Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The LeperKhanz!!

Posted by Willy 
The LeperKhanz!!
March 30, 2006 08:46PM
You should have the LeperKhanz play. Their Irish influenced reggae is truly a new thing.

Willy
Re: The LeperKhanz!!
March 30, 2006 09:06PM
--> the live show can incorporate bits and pieces of anything from thousand year old sea shanties to NWA or Rage Against the Machine.

ok

--> "...mix of intense high energy Irish music, heavy psychedelic tones, and feel good pub favorites ......their music sounds like a bunch of crazy ass pirates on steroids."
- The Irish Herald -

tru, tru...

nice tek on Finnigans Wake...

mebbe its cas a I Irish descent, think dem kinda nice, diffrint, but it wouldn't last long in I cd playah

chek fi ya self...
[www.leperkhanz.com]
[cdbaby.com]

Post Edited (03-30-06 13:07)

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
riffy
March 30, 2006 09:17PM
interestin' anything like the band Pogue? crazy upbeat Irish pub music influenced by many styles. Pogue gotta lot ah Ska vibe, imo. any thoughts as to de' contrast?
March 31, 2006 09:43AM
Listening to Cottage in the Grove now - and could easily be slipped into a Pogues set, but this is the first song I've heard from them so I'll reserve judgement. I'm ALL for throwing some Celtic vibes into the mix - Gaelic Storm (also from SoCal) is top notch - what d'ya say Warren and Gretchen? Lets get the "hippies" dancing to some jigs and reels... =D
March 31, 2006 10:24AM
Very nice indeed - the vocals are quite a bit rougher than the Pogues - but it adds to the pub-like "underground" feeling. This will get more rotation in my playlists for sure.

Oh yeah - W. & G., the Wicked Tinkers are also good festival entertainment - and they don't even require a stage most of the time - they just wander around and play for people...might be interesting to see what happens when they stumble upon a drum circle.

Rise up ye sons and daughters of Scotia!
April 14, 2006 08:08PM
They have some reggae tunes they do as well. Not too much on the current album, however "All for me Grog" is a one drop I think..... Their live version of "Dirty Old Town" is a really heavy steppers beat though.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login