Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Using JAHs name in vein

Posted by ossie 
Using JAHs name in vein
April 07, 2006 06:40PM
listening to empress's thread on anthonyb got I to thinking, I tink it is absolutely of the highest offense to use the almighty god JAH RASTAFARIs name for financial gain and worldy possesion. It is absolutley the time for InI to stand for true rightousness, and to fight downpression wherever and whatever form it takes either corrupted american governments or fascist groups in africa, InI have the power to make a change in the world, so all JAHs children trod on and stay rightouss
one love-hail HIM
Re: Using JAHs name in vein
April 07, 2006 06:46PM
That is why most Rasta elders, especially those in the Bighi tribe, feel reggae is devil's music, and true Ras do not sing/chat it.

jb welda
April 07, 2006 06:57PM
by definition then, any entertainers should not sing jah lyrics, period.

side issues:

rolling stones: love in vein

robert johnson: love in vain

one love
jah bill
April 07, 2006 06:59PM
you know waht chmino you are absolutely right "devils music" may be a little harsh there as you and i both know have been plenty of true rast men in reggae and it is a great way to get SOME of JAHs teachings out to the world but I am actually getting to agree with that, we'll see what happens, great response thanks

one love-hail HIM
April 07, 2006 07:01PM
i don't agree with that it's simple practice what you preach, or don't preach
pale ryder
Reminds me on an Itals tune....anyone anyone?
yeah mon
not going to happen ossie~for some they may start out with good intentions but get turned around...others may not start out that way at all...
then there are those that may still seem righteous but do their brethern wrong..esp once they start getting more popular..so they will cut them loose & bring in someone different & charge more for less substance...
*name who I speak of & you win a prize*
April 07, 2006 07:03PM
"Itals early years" can't remember the name of the tune, but good example of good rastas
one love
pale ryder
April 07, 2006 07:04PM
Steely?
April 07, 2006 07:28PM
IVe got no clue winking smiley
Stevo
April 07, 2006 07:47PM
"Show me your intentions right now, I wanna see your action, It speak loud than words"
jb welda
April 07, 2006 07:51PM
>I tink it is absolutely of the highest offense to use the almighty god JAH
>RASTAFARIs name for financial gain and worldy possesion

what i mean is that they are paid entertainers, therefore they are using HIM name for financial gain if they sing jah lyrics.

one love
jah bill
yeah mon
April 07, 2006 07:53PM
*hint*
they come from an island in the caribbean.
jb welda
April 07, 2006 07:55PM
hmmmm does the day begin somewhere around then?

one love
jah bill
yeah mon
April 07, 2006 08:13PM
hmmm...what would make u think that jb? *not saying your wrong!*
April 07, 2006 08:32PM
this is the reason I FORward Sean Paul over Sizzla. One speaks one way and does another. The other might not make music for you, but he isn't a hyopocrite and from all I have heard he is a pretty generous guy who hasn't let success swell his domocile
April 07, 2006 10:40PM
>practice what you preach...

>Reminds me of an Itals tune...

Pale Ryder/Stevo:

ossie was right in that the lyrics were from "The Itals Early Recordings 1971-1979". The tune is "Brutal", and IMHO their second greatest tune ever (after "Run Baldhead Run", of course)!! They recorded "Brutal" for Sir Coxsone around 1976 with Keith Porter singing lead, backed by Ronnie Davis and Roy Smith (predecessor to Lloyd Ricketts). You've probably heard "Brutal" before somewhere, however, they haven't done it at any of their recent concerts. Perhaps they will oblige us if we request it at their next appearance...

Rabz
(the Itals biggest fan)
April 07, 2006 10:43PM
Actually the song is called "Action" and it is on the Brutal Out Deh album
April 07, 2006 10:49PM
Reminds me of a song by Israel Vibration..Anyone?
AKA
April 08, 2006 01:11AM
Practice What Jah Teach, perhaps? Can I get a little hint forwardzion?
April 08, 2006 01:12AM
You got it.
April 08, 2006 02:26AM
'live what you talk
talk what you live-
practice what you preach and so it is....'-pressure
true nuff.
'its not about what you say...
its bout what you do-
firs and foremost actions speak louder than words people true true.
V DOSIA
April 08, 2006 05:15AM
GOD DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
riffy
April 08, 2006 05:22AM
Holy Emanuel The 7th
Stevo
April 08, 2006 07:46AM
Forward, that's not the tune they're all referring to.

Hey Rabz. Nice to see you on here a bit. Hopefully we'll see you in June. Maybe we can get some *Itals up in Booneville???!!!!!!!!

-Stevo
April 09, 2006 10:36AM
First of all the word is VAIN not Vein..second what makes me sick is people supposedly standing up for Jah and at the same time placing judgement on another person..why dont you worry less what the ghetto youth are doing to make a way for themselves and worry more about what your politicians are doing to the youths. It disturbs me to hear some of you who are most likely middle to upper class people whine about a musician making a little money for themselves. Probably the same people who are always telling musicians they should "play for free". Besides who made you Jahs official spokesman of the Earth. Follow your own advice and check yourself.

April 09, 2006 02:18PM
I always wonder about those that use the name Jah as part of their name like Jah Mason, Jah Cure, etc. Jah, in Jamaica, is the name of the Creator. Would we say God Cure, God Mason, etc.? It doesn't really bother me but seems a bit odd.

I always notice that Luciano refers to himself as JAH Messenger which seems more appropriate. Mikey General is RAS Mikey General.

Post Edited (04-09-06 08:47)

"love shines brighter than the morning sun"
April 09, 2006 03:16PM
Agreed Rootsy. HIM Haile Selassie I never said to be poor, but to create an equal attainment of both material and spiritual. SO JAH SAY.

------------------------------------------------------

a
April 09, 2006 04:17PM
If your living is through music and you are a rasta you'll probably be singing about Jah Ras Tafari. i got asked once by the marley foundation for some selassie pix to put on shirts. commercializing Jah is kinday murky. i own lotsa selassie shirts but not sure i wanted my hand in that so i said no. a

mosiahigh777
April 09, 2006 04:52PM
ROOTSY, nah sound 2 rootsy!
April 09, 2006 06:46PM
Fundamental Religion is the Root of all mankinds sufferation

RASPECT
April 09, 2006 06:51PM
I not trying to be judge-(mental) but this observation must be made,, who are any of us to judge another or set rules,, if you know for a fact everything that is being said and not said,, you will all pay for this show and support while chanting JAH eating your granola and filling up your bus so what is that makes all of us so rightious...
Just not seeing HIGHERMAN here...
April 10, 2006 12:50AM
You know whats amusing..the very guy crying about not using Jah name in vain..calls himself Mosiahigh777....is he the prophet of the message board?
kencannon@hotmail.com
April 10, 2006 03:07AM
Actually Rootsy, Ossie is in charge of this thread!! Also u a badman example of a positive messenga, skirt!!
kencannon@hotmail.com
April 10, 2006 03:12AM
>first of all it's vain not vein<.........the very guy crying.........is he the prophet of the message board? Fine example of SANTA BABYLON!!!!!
April 10, 2006 04:14AM
Why do you try and use my email for your messages? And wtf are you talking about? Please put down the crack pipe.
April 10, 2006 04:24AM
I am really trying to overstand what you are saying..Bad man example of a positive messenga?what is a messenga? Skirt? are you wearing a skirt or something?
longdress B
April 10, 2006 04:52AM
my bad, obviously this ain't K.G. or D.H. so these messages are worthless!!
April 10, 2006 05:05AM
man is what you all is.
or wombman.
and nothin more no less.
seems to me dont take much reasonment bout creation for evertying
turns into degenerate spoutin.
sounds like bounch o babies. probably no hair on te face.
looks like me mothers child.
says the bible 'Jah created man in his own likeness'
so the i says a bit of the Creator in all a creation
it gos to show that the amount of the other side in some as well.
and ya know 'in the beginning was the word, and the word was JAH...
tis a powerful word an should be looked afer as such
for not a word should be used in vain or slackness
much less when raspectful peoples try to reasonment
bout current flow of musicianships and
seperatin chaff from grain,
judgment one thing no doubt only one fit to judge,
but discernment nother altogther
and one must use discretion in order
to make right choice,
specially in the present
cause much disception
even right here.
blessed love ites.
-cb
April 10, 2006 06:36AM
Man why don't you just say who you are..You obviously know Dylan and are jealous of him..why do you spend the time hating on those who are doing more than you..just say your name if your not scared. When I see Dylan I will let him know how your 2 faced persona has been carrying on. So let yourself be known duppy so that the light can shine on your drty self.
My name is Joey and I live in Santa Barbara and I happen to have known Dylan for awhile...so if you have respect for yourself reveal yourself..
mosiahigh777
April 10, 2006 06:47AM
no one hatin except this unhappy ''Joey/ Rootsy.'' DylanJudah obviously isn't the issue here. You came on this thread outta nowhere with a chip on ya shoulder "middle class this, ghetto youth's that, free show's this, prophet of the message board that'' and now I'm a dutty duppy.............strength fi you Joey.
mosiahigh777
April 10, 2006 06:53AM
Rootsy said>"Follow your own advice and check yourself." Thanks, had to go back and find some positiveness in your intro to the board.
April 10, 2006 06:56AM
You still didn't say your name Mosiahigh, Shashamane777, .sb.sd.cox.net.
So I see you live in Santa Barbara..explains your jealousy for Dylan. Never did accomplish much did you? Look man I prob know you so why don't you just come out and say your name if your not scared. Let your true feelings be known to your community, or are you afraid your hero Dylan Judah will get wind of it? I'm waiting for a name. Otherwise your just like the other haters in the world spreading ypur bad vibes in secret but afraid to stand up and speak your mind.
By the way my name is Joey and I have performed with the Cannons before..So who are you Duppy?
April 10, 2006 07:01AM
You're scared
mosiahigh777
April 10, 2006 07:15AM
I'm Duppy, Dylan Judah is #1, and you are very scary so just leave me alone and keep this a secret, Rootsy the true and living messiah of this forum. Goodland Posse! By the way, put down your crackpipe and pick up your peacepipe, it may allow you to write something a little happier and get rid of your hard on about your hero, geeez!
April 10, 2006 07:20AM
Its ok RON I or should I say Ronnie.I'm figuring out you and the root of all your jealousy.I'll be sure to pass the message on to Dylan. Man the hatrid and envy must burn your heart.
April 10, 2006 07:24AM
just come out and show yourself
mosiahigh777
April 10, 2006 07:35AM
Jealousy and envy of what? Strongheart here and my name is Charlie, Joey! What is hatrid, messanga boy? The beast is the only one who can burn the heart anyways.......so let not your envy you think of come near!
mosiahigh777
April 10, 2006 07:36AM
Go spread your rumours of war all over the community and make yourself feel Rootsy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
April 10, 2006 07:42AM
Your name aint Charlie..why you hiding man. Come out of the dark and into the light. Your hating and backbitting shall come to the light. What is hidden in the darkness shall be revealed in the great light. Charlie sure man whatever. I am calling DJ right now Ron I and I am gonna ask him who he knows named Ronnie who wears a skirt and listens to reggae..You forgot your little town is very small. I'm sure you'll agree when you live in a glass house don't throw stones.....SMASH
mosiahigh777
April 10, 2006 07:56AM
Go messengirl, crycry for your own war you started, you're your own enemy trying to create enemies and for what........ a pat on the back. Joey is not your name but it might as well be since that's what you hide under and also nice to see your true feelings about people as well............finally revealed in the great light, Joey! I'm glad I have never met a Joey and if I did I would know that she was a backstabbin rat!!! So go make your calls and get yourself all fired up, get your game plan in order and just continue to keep it real Rootsy, Joey. You sound like an internally blissfull person waiting to share and spread your light for the benefits of all humankind, hope to hear more feedback soon, Joey!
mosiahigh777
April 10, 2006 07:57AM
guess your house is made of steel?
April 10, 2006 08:05AM
How did I start the war...I just put a post up about an artist that I and many others enjoy and you came and posted up 4 messages of nonsense...You still haven't said your name..Just admit who you are. Your real name should be invisible hypocrite...just stick to myspace and your cyber world. So Charlie or should I say RON I you will soon get paid for your work. You better realize that your little Santa Barbara mentality dont fly in the real world. It wont be hard to figure out who you are I'm sure...
mosiahigh777
April 10, 2006 08:12AM
Nothing but negative seem to flow from your unhappy soul, why? What is it you are trying to accomplish? Did you make your phone calls, do you feel better? What is your root of bitterness?
mosiahigh777
April 10, 2006 08:14AM
Hypocrite, cyberworld? how are you communicating...........oh yeah.
April 10, 2006 08:59AM
Whatever man you made your bed ..lie down
April 10, 2006 09:06AM
Mi dead wid laugh!
April 10, 2006 10:26PM
Come on now...Nuff Fussin' and Fighting
Think, W.W.S.D.?
TheBlackDutch_Drummie
April 11, 2006 03:40AM
ROTFLMA$$OFF...Why can't you two just get abong?winking smiley
mosiahigh777
April 11, 2006 04:46AM
Yes I, just took mi sacred medicine and feel better already........almost forgot about what a blessing it is to just be alive and be healthy. I know there is already way to much commotion on our little planet to be vexxin up here on SNWMF forum. Apologies to the massive and to Rootsy for the back and forth nonsense, two bredda's who know the right and saying the wrong..........not to good in the Igher I's sight! Good vibes I send to you Rootsy and good vibes I send to you all.
Joey
April 11, 2006 09:23AM
I think your gonna need more than the herb to help you. Some spiritual guiduance is in order. What has already gone bad can't just suddenly turn good. It takes more than you tounge in cheek "good vibes" to change what you have already put out into the universe.
April 11, 2006 02:25PM
Herb is not sacred medicine unles treated as such. Getting a dime from your man and sitting at home typing on your computer is not a sacred sequence of events. Niether is taking some rips and checking out a Reggae concert.
April 11, 2006 02:36PM
has anyone ever thought that these performers are tool of JAH and JAH will use them in any way HIM see fit? why is everyone always trying to prove who is righteous and who isnt? isnt that for JAH to decide? besides we live in babywrong and are not allowed to live in the bush where wi would not be tempted by the shitstym, instead fuckery is thrown in our faces everyday. why does anyone want to put a man or a woman on a pedastal anyway?
April 11, 2006 02:48PM
standing you are allowed to live where you wish. The trade off is that you may not be able to live the lifestyle that you wish. I think that the reason people (or at least I) am critical of a lot of these artists, namely Sizzla, Capleton and Turbulence is because they hae been uber critical of others behavior. They have called others G-dless heathens and claimed to be righteous or in their own words "clean". If you make such claims then you should expect to be judged in the same manner. As stated in Matthew 7:1. Judge not lest thou be judged, for with the same measure you judge you will be judged. I have never been critical of artist like Sean Paul and Shaggy because they do not appear to be hypocrites. I may not like their music as much as I like anothers, but I can see that they are consistent in words and works. Can the same thing be said of many of the current Culture artists? I Look to a man like Winston Rodney to see the consistency in both words and works and know that it is his Consistent livity which has kept him moving forward in this life healthy and successful. He is the model of what a Rasta who is also a musician should be.
April 11, 2006 04:08PM
Ninj, your knowledge of Burning Spear seems somewhat second-hand...he might not be as bad as many of his peers, but he's far from perfect...

April 11, 2006 04:40PM
Looking for perfection in any man is problematic, at best. I call it more like an exercise in futility.

Peace,
-RV
April 11, 2006 04:45PM
"Ninj, your knowledge of Burning Spear seems somewhat second-hand...he might not be as bad as many of his peers, but he's far from perfect..."

Again, Stamina speaks the truth. Peace

Dr. Suess (aka Ras James)
Irie Sounds International
April 11, 2006 05:02PM
No one said that he was perfect. No one is perfect I would think that does not mean that there are no role models. Part of being a role model is not being perfect otherwise how is one to model their life after you? A good example of this is when you hear people say, "what would Jesus do?" My response is what difference does it make if he is G-d then he is perfect and not subject to the same kinds of stress that I am as a man. How can I model my imperfect life on one that is perfect?
Ites
April 11, 2006 06:56PM
I just wanna know something...why when someone has something to say, does the topic get carried waaay outta porportion, then becomes a bickering fest?! The back and forth on this thread as well as many others on the board gets so outta hand...why cant we all just reply, on subject, not have some judgemnts, and slew one another with negative things to say and such...just wondering...

~the ital is vital~
yeah mon
April 11, 2006 08:10PM
cause folks are human & like to defend their views...& then state their counter view..
April 11, 2006 09:01PM
maybe there is something I should know, I overstand if no one wants to start any rumors.
April 11, 2006 09:03PM
So I heard a tune the other day that said Jah gave us his only begotten son...

Is that using his name in vein?
April 11, 2006 09:10PM
I have a feeling that there is a reason why the first writing of His name had no vowels in it.
April 11, 2006 09:50PM
Ninj as a sometime backing musician, I've heard complaints from former backing musicians of less-than-upright financial dealings by many well known reggae performers, and if the wronged musician complains, he/she is out of a job. Again, the recountings are mere hearsay, but when one hears of similar events from several different musicians, the evidence builds.
I love the Spear, his persona and his music like cook food, but I'd be lying if I told you he wasn't one of the artists I've heard about.
April 11, 2006 10:01PM
overstood.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login