Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

line up

Posted by DJ DISSMISAL 
line up
April 04, 2006 05:43PM
this is a weak line up whats up sierra nevada??
Re: line up
April 04, 2006 06:03PM
that's a weak message.
don't come if you don't like it.
April 04, 2006 06:13PM
Funny, i thought the festival booked each and every artist requested by DJ Dismissal.....
April 04, 2006 11:50PM
This line up is great. With the addition of Mist in Roots its gonna be one great feastival it blows away rotr line up by far
April 05, 2006 05:26AM
The line up at SNWMF appears weak if you look at ROTR line up.
Let's be real about this.
Hey I am a huge SNWMF supporter. But..
April 05, 2006 06:44AM
Hey Nate.....put down the pipe.and step away from the nitrous...you are trippin.....in real life YOU are trippin.......
April 05, 2006 07:10AM
the only artist at reggae on the river that i'm going to miss seeing is salif keita. I like Dezarie and Ikahba too, but I imagine they'll get about ten minutes on stage at noon.

April 05, 2006 10:24AM
what ever you bumboclaat.. leave your dirt weed at home this line up is weak,, what up with the dancehall.. Mad Proffesor.. wow that will be off the hook don carlos is on of the hardest working rasta's in reggae... I wanna see some NINJA MAN, ELEPHANT MAN, VYBZ CARTEL, TOK, ASSASIN< BOUNTY KILLER HARDCORE VIBES FROM JA go to JA see what its all about DON"T GET ME WRONG I ALL THE LINE UP BUT COME ON ,, BIG UP THE DANCE HALL its the future and it is so intelligent,,, if you can keep up,, BIG UP THE GANJA MASSIVE....
April 05, 2006 10:28AM
Thier might be another DJ dismissal then cause I request Dancehall and such like,, BOUNTY KILLER, VYBZ CARTEL, TOK,,, go to JA see what its all about..
April 05, 2006 10:40AM
Better than Anthony B. gwan like ya nice you batty boy
April 05, 2006 11:03AM
Hey dj dismissal you are a crack head in real life.....Anthony B is one of the best to do it in a long time...
April 05, 2006 11:08AM
What are you talking about that what i said somebody said better than rotr and i said better than anthony B hes the man learn how to read hers my number if want to call me and 206 969 9525
April 05, 2006 11:12AM
Sierra nevadas line up is not better than ROTR I would rather see anthony B than all those at SNWMF...
April 05, 2006 11:13AM
OR weed
April 05, 2006 11:51AM
Y'all could always go to the other festival - Kate Wolf - it's happening the same weekend as SNWMF - and has a very strong lineup - if that's of interest.

Saturday - 24 jun 06
Railroad Earth - late night
Steve Earle - headliner
Alison Brown
Tim O'Brien Band
Laurie Lewis
and many more...

See y'all somewhere.
I'm here to help.
April 05, 2006 12:04PM
stay home dj dismissal and all you other crybaby complainers. who cares if rotr lineup is better than snwmf (in your opinion)?? what does that have to do with anything? you can sleep on the rocks. as for me, i am going to sleep on the cowpies.
April 05, 2006 12:15PM
"NINJA MAN, ELEPHANT MAN, VYBZ CARTEL, TOK, ASSASIN< BOUNTY KILLER HARDCORE VIBES FROM JA"
If this is what you like you won't get it at SNWMF. Not knockin your preference but SNWMF will never be that type of Festival.
pale ryder
April 05, 2006 12:19PM
You are dismissed...
Boiio
April 05, 2006 12:58PM
take it from me dude...there is no point complaining...just have patience...its only april...and only 19 artist have been announced...(last year had over 35 artists)....There is a savage roots base right now...it can only get better...look at past lineups...has there ever been a bad lineup?...have faith....has there ever been a Sean Paul/Elephant Man-type lineup?...no...this isnt ROTR....

Are u from Sonoma DJ dismissed?
stupid and picky, that's me
April 05, 2006 01:11PM
tell em boiio!!!
April 05, 2006 01:59PM
"BIG UP THE DANCE HALL its the future and it is so intelligent"

um come again???uno tink ele intelligent?

i love quality dancehall, but please up to the time dancehall is sometimes some of the bottom of the barrell of music..
April 05, 2006 02:41PM
Shaggy thats real forward I know its only april but shaggy last year Ive been going to this since 93 so whats up you have a closed mind or what you don't like capleton and those guys
April 05, 2006 02:55PM
I had to laff @ that one too papa j...
it kinda reminded me of something I heard about the rave scene: "all the ravers taking those smart drugs, but I've never seen any Nobel laureates at any rave."
April 05, 2006 02:56PM
Its all about experience of the individual to bring it back to the massive to share even if it might not be good to one, thats why I go to reggae is for the freedem to be free becuse there is nothing dom (dumb) ABOUT BEING FREE and the massive embraces that, I love all the music on the line up but it is time for dancehall to be promoted... more and more... SNWMF dancehall is always tight... DANCEHALL is TAKING OVER... RASPECT
April 05, 2006 04:19PM
Dude, if dancehall is your thing, go to RotR. I'm sure you'll have no complaints about that line up. That fest focuses more on dancehall. This fest is more about the roots/world music.
Besides, you're dismissing a lot of good roots acts in your blind devotion to Dancehall. IMO, roots is having the rennasance, not dancehall...
April 05, 2006 04:23PM
dj dismal is more like it.

1 Causing gloom or depression; dreary: dismal weather; took a dismal view of the economy.
2 Characterized by ineptitude, dullness, or a lack of merit: a dismal book; a dismal performance on the cello.
3 Obsolete. Dreadful; disastrous.
pale ryder
April 05, 2006 04:30PM
Most new dancehall shatters my nerves, I am sure glad that there is a fest for me out there......Its called Sierra Nevada! Who is dom (dumb)?
April 05, 2006 04:44PM
April 05, 2006 05:34PM
Dancehall, intelligent? I'm not trying to dismiss all dancehall, but the artists Dj Duped lists are obtuse at best.

Peter Broggs said it best:

"natty don't want to have no follyism chat pon de reggae riddim"
Stevo
April 05, 2006 05:38PM
wikid tune deh Don Julio!!!!!!!!
Michael Corleone
April 05, 2006 05:51PM
Dj Dismissal-
None of These punks know whats up. Iv tried 2 explain but they believe what they want 2 believe. I wouldnt want the Real JA artists commin 2 this festival because then theyll think that All CALI is Hippie infested. ROTR is were its at.
Jahsprey
April 05, 2006 05:59PM
Punks? On the SNWMF board? I've got punk records that are probably older than both of you.

Just give thanks that we've got so many excellent choices for reggae festivals here in Norcal.

And are you sure there won't be "hippies" at ROTR. Last time I went, it was in Humbolt County.

Peace.
April 05, 2006 07:06PM
DANCEHALL IS NOT REGGAE...imho IT IS JAMAICA'S HIP HOP... SOME OF IT IS DOPE, SOME IS EHHH, I like the stuff with conscious lyrics/roots feel, ( my hip hop preference as well, i.e. Dead prez, PE, krs, zion I). 2 different fests, two differnt vibes. IMHO...the dh/rotr line up is WEAK with the exception of don, sean, and gyption. So if you excuse me I'm gonna go to the dh/rotr board and talk smack about the fest...peace
Stevo
April 05, 2006 07:16PM
Please stop crying about what you don't overstand Corleone. Most of us were rockin that festival BEFORE you even knew it existed. And we quit attending it BEFORE you even knew it existed. Because the vibes you've found there are the bastard stepchild of what it used to be! When you KNOW, get back to us. Brand new second hand motor mouth, think you know it all, riding for a fall.
April 05, 2006 07:21PM
snwmf has a dancehall for the Dancehall
Stevo
April 05, 2006 07:28PM
Thank to Jah............Jah Shaka will be holding that down!
April 05, 2006 09:21PM
Dancehall is reggae, that much I know. Wish these cokeheads would stop creating new names to bring dancehall reggae's image further into the gutter tho.

April 06, 2006 08:40AM
Take it for what its worth... I love dancehall, more than roots no doubt, but its not often that you get to see these older cats. I've seen Capleton, Sizzla, Elephant Man, Lutan, Beenie, Damian, and so on and so on in the last year, but I've never seen MIR, Earl 16, or Michael Prophet, or Jah Shaka so I'm stoked for both fests just because they are TOTALLY DIFFERENT. If you see me at both fests you will notice that I too will be different, with a different krew, and a different vibe...Take it for what its worth... and ENJOY YOURSELVES!!!
---peaces---
jb welda
April 06, 2006 08:48AM
im with you on that chimino...

one love
jah bill
pale ryder
April 06, 2006 09:00AM
Dancehall is for the masses, just like Wallmart. The Roots is for the chosen few who have taken the time to explore..............
April 06, 2006 09:26AM
Horrible, just horrible people. All of the music from JA was dancehall at one time.

Comparing dancehall to Walmart... horrible.
pale ryder
April 06, 2006 09:27AM
Come on Bun.....I am just joshin........
April 06, 2006 09:33AM
I have an idea, stop the comparisons. Left and right we here about isms and schisms yet here we are. You feel the need to roots is the foundation and dancehall is the soud of the youth. Niether is complete without the other. Nuff competition from those who claim to love the music. Give me Spear and give me Ninja back to back.
pale ryder
April 06, 2006 09:37AM
You know what is horrible, the small town outdoors store going out of business to Wallsmart......and Corleone up all night....
April 06, 2006 09:56AM
No worries PR
April 06, 2006 10:53AM
I'm with ninja on that one, Burning spear on stage followed by the don gorgon Ninjaman in the Dancehall... I wish
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login