Posted by a 
a
Viceroys Inna De Yard
April 07, 2006 02:44PM
any write ups in english out there? a
jb welda
Re: Viceroys Inna De Yard
April 07, 2006 04:34PM
im not sure its appeared in the usa (eg ernies) yet unless it just arrived today.

the version of "mission is possible" that appeared in the natty dread magazine compilation cd of last issue was taken from it despite everyone saying otherwise. based on that track it should be pretty good. there was what sounded like a little drum machine and keyboard in there but not too much...maybe too much to be "acoustic" as most of the other releases tended to be.

one love
jah bill
AKA
April 07, 2006 06:53PM
Does anyone know the name of the rhythm on the Viceroys song, "Rising The Strength of Jah" from the We Must Unite record. It's the same rhythm as Eeks "Christmas A Come" and may actually be called just that. Anybody?

JB - The Viceroys = acoustic? Do you mean no drum machine (Ya Ho style) or do you actually mean all acoustic sets?
jb welda
April 07, 2006 10:34PM
i mean that the other "inna de yard" sets have been largely acoustic but the one track ive heard from the viceroys seems to have more instrumentation than the previous ones.

im not sure that riddim for rising in the strength of jah has an actual name; as far as i know it was originated on that viceroys cut but im not a riddim expert. i do know thats a killer song on a killer riddim though.

one love
jah bill
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login