Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

REGGAE TONITE! JR. TOOTS, TONY MOSES, SOULMEDIC, JAH LIGHT

Posted by Rabz 
REGGAE TONITE! JR. TOOTS, TONY MOSES, SOULMEDIC, JAH LIGHT
April 07, 2006 11:19PM
WHERE: Grass Valley, CA (Grass Valley Veterans Hall, 255 South Auburn Street)

TIME: Show begins 8pm. Doors open 4:30 pm -- food, craft, clothing, and healing art vendors present. DJ Poppa Red Eye from Nevada City

All ages welcome (my understanding is children are admitted free, not sure what age). No alcohol. Adults $18 at the door.

DIRECTIONS: I-80 East toward Reno. Take the Grass Valley Hwy 49 exit in Auburn, turn Left onto GVH and follow it for approx. 19 miles. Take the Hwy 174 exit in Grass Valley, turn immediately Right onto South Auburn Street. The Veterans Hall is about a block away on the left. Additional parking is in back.

MORE INFO: Call Stefari at (530) 292-4315.

I've been really anxious to see Jr. Toots perform so this will be a treat (I first saw his poppa in concert 22 years ago in Berkeley).

Rabz
Re: REGGAE TONITE! JR. TOOTS, TONY MOSES, SOULMEDIC, JAH LIGHT
April 07, 2006 11:52PM
children to 12 are free
April 08, 2006 03:57AM
Can't make it tonight, but should be a nice show. Seen Soulmedic do a nice set up in Healdsburg last year, and Jr. Toots did a couple of tunes at a show in Berkeley back in October. Tony Moses has some quality music, haven't heard of Jah Light though. Peace

Dr. Suess (aka Ras James)
Irie Sounds International
April 08, 2006 06:03PM
real good show last night w/ Tony Headlining,
First jah light -new band from Nevada City with Deborah singing lead as their best vocalest getting tighter each time I see them,
Then
Soul Medic -w/ a new Bassest named Mike- phatt licks were laid down real nice set to support his new CD
then the Crown of Fire band real tight- then Jr. Toots who sounded real good and went through so many different tunes and moved the audenece had every one dancing
then Tony Moses he was all over the stage dancing and singing like in the 80's nice Roots show and the band laid down some wicked riffs with tony's vocals sounding stronger then the last time I sa him a few years ago - older getting better
nice show ya missed - nice that some of the Sactown possie were in the house.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login