. Outside New England the name johnnycake is best known in the Upper Midwest, but the food itself is most popular in the South and South Midland states, where it is known as ashcake, batter bread, battercake, corn cake, cornpone, or hoecake. The color of the cornmeal, the consistency of the batter, the size of the cake, and the cooking method can vary from region to region. For example, an ashcake, according to a Georgia informant, is “made by wrapping cornbread batter in cabbage leaves and burying it gently at the back of the fireplace” (Dudley Clendinen)."

[home.comcast.net]
riffy
March 25, 2006 11:54AM
Im like a nanny goat.haha I like most everything, Ital anyways. I try fi keep Jah temple in order with conscious Ital selections dem.
March 25, 2006 01:40PM
Bwai the goat dem inna yard woulda eat ANYthing...chew on motor oil-soaked cardboard, lick insects offa car bumpers...I used to nyam nuff curry goat pattie till I saw some of dem things...
riffy
March 25, 2006 02:57PM
ya I hear dat...goat like piggy ta me..nuh interest..habits dem dutty so.-LOL
pale ryder
March 27, 2006 04:49PM
Thanks ya'll, I was hoping to make some tonic, but it sounds a little difficult. I might need some professional consulting on that one. The recipies for the stew sound really good though.
March 27, 2006 04:53PM
Just get some from Rocky, but make sure your lady's around cause you'll have more wood than Bohemian Grove.

fourtwentyplenty
pale ryder
March 27, 2006 04:58PM
HA HA!
I dont know Rocky, but I am sure she wouldnt mind.....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login