Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SNWMF 2006 welcomes - NASIO

Posted by Daniel 
SNWMF 2006 welcomes - NASIO
April 10, 2006 03:31PM
Nasio Fontaine will be making his very first appearance at SNWMF this year, which is great timing considering that his new CD is scheduled for release later this spring.... Big up the roots vibes from Dominica!!!!!!
Re: SNWMF 2006 welcomes - NASIO
April 10, 2006 03:58PM
nice, f'real!

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
BG
April 10, 2006 04:27PM
!!!wahhhhh!!!
Nasio Fontaine....comin armed, & dangerous. BIG NEWS! give thx for this one yah
brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrap!
April 10, 2006 06:07PM
nasio !
a good addition!!!!!!!!

roots!!!!!!!!!
papa ray
April 10, 2006 06:08PM
Solid addition, talented cat, and it may even placate the VI crowd jonesing
(somewhat) for non-Jamaican roots sounds....
April 10, 2006 07:58PM
>nasio always have good vibe...
>not sure who his band is though because seen him play with differnt people a couple times really making the sound differnt both times...
>hope NY has been treating him well since the BIG move*

-RASpects+
April 10, 2006 08:36PM
watched his set at rotr a couple of years ago=strictly vibes!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nice choice snwmf.
one love-juan love
Ras Easy Joe
April 10, 2006 08:54PM
Consciousness to de Max! Dis bro as addition is ah home run fe real!

"Easy"
April 10, 2006 08:58PM
papa ray, you wrote
(snipped)
... jonesing

...papa may i ask what does 'jonesing' mean?
thasx,
one peace roots-ee
[thearkband.com]
April 10, 2006 09:17PM
>'jonesing' is a most mid-west lingo term for needing a fix or wanting sumting really baAAaad.
>webster's part 2' the untold version' : )
HE He.....

-RASpects+
April 10, 2006 09:28PM
kinda like "im jonesing for a ruba-dub set inna dancehall this year!''seen
one love-juan love
trinpro
April 10, 2006 09:45PM
Nice Selection with Nasio. This lineup is approachng EPIC proportions!!

>it may even placate the VI crowd jonesing

Its not that the West Coast crowd is crying out for a non-jamaican roots sound at the fest. They are crying out specifically for the VI artists who have made a deep connection with the massive over the past few years.

It has little to do with the artist's place of origin, and everything to do with the fact that these artists have been out here paying their dues on the road, and taking the time to connect with the massive on a very personal level.

Thats why the Inner Visions set isn't filling the void. They are 100% deserving of their place on the lineup, but are not representative of the younger generation of artists from the VI who are blazing a new path and bringing the serious message in these times.

Respect, -MK

marcusyahu
April 10, 2006 09:55PM
this lineup is ruff n tuff. big ups snwmf this fest will be an explosion of reggae music. gotta be there!
baykay
April 10, 2006 10:21PM
guess I can't wait any longer to get that ticket

large selection outa DA
April 10, 2006 11:00PM
Yes!!! This plus tix in the mail today. I MUST give thanks indeed for these gifts.

What trinpro said too- the artists out there on the road cultivating a serious following deserve their rewards for their hard work and efforts to connect with the massive on a personal level. But I agree also 110% that Inner Visions is worthy of a spot, and I'm very anxious to finally connect with them in person.
And Michael Prophet, and Earl Sixtenn, and MISTY! And all the rest of this great line-up.

Respect-

DJ Bahilman
SKY.fm Roots Reggae
www.sky.fm/rootsreggae/
April 10, 2006 11:20PM
Another great addition!

Sista Irie's Eye and Eye Photography
Nasio Fontaine, California 2004
copyright 2004

"love shines brighter than the morning sun"
ROB
April 11, 2006 12:04AM
Roots-ee Jonesing means "To keep up with the Jones" a reference to trying to keep equal with the "Jones"........................ROB
April 11, 2006 12:49AM
Or alternatively:

"I got a basketball Jones...ooo Baby, Yeah." Cheech and Chong
matt
April 11, 2006 12:53AM
sweet. and thanks for the tickets in the mail. not bad to come home to two treats.
cali_sweet1
April 12, 2006 09:45PM
greetings sista irie was that picture taken at his truckee show? id like to see more if you have some to share. I loved that show it was my first time seeing him. if you have more to share email me please at Cali_Sweet1@hotmail.com..thanks in advance
papa ray
April 13, 2006 02:15AM
Rootsie and all, Just to clarify, more era-specific is the reference 'jonesing';
not just midwest(altho yes, you hear that in chicago-detroit-st. louis other places, but also too other cities--- an urban thang,
(welled- used in NYC, Baltimore, y'know?? ):
It means to want a great deal, to have a great need.
I always thought the term had well-passed into public domain
and collective reference.....wadada.
matt
April 13, 2006 02:48AM
i'd say it's used in city and country alike, as i've heard it in both those types of places many times.
April 13, 2006 04:46AM
There you go.
baldhed
April 13, 2006 05:13AM
finally a quality artist on the bill....not to mention misty, rico & gomba
April 13, 2006 04:37PM
jonesing ta I alwehs meant "thirsting ta fulfill an addiction" or "having an addiction" to a thing...

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
April 13, 2006 04:40PM
yeah rob...thasx,

jonesing? yes i learnt a new term, today,
April 13, 2006 04:41PM
jah meek...
never heard the term 'jonesing' out this way before...
folks around i never have used it...
anyway thasx for the post...
April 13, 2006 04:43PM
papa ray...
jonesing?
thasx for the prespective on the term...
April 21, 2006 07:17PM
YES I - Nasio!! Can't wait.....
baykay
April 22, 2006 01:33PM
Dominica, Monday 10 April, 2006

Nasio Fontaine performs in Africa

Dominicas'reggae star Nasio Fontaine and his band travelled to Sierra Leone to perform two stadium shows in the West African country's capital city of Freetown on April 7 and 8th.
From the moment Nasio set foot on African soil he was overwhelmed by his fans. Near riot broke out on the streets surrounding a press conference and 300 military and security personnel were hired to bring Nasio in and out of the stadium each night. His fans just wanted to get close enough to see or touch the reggae star.

Despite the strong military and security presence, each evening when Nasio performed Armed and Dangerous, the gates came crashing down as fans rushed to get closer to the stage.

Nasio was truly in his element performing crowd favourites- Africa We Love, Truth will Reveal, Where We Belong, and Wanna Go Home to 25,000 fans who knew every single word. Nasio also performed songs off his forthcoming album, Universal Cry.

Nasios popularity in Sierra Leone can be attributed to many things, but many say that his music gives hope to the country recovering from civil war, corruption and oppression. During the show, Nasio called onto the stage a number of amputees, victims of military brutality during the past civil war. He also asked the crowd to hold hands as they prayed together for peace. Many were brought to tears.

It is estimated that Nasio has sold over 40,000 cds and cassettes in Sierra Leone, a country with a population of 4 million. However, his music was sold entirely by pirates- illegal bootleggers. Thus, Nasio has not seen the fruits of his enormous success. A spiritual man, he believes he is doing "Jah Work" and is satisfied that his message of unity is spread in Africa.

Nasios band consists of four Dominican brothers- Cedric Henderson on guitar, Clyde Henderson on drums, Kelvin Henderson on bass and Neville Henderson on keyboards, longtime band member, Miss Emi Yabuno on keyboards and two background vocalists. He was also joined by top Jamaican sound engineer Robert Stewart.
May 11, 2006 05:35AM
BIG BIG BIG UP to Nasio, Revolution Soldier... coming in nice and sweet, pure and clean!!

+++++++Be the change you want to see in this world- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, and Go Green. Live Good, Do Good, and Support the Conscious Movement. It's up to I and I to make our manifestations a reality+++++++
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login