Posted by Melchizedek Music 
Release of New Zema CD: OVERCOME
March 28, 2006 10:57PM
Melchizedek Music/P.O. Box 66714/Los Angeles, California 90066 USA
310/572-9477
[www.ZemaZema.com]

P R E S S R E L E A S E - For Immediate Release

RELEASE OF NEW ZEMA CD: "OVERCOME" - CONSCIOUS ROOTS REGGAE

Los Angeles, California, March 28, 2006 - Melchizedek Music announces the release of Zema's highly anticipated new CD, OVERCOME (MEL2050). Described as one of today's top female modern roots reggae vocalists, this California roots daughter brings her soaring and engaging voice along with her years of experience as a professional musician backing internationally known reggae artists in this her fifth release. OVERCOME was recorded at Bob Marley’s Tuff Gong Studios in Kingston, Jamaica with some of Jamaica's finest including Sly and Robbie, The Gladiators, Horsemouth (drums), Danny Thompson (bass), Dalton Browne (guitar, background vocals), Sticky (percussion) and Obeah, Ansel Collins and Bowie on keyboards. The album is mixed by Errol Brown, Shane Brown, Sylvan Morris and Dalton Browne.

Zema's music has been described by reggae archivist, Roger Steffens, as "healing music for the 21st century." She again showcases her talents as singer, songwriter, arranger and producer as well as her deep spirituality which are reflected in these 13 cuts of potent conscious roots reggae and dub. There are three combinations on OVERCOME: the Motown classic “Stoned Love” featuring Abijah (www.AbijahMusic.com), “Son and Daughter of Jah” featuring Al Griffiths and the Gladiators (www.GladiatorsBand.com) and “Don’t Give Up” featuring Mark Wonder (www.MarkWonder.com). Mark Wonder is known as a strong presence in the studios collaborating with many other artists. We have been given a limited number of copies of his new CD BREAK THE ICE on the Redbridge Muzik label in the UK to mail out with Zema’s OVERCOME CD to those radio DJs that request it.

OVERCOME is available at fine sources for reggae music including Ernie B's Reggae (www.ebreggae.com, 866/496-5474 toll free), Amazon.com and in the UK/Europe by Blakamix (www.Blakamixshop.co.uk).

There are music videos available to VJs for two of the tracks on OVERCOME, “Stoned Love” featuring Abijah and “Son and Daughter of Jah” featuring Al Griffiths and the Gladiators.

A portion of the proceeds from this album will go to support the Kew Park Youth Club in Kingston, Jamaica.

Please contact Melchizedek Music if you are interested in scheduling interviews, etc. For artist booking, in the U.S. contact Zion Bound Promotions 323/259-3039 or zionboundmedia@comcast.net and in the UK/Europe contact Juliet Edwards of Nurture Projects +44 07931699369 or jle2359@hotmail.com.
* * * * Melchizedek Music * * * *
tel: (001)310/572-9477
mail@ZemaZema.com or melchmu@aol.com
www.ZemaZema.com
P.O. Box 66714 * Los Angeles, CA 90066 USA
"Roots Reggae to Nourish the Spirit"
Re: Release of New Zema CD: OVERCOME
March 29, 2006 07:04AM
I would just like to give everyone a head's up to GET THIS ALBUM!!!! In addition to some nice combinations with The Gladiators, Abijah and Mark Wonder (a great JA artist that deserves to be properly recognized), Overcome features the sweet voice and consciousness of ZEMA!!!!!

She has been given NUFF PROPS for her works down in Jamaica, and I think it's time Californians recognize some of their own "home-grown" talents. My heart would be OVERCOME with joy to see ZEMA grace the stage of SNWMF this year!!!

(excellent) Photo by Sista Irie
ConsciousParty.com
March 29, 2006 11:38PM
cant wait for my copy cant wait for my copy!!!!!!

"It takes a whole village to raise a child" African Proverb
March 30, 2006 06:37AM
Zema will soon be on tour in Holland followed by a tour with the Gladiators in Brazil. I hope California is listening! (I know Daniel is..thanks for the photo credit!) I am honored that she chose one of my Western Consciousness photos for her cover.

"love shines brighter than the morning sun"
March 30, 2006 06:31PM
big up ZEMA>..
fyah sistah

"It takes a whole village to raise a child" African Proverb
Kel-I Bubbler
March 31, 2006 07:49PM
Heard "Black Sheep", nice cut.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login