Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

camping concern/question

Posted by Zana 
Zana
camping concern/question
April 12, 2006 09:57PM
just double checking but are 3 day ticket holders guaranteed a camping spot when we arrive? I'm sending my $$ in for a ticket now and will be heading up on Friday. I just want to be able to camp on site.
Save me a spot! jk smiling smiley

Zana

zaheea.com shameless plug
jb welda
Re: camping concern/question
April 12, 2006 11:40PM
in a word, no.

but buy a camping pass (are available in advance this year) and you are.

one love
jah bill
Zana
April 13, 2006 12:19AM
Thanks jb.
I didn't realize that camping passes are available in advance.
Do I just send the extra $$ along with the ticket price?
I'm assuming yes.
Thanks!
April 13, 2006 05:39AM
Hi Zana,
We just got our tickets in the mail. and yes I send a extra 35.00 check for camping.
Blessed,
Sisterlil
The man
April 13, 2006 06:07AM
Brighton Beach, east of Palace Pier, is a good place to go camping it up.

Observer
HIGHPRAISE
April 13, 2006 10:54AM
This new camping pre pay is kinda odd .
HIGHPRAISE
April 13, 2006 10:56AM
There is not enough camping space as tickets being sold ?
HIGHPRAISE
April 13, 2006 10:58AM
So some that have 3 day tics. wont be able ta camp on site ? Odd ...
HIGHPRAISE
April 13, 2006 11:03AM
I have ta buy my tics. w/ credit (Ticketmaster) . Can i still send in a check for camping . What proof is needed . Confusing ... Talk ta me BIll ..
HIGHPRAISE
April 13, 2006 11:28AM
? anyone ?
Zana
April 13, 2006 11:54AM
Yeah, that was my concern. I've always bought my 3 day ticket in advance knowing that when I showed up, I would get a camping spot. I never cared where I was camping, only that is was on site. Last year I was in the baseball field.

So it seems that this year having a 3 day pass will NOT guarantee a camping spot?
I hope that if this is true, the word gets out soon enough for people who are expecting to camp on site will buy their passes in advance.

I'll be buying my ticket/camping pass asap!
jb welda
April 13, 2006 12:26PM
all i know is what i said. im not sure how camping is being handled for ticketmaster or what the deal is there. maybe a call to the hotline would help alleviate your concerns or clarify the situation.

one love
jah bill
April 13, 2006 08:00PM
zana (and other potential campers) - i paid in advance for camping and got a "car/suv camping confirmation" form that says "you must present this confirmation...to enter the campground". so it does appear you MUST pay for camping in order to camp. i guess we will see how strictly this is enforced but for now, if you want to camp you must pay extra. personally, i don't mind paying extra to camp on (ahem) lush green grass rather than dirt.
April 13, 2006 09:07PM
Highpraise you know you always have space in the Goatfoot Camp. Lets get closer and I will describe the flags this year.

G
Ites
April 13, 2006 09:47PM
is it straight camping?? or is there facilities?? shower/bathroom...jus wondering..
jb welda
April 13, 2006 10:34PM
dirtweed, yes you have to pay to camp on site. thats not different from any year.

one love
jah bill
April 13, 2006 10:39PM
yeah i play it smart and camp at the state campground where i get hot showers and a fya.see you at the shows!!!
HIGHPRAISE
April 13, 2006 11:31PM
Ahh yes, hotline .. La Pata de Chiva --- I love you .. No early departures this time smiling smiley
April 13, 2006 11:39PM
Yes I Highpraise! 2007 is when we shall develop the overall plan. This year is lets get there and hug our friends!

Goatfoot
HIGHPRAISE
April 13, 2006 11:44PM
I finally saw tha " Donnie Darko Uncut edition " today . Im ready for 2007 ....
kp
April 14, 2006 01:06AM
Can I pay in advance for the RV Camping? Is it the same or $100.00 dollars?. The camping link must be old. It saids camping is 1st come !st serve, no advance reservation.
April 14, 2006 05:47AM
KP,
I read that RV hook up's/ Camping is sold out. but I bet you can bring the RV and pay the price but no hook ups.
April 14, 2006 08:59AM
jb - this year though we get an official "camping confirmation" as opposed to paying for camping at the gate.
goatfoot
April 14, 2006 10:46AM
Yes Highpraise and if you are ever camping at a festival and a jet engine falls.........you know what to do!

Still looking for his energy bubble
Goatfoat
jb welda
April 14, 2006 10:57AM
dw if you mean you must pay *in advance* for camping this year, that remains to be seen. if it turns out there are spaces left then you will be able to buy camping at the gate. to be safe one should buy camping passes in advance.

sorry if the camping part of the site is not updated, hopefully daniel will get to it soon but i believe he is out of the area until after the weekend. theres an incredible number of little loose ends that add to the confusion.

one love
jah bill
April 14, 2006 02:09PM
I don't believe the camping information is out of date. We have space for some 1,800 camping vehicles, and they will be doled out on a first come-first served basis. By this, I mean the first 1,500 vehicles to purchase a camping pass will be accomodated, and no others....If 1,500 passes are sold prior to the festival, there will be no camping passes available at the gate. If not, then the remaining spots will be sold at the gate on a first come first served basis...

Post Edited (04-15-06 10:58)
pale ryder
April 14, 2006 02:12PM
Dang, we better get there early.
jb welda
April 14, 2006 02:22PM
daniel:

>The camping link must be old. It saids camping is 1st come !st serve, no
>advance reservation.

that sounds out of date

one love
jah bill
HIGHPRAISE
April 14, 2006 02:26PM
1800 spots 5000 tics. Hhmmm ? Daniel , my question is can i purchase a camping pass through the mail without purchasing tickets ? Im using credit to buy the tickets elsewhere ..
April 14, 2006 02:29PM
>> "No early departures this time smiling smiley "

LOL - yeah goatfoot, what the hell was up with the morning disappearing act? I don't even know how in the world you guys got up before us - you all were drinking like Irish men fresh outta the pokey. You bringin a bass? Nuff drums for sure...

Can't wait to see you guys this year!
April 14, 2006 02:31PM
If the percentage of festival goers that camp on-site remains the same as in year's prior, and if the average number of campers per vehicle remains the same as in prior years, then there will be no problem with camping spaces, as music tickets will sell out first. Yes, you can buy a camping pass without buying a music ticket, but you will not be allowed into the camping area unless you also have a 3-day music ticket...
HIGHPRAISE
April 14, 2006 02:48PM
Cool . Thanx Daniel . that clears it up fpr me ..
April 14, 2006 07:20PM
Haha Dubguy....the only reason we got up that early is that I have evil friends...with alarm clocks! If our Isreal brethren make it out again, we shall have the bass. Always drums though, always!

G
HIGHPRAISE
April 14, 2006 07:42PM
I was wonderin Goatfoot , are ya rollin with tha same crew ? Cool cats for sure ..What flag do i look for again ? Center stage . Bob ?
April 15, 2006 10:10AM
Better start organizing car-pools now, Some be people might be left ass-out
HIGHPRAISE
April 15, 2006 12:26PM
When i said leavin early , i ment tha fest in general . Goatfoot goated around a little early which left to a early departure . were gettin old man ,cant party like its 1989 smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login