Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"Midnite" Sat. In Sacto.

Posted by Bojok1 
"Midnite" Sat. In Sacto.
February 21, 2004 01:26AM
Midnite is here in town playing at the radisson w/ Lyrics born. Should be an excellent concert. Never heard Lyrics born before but have heard positive things about him. So everyone come one come all. Get out your your dancin shoes, warm up these cold winter nights. Set the tone for the year and let some modern roots vibe ya!
Wolf
Re: "Midnite" Sat. In Sacto.
February 21, 2004 06:48AM
30$..what kinda trickery is dat!
...banking in the pig i say
February 22, 2004 02:05AM
$30 is the price for a 2-Day ticket. Tonight's ticket is $20.00
Wolf
February 22, 2004 02:26AM
ahhh..see ya there then.
February 22, 2004 05:15PM
Threw it down, Threw it down. A 2 hour 10 min. set. 20+ songs. Taken requests. Had to be there. It was a nice expierience. Way to get the year started. ONE LOVE....................ROB
Wolf
February 23, 2004 03:33AM
yes. Roots musc is alive. ...Vaughn looked like snoop dogg up there.
jjlab3
February 23, 2004 05:16PM
Was my first chance to see Midnite and I was blown away. I had some doubts based some Midnite reviews on the other thread. My doubts were put to rest. They played 2+ hours of solid roots, seldom breaking between songs. Definitley got my moneys worth and Iam now a Midnite fan.

I don't care if it is small stage or big stage at SNWMF. Just bring them!

P.S. Lyrics Born put on a great conscious hip hop set.
Zana
February 23, 2004 05:24PM
I love Midnite but I didn't go Sat. night. It seems now that I should have. I've seen Damian Marley and Buju Banton at that location and the sound system was so horrible that I swore I'd never go back, no matter who played.
I guess I just really hate that location and the sound system. Was it any better for Midnite? Now I really hope SNWMF brings Midnite back so I can see them. I missed their show last year due to them playing on a Sunday.
If they are booked again I WILL NOT miss their show.

~Ras for a Reason!

Zana
King Kali Wolf
February 23, 2004 05:28PM
I Think The $$ Issue of our Nation is out of controll. Personaly Money is the root of all Evil and is a Distraction to our positive ways of life. Conjure the money for thoses fools whom collect and Dance the worries away!
Peace and Love
jjlab3
February 23, 2004 05:31PM
The sound was not great but better than it has been there. For Lyrics Born set the volume was way too low. For Midnite it was good except for that terrible echo off the back wall. If they sounded as good as they did with that sound, they will be awesome outdoors at SNWMF.

I missed theirset at SNWMF last year becuase it was my shift to work. I missed them at Long beach last week because they played real early in the day. I am glad I finally saw them and will not miss them again.

Can anybody recommend one of their CD's?
February 23, 2004 05:57PM
seek knowledge before vengeance, ras mek peace, and there is a cd where there is no over production, just one take material the sound quality is alright, but the playing on it is amazing. I think it is called jubilees of zion
check it

Michael
bun n cheese
February 23, 2004 06:02PM
"unpolished" is their best work, IMO.
Zana
February 23, 2004 06:06PM
I really love seek knowledge before vengeance but my all time fav. is Unpolished. I say start with Unpolished first. I got mine off of half.com or
[www.ebreggae.com]
jjlab3
February 23, 2004 06:58PM
Thanks!!! I think I will start with Unpolished.
Buying now...
ODB
February 23, 2004 08:56PM
Midnite passed through Fresno last week. They put on a great set, I spoke with the band afterwards and old them they were welcome back to Fresno any time. The wailers put on a suprisingly good set. Awesome horns. Also got to meet Jack Herer after the show, hes still hanging in there but unfortunately the effects from his stroke are present. However physically handicapped he is,he is still a great mind.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login