Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

andrew tosh

Posted by Rick 
andrew tosh
June 22, 2004 08:42PM
to all that were at the festival,fisrt off "ROOTS" maybe you should fine out what happen before you make statements that aren't baCKED UP BY ANYTHING, fIRST OF ALL i'M A FRIEND OF MR.TOSH I WAS BACKSTAGE.First of all andrew was miss treated by the staff of the festival as soon as he got there and the promter warren had no respect for andrew. also isn't that what we are all about respect and unity for each other. if not maybe you shouldn't go and spend your money and time if you don't know how to show respect.things should have been handled differentlly. and most of all all the artist's deserve our love and respect. It's hard enough to try to be respcetfull to each other but you need to look at the reason you go to concerts. and always treat people with respect . maybe you should look up that text were it says when you talk to someone you look into there eyes as you were looking into the eyes of jah much blessing to all much respect jah love to all .someone who cares
Eric V
Re: andrew tosh
June 22, 2004 08:58PM
<and most of all all the artist's deserve our love and respect>

Then why did he disrespect Burning Spear himself?

eric v
June 22, 2004 09:09PM
Rick, I respect your opinion. What happened "backstage" wasn't witnessed by me, and you may well be right. Nonetheless, jumping Spear's show was without class. And dropping the f-bombs, a-holes, ras klaats etc. in the press tent, in the presence of women and at least one small child, was almost horrifying to me as I sat 5 feet from him and saw the hate and effects of substances that may not have been herbal in his eyes. My wife was there, and her impression of her first festival was A+, with the notable exception of this incident. Interestingly, I understand that later in the weekend he was arrested in Bakersfield on multiple charges including battery against a police officer.

On a personal level, being an executive producer of "Put My Faith In Jah" for the Peter Tosh Tribute Album Project, I was excited at the prospect of meeting the Bush Doktor's son and reasoning with him pon my involvement. I was really disappointed at how things turned out. A lesson in how to win friends and influence people it was not.

RAWspect-

Bahilman
June 22, 2004 09:25PM
what did burning spear have to do with any of this anyway?? and u dont counter one act of disrespect with another, even if andrew was mistreated. respect for his fans
his father,burning spear(who handled the situation beautifully) and for himself were absent at this show unfortunately.
friend of spear
June 23, 2004 07:55AM
This is not the first time Andrew has done this to Spear. Mr Rodney is as baffled as everyone else is. The band is a bit worried that they are a target. All very disturbing. Spear was having such a good show, I thought he would play forever!!! So, I was disappointed that the show was obviously cut short by Andrew's antics. I think he needs help.
friend of spear
June 23, 2004 07:57AM
This is not the first time Andrew has done this to Spear. Mr Rodney is just as baffled as everyone else. The band is a bit worried that they are a target. All very disturbing. Spear was having such a good show, I thought he would play forever!!! So, I was disappointed that the show was obviously cut short by Andrew's antics. I think he needs help.

jb welda
June 23, 2004 11:00AM
this top post is a blatant attempt at damage control. no one was disrespecting andrew tosh, and his actions speak for themselves. he was invited to attend at his request; arrangements were made for him to appear if and when he made it on time. i know what im talking about here and the poster at the top obviously either doesnt or is trying to make people think things that are not so. tosh was accorded every opportunity including an appearance in the interview tent, which he botched with pure bad vibes just as he botched his appearance by showing up way late. i dont know if he has a medical condition or what, but like i said, his actions speak for themselves and we must be held accountable for our actions.

one love
jah bill
June 23, 2004 11:54AM
to tell the truth, I am not sure what happened with all of this at the festival. Andrew Tosh's being there was a surprise to me, till I saw him and his inicycle backstage. I was glad he came to the press tent and spoke but I don't know really what set him off, I got the feeling some people had pissed him off the night before at the show in Hermosa Beach and that and other things as well as little sleep just got to him. I am very sorry that he didn't get a chance to speak with Warren at the press tent as Andrew requested , perhaps we might have learned more about this hubbub. I am just sorry that Andrew felt he was treated badly and reacted the way he did, I would have loved to see him do the performance like he did at SNWMF 99, a great show backed by Fully but I guess he wanted too much money. For those who saw this "performance" backstage this weekend, I guess we all need to pray for Andrew's health and mental state, I love his music, but I really was shocked,I just didn't love to see this freakout And as this was his 37th birthday, it was doubly troubling.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login