Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BRITISH INVATION:

Posted by juanlove 
BRITISH INVATION:
April 02, 2006 05:41PM
so far this years line up consists of quite a few uk acts(which i have no problem with) why not bring a couple more top notch uk acts as well-
1-vivian jones
2-bitty mclean
if its not to late to drop sugestions in the sugestion box~
i think these two would be great additions to an already great line up.
one love-juan love
Re: BRITISH INVATION:
April 02, 2006 05:47PM
nice choices juanlove.

as the list of entertainers grows, i always start worrying about which band i will not be able to check out due to conflicting schedules. not a bad thing necessarily, but a fact.

April 02, 2006 07:45PM
Bim Sherman? Still around?
TR-808
April 11, 2006 11:06AM

no Bim sir.. he's in session with Tubby's et al right now

nice requests juan

--
April 11, 2006 01:01PM
TR-808 wrote:

> nice requests juan
>
> --
what can i say- i listen and learn from the best over at kzfr 90.1 since way back !!!!!!
one love-juan love
jb welda
April 11, 2006 02:15PM
i would be all for vivian jones and have suggested him time and again and even passed on cds and contact info. still no love. oh well. personally i would prefer the twinkle bros though and they are still a potential

one love
jah bill
April 11, 2006 02:51PM
>the twinkle bros
>they are still a potential
>one love
>jah bill
when you say things like that jb- i usually take it pretty serious.
vivian jones is one of those artits that needs to be exposed out here on the west coast. i think it would def. do him and his music some long over due justice.
same goes for bitty.lets not forget the lovers side of reggae music.
one love-juan love
April 11, 2006 04:34PM
I'd like to see the Twinkle Bros before MIR on Sunday night to finish off a long weekend. Peace.
April 11, 2006 08:48PM
What about getting Adrien Sherwood and have an ON U Sound showcase ....

has everyone forgot about Dub Syndicate? Style Scott? even Akabu would be a great call.....
April 11, 2006 09:02PM
I'm sure that there are a few people around here who might want to weigh in on the subject...

jb welda
April 11, 2006 09:30PM
thats a good idea deecee, why dont you do it at studio z or somewhere? i would go. try for ghetto priest with dub syndicate backing him. cept i dont think style works with sherwood anymore.

one love
jah bill
April 12, 2006 12:17AM
I didn't know that Style didn't work with Sherwood anymore. Last time I saw Dub Syndicate was maybe 6 years ago @ Cafe Tomo in Arcata and Style Scott killed it.

I would love to bring them out here ... I know Sherwood was out here not too long ago @ Dub Mission.

I would love to bring them out, but it would be a struggle to afford it unless they were on tour ... flying at least 4-5 guys out of the UK isn't cheap ...

You ever listen to any Rootsman CDs .. also some wicked music .. I think they are from UK..
jb welda
April 12, 2006 10:45AM
>I would love to bring them out, but it would be a struggle to afford it unless they
>were on tour ... flying at least 4-5 guys out of the UK isn't cheap ...

exactly the problem.

its too bad ams was at dub mission/elbo room; i was there too and it was way too crowded and the sound system doesnt do him justice in that low ceiling place. plus the bar downstairs wont allow too much noise upstairs. thats why expanding out to somewhere like studio z or that other place you hold shows would be nice.

caught him mixing audio active at the small room in maritime hall one time, that was great except audio active isnt really my style.

one love
jah bill
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login