Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

re: Stage Busta

Posted by Andee 
June 21, 2004 08:40AM
Who was it trying to get up on stage with Burning Spear and what was his problem? big thanks to Burning Spear for continuing to play and for all the people backstage that rushed the man off without serious incident.

Many thanks to all those who helped put on the fest again this year and too all the artists who made the treck. I especially enjoyed Dezarie for the first time, Israel Vibrations, Midnite, Don Carlos and Burning Spear. Much respect to Don Carlos for always mixing with the people afterwards....
June 21, 2004 01:32PM
For real, that was Andrew Tosh... it was his earthday Saturday... who knows why he pulled such a move??

Dezarie blessed the show, she was by far my favorite to set the vibes right! And the vibes of Midnite in her support just made the vibes sweeter.
Give thanks always for Don Carlos and his humility.
June 21, 2004 02:42PM
That was Tosh? I was backstage when it happened and it was quite a scene. He tried to get on once, but they pushed him back. Then about five minutes later he made a move for the stairs and got stopped again so he climbed a rail like the cops were after him and got on stage. The crew removed him to one side and he ran out of the backstage area. Then, after the show, Spear left right after he got off stage. He literaly walked off stage, got into a four runner and was gone, C-Ya!

If Tosh was there, why didn't he join Fully's set in the AM? Why would someone like Tosh pull such a stunt and make himself look so foolish? I don't think it was him.
June 21, 2004 02:56PM
It was him smoker according to very reliable sources and I don't blame spear for cutting out.
side watcher
June 21, 2004 03:00PM
it would of made more sense to bill him with fully's band seeing how it was a "peter tosh celebration" ...
i think it was a totally unnessesary stunt, however i see where he's coming from, and i do feel sorry for him. it was caused by some mix up with the promoters or something...
June 21, 2004 03:14PM
that's not how it has been explained to me but regardless of how it went down he acted like a spoiled baby. No father would be proud of such childish behavior and disrespect to burning spear. I don't feel sorry for him at all
crystal geyser
June 21, 2004 03:18PM
how was it explained to you?
sources say it was a disagreement with the promoters... he arrived with his band (incase any last minute cancelations)... no cancellation = no show = no pay!

it was totally disrespectful to spear! i understand andrew's point, but they way he went about it was WRONG & completely negative!
June 21, 2004 03:48PM
Andrew Tosh seems to be vexed that Fully Fullwood and crew have been doing the "Peter Tosh Celebration Tour" throughout Europe and the U.S. This is strictly between Andrew Tosh and Fully, and has nothing to do with the promoters of SNWMF.

I don't know anything about who holds the 'rights' to do such a tour (Andrew has been doing a "Reggae Mylitis Salutes Peter Tosh" tour). Perhaps Andrew has a legitimate gripe in that regard, but to take his frustrations out on Burning Spear, the SNWMF sound system and all the fans in attendance only accomplished one thing - getting him permanently banned from the festival....
crystal geyser
June 21, 2004 03:51PM
thanks for clearing that up daniel.
Sis April
June 21, 2004 05:05PM
And then Andrew speed out of the back stage area and past I bus at over 60 mph- fe sure- and almost ran down I bredren and sistren. Then the security came and I bredren had to sit there for over an hour while the cops come and take a 'report', etc.
Last the told InI they had planned on arresting Andrew.
Regardless, he is banned from the festival fe sure.
June 22, 2004 11:04AM
After reading these posts the story is coming more clear... if his band WAS there though - why didn't they fill the slot left open by the Diamonds? As for his behavior - yeah, he has all of his fathers bad temperments and vexations - him need more of the love...
sillysquirt
June 25, 2004 03:45PM
Security got him down quick, but it made for an interesting conversation peice. I thought it was great how spears just completly ignored him. smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login