Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DYLAN JUDAH @ SNWMF

Posted by Rootsy 
DYLAN JUDAH @ SNWMF
April 09, 2006 03:45AM
Would be nice to see Dylan Judah perform at SNWMF. Down hear in LA I see him lot. Saw him do a song at HOB last month and I always see him at this club in Echo Park. Him and this other singer who I cant remember his name Sugar somethin are doing a project together. When I was down in Jamaica in Feb., I saw thier video on TV several times. Lets get him to SNWMF!!
mosiahigh777
Re: DYLAN JUDAH @ SNWMF
April 09, 2006 09:43AM
no, no, no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mosiahigh777
April 09, 2006 09:46AM
watch his video on blackjudah/my space...........send em to ROTR!!! sex mi up, not at SNWMF!!
April 09, 2006 09:59AM
ROTR fits our vibe better anyhow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kencannon@hotmail.com
April 09, 2006 10:02AM
HYDE and seek.........................................................mountain paradise!!!
a
April 09, 2006 10:51AM
April 09, 2006 12:18PM
hmm - ok the video there is displaying a sound much more at home at ROTR - however, that is mostly a Sugar Blak tune (and even so the message is a good one and a good song if you ask me).

The 4 songs at the top (with him alone) sound very good and would fit in nicely at SNWMF. Try looking at the whole picture here...
April 09, 2006 05:25PM
Has a tune (as Black Judah) called "Praises To The King" that's tremendous. And a good guy too. I'd be happy to see him on the Village Stage, no problem.

Respect-

Bahilman
April 09, 2006 09:06PM
BIG UP !! yes we need to have Dylan Judah at SNWMF!!! I got a chance to check out out a prerelease of his new dub album with Hopton Brown "Dyalan Judah Meets the Scientist in Mountain Paridise" a wicked album, true ROOTS SOUND. His project with Sugar Black Is called "BLACK JUDAH" and is an interesting mix of Sugars modern style and Dylan's.-Mosthigh777, Dylan has a rootsy vibe why dont listin to some of his other tracks instead of playing HYDE and seek posting under multiple names form the same server. His music videos are love songs because thats what hits big in Jamacia. He was voted number 2 roots aartist by a eurpean mag last summer. Bring Dylan Judah to SNWMF and let him light up the stage!

-Raspect-
April 09, 2006 09:29PM
I just wanted to say that Dylan Judah has a large following down here in So Cal. His songs are great and he is really an unpretentious guy. His lyrics have a lot of meaning and he delivers them with love and overstanding. As far as the sex comment made by the hater at the top of the thread I have never got that energy from Dylan. In fact when some of my girls and I rushed back stage to meet him after one of his shows he was surprisingly shy and humble. I think a refreshing artist like Dylan would draw alot of conscious Sisters and Brothers up to SNWMF
Thanks,
Tamika
miguel
April 09, 2006 09:44PM
maybe a large following in la, but not san diego...ive never seen him do anything down here.
April 09, 2006 11:22PM
And if you haven't seen it then it must have never happened ..after all you are San Diego
mosiahigh777
April 09, 2006 11:37PM
lots of roots shows in San Diego.........I guess Rootsy tryin 2 say something Miguel.
The man
April 10, 2006 07:45AM
I was wondering if Dylan Judah was related to Guthrie Isaachar of Baez Asher!

Observer
alisha
April 10, 2006 08:37AM
only seen him once live and was markedly impressed....mixed bag for sure though
probably a hit or miss at this show
I-ogenes
April 10, 2006 09:14AM
All that 12 tribes wackness is just some mixup Christianity in disguise with a little pagan astrology to mix people up and fool them into thinking it has something to do with the I-ble and Rastafari.
April 10, 2006 10:15AM
HELLO, were any of you at snwmf last year, I keep hearing thats reggae on the river vibe, won't get that here ,, sex, sex, sex,, SHAGGY??? what the #*&@$ thats wack,, I would rather see so many other artist than he, so would everbody else from what I heard,,, So keep on saying Sierra won't be like Reggae, becuase it won't reggae on the river is the biggest thing in the world,,, I can't see that then I'm sorry you won't be there,, because diversity makes beautiful UNITY,,,,,
April 10, 2006 10:17AM
I agree with I-ogenes on the 12 tribes analogy,, don't seem to foward, huh?
April 10, 2006 11:26AM
What does 12 tribes or Shaggy have to do with Dylan Judah...I don't even think Dylan is a member of the 12 tribes as in Gads 12 tribes but if he was is that for you to judge? I guess you are saying People like Israel Vibration and Bob Marley, D Brown were pagans...? Love the judgement energy there...By the way it really doesn't matter what spiritual ideology someone follows..its where he goes and what he does with it.
a
April 10, 2006 11:43AM
i'm a member of TTOI and i dont worship stonehenge or gold calves. a simeon
April 10, 2006 07:04PM
It is funny to see all the people that love Dylan world wide and then in Santa Barbara his own hometown there is so much jealousy of him. Dylan stand strong you have many fans and supporters who have been inspired by you. You probably will never have time to read this because your busy living life and making things happen..but me and the girls love you and stand behind you 110%..you would be a welcome addition to any show!!!
mosiahigh777
April 10, 2006 09:39PM
Yeah, to the readers of the post it would appear as a jealous hater but the whole point for me was to call 'Rootsy' on his bluff for pretending he was some fan who lived in L.A. who pretend not to know Sugar Black's name........plain and simple. Take note, Hyde and seek.............mountain paradise!! This was intended for the author of this thread who's e-mail is not confidential as not to pretend to be some random fan, but to just simply come out as a proud breddrin and promote who he is for what he is and to just promote Dylan without hiding. Previous to that just check the top to see what I say, all part of saying "I know who you are, these comments should make you come forward", bad idea! Not only did I get to see some true colors out of the Ital people inna me area but it also got some a dem DJ fans stirred up or maybe someone made some calls to start postin comments, I don't kow. But what I do know is that X% of the people who posted on this thread do not ever post, kind of a coincidence! The ones who do post are quite obvious..............anyhow, support the artist and keep listening to the 'positive' message in the music and anything else, well do what ya want! Bless Up and sorry for swooping to the lower levels and putting 'sore to the eye' comments up here. This is not what I practice nor is this who and what I trully stand for. Someone posted on a thread around here saying something like "this is sort of a place where the demons escape bacause when we are all together in person we all seem to be happy.......word, sound, and power yes it is true because here in text, yes, we can cause pain with the sound of our word's. Another example of what not to do when you know better, a lesson learned and not to be repeated! No matter how conscious you think you are I know there is always room for growth inna positive way so on that note I keep my mouth shut on this forum and just view as a third party as not to get wrapped up in the emotion of stupidity. Guidance and Protection for all of us in these times of temptation, Stand Firm and stay by what you know and feel is right. Once again, sorry to the fans who got upset and reader's who had to deal wid de BS drama on other thread as well. Support Dylan on his musical jouney and good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
April 10, 2006 11:15PM
Yes actually I did make a phone call to Dylan and he told me that a friend had called him and told him there was a jealous hater who would not say his name, posting bad **** about him on this board..It was someone who knew him personally and he didn't like that fact. We had discussed things like this going on in Santa Barbara before and it pissed me off! I decided to post something in support of him. Actually whoever you are(cause we dont know your name) My name is Vera and I live in Isla Vista and I'm from Guam..We support our artists and give them Love..srry keep your precious board I will never post on it again.
Vera C
April 10, 2006 11:40PM
Mosthigh good to see you are starting to see the light and reversing your negitive vibe. As for not posting on this board before, Im shure youve read every post in the boards existintance. Maybe Some us choose "keep our mouths shut and view as a thrd party as to not get wrapped up in the emotion of stupidity" I can see that you are truley a man of your word by your posts on other threads. Ive attened SNWMF for many years lets keep the vibe positive and diverse keep your hating and game playing to yourself.
Joey
April 11, 2006 02:20AM
Whatever man I love how you make you peace by taking a final shot. By the way I never said I lived in LA or pretended to be a fan..I was just bigging up my brother and giving props where deserved, you should try it. Stop fantasizing about people and places you never linked or been too IE(Jamaica, and all the artists you drool over) and start spreading the love in your own community. Maybe then you will recieve the "Positive Vibes" that you keep trying to talk about.
As far as my "invasion" or entrance on to this board don't worry bout it. I won't be back. I have a life and I make my own music.
Peace to all
BBIIG UPP DYLAN JUDAH!
April 15, 2006 02:20PM
Big up to Dylan Judah Music!

Keep playing and singing
POO
April 15, 2006 09:45PM
Ras Easy Joe
April 16, 2006 02:41AM
Dylan Judah like many ah artis dem jus need fe overs dis ya struggle na fe end so. Peter Tosh say some people come fe critercise some come fe love. Nuff man ah judge by lyric, nuff man ah judge by vibe. Yo love songs ah atrak woman, yo conscious vibes ah atrak de conscious man. Now mi never hear non yo track dem but mi ah listen wha a gwarn ya and mi say it all rest ina yo heart. Love Jah and prosper Iya!

"Easy"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login