higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
ROB
Re: Slideshow of photos of the new venue
April 04, 2006 03:23PM
Atleast it won't be as dusty as Frog town.........................................ROB
Ummmmm.....
April 04, 2006 03:26PM

Do cows walk through here too?

Just wondering: I need to know how many tarps to lay down so I'm not laying directly in cow-chips...
papa wheelie
April 04, 2006 03:44PM
Hey Daniel,could you at least mow the lawn or rent some goats. After we could curry them.
April 04, 2006 04:05PM
I think the Boontling term for John Deere is Bahsheer.....

These are a very devout crew of mowers, who always take sundays off so as to spend time bonding with their family, so I was unable to catch them in action that day...

April 04, 2006 04:37PM
Not much shade there.
francesca
April 04, 2006 04:39PM
Looking nice. Lots of shade for the village stage...thanks daniel for posting pics.

April 04, 2006 04:44PM
True about the shade SS, but keep in mind that the temperatures in Boonville will not be as unbearable as it waz in 'Devi'ls Camp', especially the first year there....

But as always, bring lots of tarps to make shade with, water to offset the heat, and sunscreen for those of you who are melanin deficient.
jb welda
April 04, 2006 04:47PM
>sunscreen for those of you who are melanin deficient.

does the "melanin deficient" part really make a difference? maybe visibly but i think everyone suffers the same effects whether you see it or not.

one love
jah bill
April 04, 2006 04:58PM
Thanks for the pix Daniel. Looks like a very nice place. I checked the temperature averages for June in Boonville. It reflected the avg high being 80F and the avg low being 61F.

Faith = Strength
April 04, 2006 06:06PM
Daniel, all those people camping on top of those beautiful wildflowers will not kill them will it? I know the flowers won't be in bloom then, but wondered what the overall effect of camping on those grounds will have on the return life of the wildflowers?

"love shines brighter than the morning sun"
April 04, 2006 06:14PM
Well Sis, as I understand it, people have been camping in that area for years now during the Mendo County Fair that takes place in September and it hasn't seemed to have a negative impact on the flowers.

My guess is that those sheep will have removed any trace of the flowers long before the campers arrive...
TR-808
April 04, 2006 06:27PM
those look like a some kind of seasonal clover.. i wouldn't worry about it

there are two factors to consider how flora can handle impacts like those associated with something like SNWMF: resistance and resiliance. sista irie will be glad to know that grasses rank at the top of both lists, being resistant to impacts, and if impacted, typically resilient enough to grow back easily.

secondly, there are two factors to measure when anticipating what impacts might be on flora: concentration and duration. in this case, there will be significant concentration, but for a pretty short duration.

overall i wouldn't anticipate any lasting effects.

you can measure these kinds of things on bigger scales, say like a national park or wilderness area, and determine what a "carrying capacity" might be for a certain area based on the resistance and resilience of it's flora.

--
pale ryder
April 04, 2006 06:33PM
I am getting very stoked on this location. Looks like there will be ample shade for rejuvination. Now it just needs to stop raining, I think all the aquifers have been replentished...
mosiahigh777
April 04, 2006 08:50PM
Daniel, will there be family camping still??!! Looks good!!
HIGHPRAISE
April 04, 2006 09:09PM
Yee Haw !Tha Boonies smiling smiley
April 04, 2006 09:38PM
Yes, there will be family camping as well as alter-able camping. The details as to where those will be are being worked on as i type this, but it will be the same kind of area as in the picture (ie. green and lush)
reggaefan
April 04, 2006 11:02PM
Not sure if it's ok to post google images like this...

In the slideshow, that grandstand is a nice feature.

First picture in this thread - is that Zoki inspiration with good vibes?

April 04, 2006 11:47PM
reggaefan. Please email me that image in as large a version as your ISP can handle.... give thanx
jb welda
April 04, 2006 11:51PM
it appears to be right here daniel:

[img93.imageshack.us]

i think you can just save it from there.

one love
jah bill
jb welda
April 04, 2006 11:52PM
oops but it just occurred to me maybe thats because reggaefan *put* it there!

never mind

one love
jah bill
April 05, 2006 12:01AM
April 05, 2006 12:09AM
Yeah, but i was wanting a larger version so i could do more of this without having to download and install the google earth software.....

miguel
April 05, 2006 12:16AM
looks great. the only thing i liked about the old place was the hill for the main stage...it was nice to be elevated and staggered
April 05, 2006 12:27AM
What's a Hoou-up? LOL looks sweeeeeeet. will it be green like that in June? Which camping area will they fill up first? It would kinda suck to be waaaaaay out there in that top right corner.
April 05, 2006 12:29AM
If it's elevated and staggered you want miguel, that granstand will hold about 1,500 people. While 'the hill' was great to sit and watch the music, i found it difficult to dance on and got more excercise then i needed every year on account of it...
Jahsprey
April 05, 2006 12:29AM
I plan on being fully elevated and staggered by late Sunday afternoon, despite the flat terrain.

Peace.
April 05, 2006 12:48AM
It's an RV dating service...It's kind of hard to tell for sure, but judging from the slightly greenish tinge of green on the top pasture, i would venture to say the google image was taken early July. By august, those fields would be completely dry. If we have a 'normal' rain season, the venue should look just like the (unaltered) photo...
April 05, 2006 12:50AM
looks like houses are around and we will have to be good little boys and girls and shout after curfew
April 05, 2006 12:53AM
"While 'the hill' was great to sit and watch the music, i found it difficult to dance on and got more excercise then i needed every year on account of it..."

I always kind of enjoyed the exercize from the hill at Angels Camp. Made it real easy to get to sleep after a long day of going up and down that hill countless times. I admit, except for Sherriff Dinkins I'm gonna miss a lot of things about the Angel's Camp site, but looking forward to Booneville. Peace

Dr. Suess (aka Ras James)
Irie Sounds International
April 05, 2006 01:02AM
Daniel - how long do you think we have before the camping spaces sell out?
reggaefan
April 05, 2006 01:11AM
SNWMF 2006 welcomes...

April 05, 2006 02:26AM
Give thanks TR 808...we lost so many beautiful locations of wildflowers in Texas. I am glad to know how resilient these are.
April 05, 2006 03:19AM
3 STAGES? OR IS ONE OF THOSE THE DANCE HALL?
jb welda
April 05, 2006 03:58AM
nice job reggaefan!

yes jp one of those (the middle rectangular one) is the dancehall.

one love
jah bill
April 05, 2006 04:23AM
LOL - hilarious reggaefan. If that doesn't get zoki out here nothing will...
reggaefan
April 05, 2006 06:10PM
Yes, well, I'm glad someone enjoyed my new low in photoshop efforts --- I knew my maturity level couldn't stay high too long......
-------------
"If that doesn't get zoki out here nothing will.."

Dubguy - I'm guessing Zoki will buy his plane ticket only after Gordon Tent is confirmed.

April 06, 2006 07:43PM
looks great daniel, the only thing that looked a bit distressing was the seating area at the main stage, do 1200 of us really wanna hang out on benches under tin roof shade.... even tho the temp sounds better, you can't beat the first years of trying to get cooled down under the misting tarps... hey what can I say, we all gotta respect what we loved about Angels Camp and Marysville, it brought us here today... see everyone soon, though I won't be kickin' it in the bleachers...I'll be lounging in the grass with a spray bottle, what would SNWMF be without that, I'd have to revamp my whole camping box.... smiling smiley

April 06, 2006 09:36PM
Well, i figure there is enough room for about 8,000 people on the grassy lawn area. With tickets limited to just 5,000, there will be plenty of room even if NOBODY wants to sit in the bleachers. Why distress over something that apparently will have no impact on you? Unless it gets blistering hot (which is really not likely), I can't imagine sitting in their either, but the way I see it, more options is better than less...
alisha
April 10, 2006 03:43PM
sit in bleachers????who sits at a reggae show???
boonville is very pretty right now-gorgeous little part of mendo
can't wait!
HIGHPRAISE...what a nerd
April 10, 2006 04:39PM
Hey that was good info. Thanks for giving me the quick F.Y.I. I learned some thing today!! Take care!! Forrest
guy
April 10, 2006 06:07PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login