Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WHAT ABOUT CHEZIDEK!!!!?

Posted by MOSIAHIGH777 
MOSIAHIGH777
WHAT ABOUT CHEZIDEK!!!!?
April 02, 2006 07:34AM
Conscious rootsman with a mellow heartfilled vibe, no ego joke business...just a humble nyah delivering kingly sounds. Sure would love the masses to check this I live at S.N.W.M.F. 2006 if not for sure 2007!! Hope to see Chezidek touring west coast soon, looks like his schedule may be free this summer!!!!!!
Re: WHAT ABOUT CHEZIDEK!!!!?
April 02, 2006 01:52PM
Leave The Trees Iyah
April 02, 2006 03:31PM
Has he ever performed out inna california? I gotta say that I have not been overly impressed with his albums, but he has many, many killer singles. Book em i say!!!
emeral tri
April 02, 2006 04:53PM
I know a bunch of folks who would love to see him. Always room on the turntable for a Chez. recording.
April 02, 2006 05:01PM
you guys really like his voice?
MOSIAHIGH777
April 02, 2006 05:42PM
<but he has many, many killer singles. Book em i say!!!> True, like many artist, singles is what are played on radio, get the most credit and for a good reason, and if singer's and player's were judged by the full album perhaps alot of artist would never make it...........thanks fe di singles Jamaica!! Continue spittin out de 7'' and riddims for all dem d.j.'s and promoters, Bless and hope to see Chezidek come forward with all of his hits, even some of the tunes that may not be impressive from studio will change your mind after checkin the bredda LIVE, rootspect and forward ever!! Irie
BMC
April 02, 2006 05:56PM
I saw him here in the Netherlands last august and to be honoust, it was very poor, badly sung and uninteresting. The good thing though is that he seems on very good form single-wise lately and is up for the re-run coming thursday when I'm gonna see him on a show with Lutan Fyah and Turbulence here in Amsterdam.
REASONIN A DI STRENGTH
April 02, 2006 05:59PM
BMC, keep us posted on Chezidek!!!!! give thanks
mosiahigh777
April 03, 2006 10:21PM
Just trying to big up the breddrin for I and I, Bless!!!!!!!
April 04, 2006 12:49AM
Chez at Western Consciousness 2005

Bushman at Western Consciousness 2005

Western Conciousness 2006

&quot;love shines brighter than the morning sun&quot;
mosiahigh777
April 06, 2006 04:24PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ''Give Praises''
BMC
April 07, 2006 12:00AM
Ok, here are the comments on the show I mention, that took place this evening:

And yet another BIG reggae night inna Amsterdam today. Just returned from the show of Lutan Fyah, Chezidek and Turbulence and man, I loved it! BOOM! Here's some comments.

Both band and sound were pretty good, not too loud, clear and pretty tight. First up there was an artist who's name I didn't catch. Something like Ceasure, but I'm sure it wasn't that. Anyway, I came in when he just started and he was ok, a decent singer, though the songs he did weren't very interesting. Then it was showtime with the appearance of Lutan Fyah and he was great imo. I really like his style and many of his tunes and loved his performance in the Netherlands last august, so I was expecting a lot from it and he lived up to my expectations. Very energetic, vocally strong set with a very good crowd response from the full, but gladly not packed this time, Melkweg. I can't recall all tunes he did and I also didn't know quite a few of 'm. Tunes like Rich Ghetto Girl, Ghetto Stress, Bits & Pieces, the great Rasta Still Deh Bout and he also did some lyrics of other tunes in the riddim of the tune playing, like a part of his recent Never Stop Hail Rastafari but somewhere in the Ghetto Stress tune if I recall correct. Crowd really liked him I'd say and he had good time as well judging on his smile and dancing around the stage. Great performance from a BIG artist.
Next up was Chezidek. When I saw him in august I didn't like the show too much. That show was weak and his voice almost annoying, so I was curious what this would turn out like, 'cause I've been enjoying a number of his recent singles a lot. His show was much much better than last time. Opening track was kinda weak imo, but I liked it a lot from the 2nd track on. He didn't have much crowd interaction, it was even the band that decided to rewind a tune after enthousiastic crowd response, but not on his sign. Besides that, he sang well, did very nice and strictly roots-tracks (I don't know him too well and he did strictly tunes I don't have, so can't give titles, I did hear some of 'm before though) and hardly stopped between tracks: a continuous stream kinda. I had the feeling he had less time than Lutan Fyah, but I didn't check the times, so I don't know for sure. Overall his set was musically very good and enjoyable, but performance-wise left a bit to desire imho, but ok the first is more important than the latter. His voice was excellent!
Last, it was time for Turbulence, who as most here probably know is my favourite artists of the last few years. So ofcourse I was excited about this and was curious how he would be received. When his first tones became audible for the audience, it was already clear many people were as excited as me and when, after doing Hail The King from backstage, he entered the stage on some bashy riddim flowing some lyrics the venue exploded. Flags waving, arms up, torch burning and a noise that spoke for itself: the crowd had been waiting for this. The show was awesome imo. Energetic, funny at points, nice mixture of roots and bashy parts and interactive all the way. He got the most support from the crowd when doing short pieces of lyrics on bashy parts (which they always refer to as 'one-drop', at least that's what they tell the band to do), but the interaction was excellent all along. Besides a number of his recorded songs, he also as Lutan Fyah, did parts of lyrics from different tunes over the riddim they were playing at that point (what he always does, also on the live recordings I have of him). Also here I can't recall all tracks played, though I knew practically all of them. Tunes played were amongst others Ethiopia Awakes, Life Is Not A Game, Burn Them Up, Universal Struggle, They Must Go Down, Turn Your Lights Down Low (the Marley track), We Got The Love etc. And included pieces of Think Of Peace, Girlfriend, the recent Got No Love, Ital Stew etc in those tunes. Besides this, there was room for some spoken comments and 'freestyle' things, often on said bashy parts (with some subjects possibly not interesting for everyone). He ended his set, which I think was about as long as Lutan Fyah's, with the mighty Notorious, where he in the end was joined on stage by Ziggi, a dutch dancehall artists who also opened for Beenie Man a few months ago. A great set imo and a great evening with three very good shows with in order of my personal enjoyment: Turbulence, Lutan Fyah and least interesting but still very good Chezidek.
April 07, 2006 06:25AM
.............................................................................................very good Chezidek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login