Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Attn tongue sticking out smileyablo RE:Yashua

Posted by ForwardZion 
Attn tongue sticking out smileyablo RE:Yashua
April 13, 2006 08:53PM
Pablo,
Started a new thread on this subject from the original thread in the gospel of Judas because I did not want it to get compounded between two of dirtweed's long ass meaningless posts.
Anyway, My thoughts on Christ without the influence of Paul.

If you take the teachings of Yashau seperately you can find almost every one of them paralleled in either the Old Testament or the Talmud. But if you take them as a whole, they have an urgency, a vivid quality, and a complete absence of rehashed material that makes them refreshing. The passionate quality of his message was also on the language he used to portray them. He talks of camels that hump through needles' eyes, of people who strain gnats from their beverages while oblivious of the camels that caravan down their throats. The characters in his stories go around with two by fours sticking out of their eyes while looking for specks in others. He talks of the pharasies whose outer lives are like stately mausoleums while their inner lives stink of rotting corpses. This language is not rhetorical rather it is part of the urgent message itself. Also Yashua spoke to the people in parables giving his teaching a realistic twist that they could identify with.
Not only was it the words of Yashua but what he did. The gospels is filled with miracles but he never emphasize them. Never using them as devices to gain believers. Most of his miracles were performed quietly apart from the crowds, as a deminstration of their faith and not his power. Peter sums up what he did in his lifetime in one simple phrase "He went about doing good" Acts 10:38
He went about doing his work with such single-mindedness and effectiveness the people around him found that themselves thinking that if divine goodness were to manifest itself in human form , this is how it would behave.
But the most impressive thing about Yashuas teachings is not that he taught them but that he appeared to have lived them! The accounts that we have show that his entire life was one of humility, self-giving, and love that was unconditional. Evidence of his humility is that it is impossible to know what he thought of himself. His concern was what people thought of God - God's nature and will for their lives. I guess this does tell us something about his own self image and that he asteemed himself to be less than God "Why do you call me good? Don't you know that only God is good?" He had no sense of pride. No man's words on selflessness could be said with any authority whose life contained any deceit, truth was like the air to him.
Yashua loved people and they loved him in return, they were drawn to him,flocked to him. He felt others, whether they were rich or poor, young or old, saints or sinners. He ignored the social barriers that social mores established between people. He hated injustice and called the oppressed people "the least of these" and added himself among them. The only thing he truly hated was hypocrisy because it hid people from themselves and hindered the building of relationships. He seems to me that those who knew him best saw him as a man in whom the human ego had disappeared, leaving his life so completely under the will of God that it was transparent to that will. So that when they looked at him it was as though they were looking at something resembling God in human form.
Re: Attn tongue sticking out smileyablo RE:Yashua
April 13, 2006 09:04PM
A beautiful interpretation indeed! And one I very much Identify with...and yet ...I feel this is still MAINLY interpretation.

"If you take the teachings of Yashau seperately you can find almost every one of them paralleled in either the Old Testament or the Talmud." -- not disagreeing, I'm just looking for a specific example. To which SPECIFIC "teaching" are you referring?
April 13, 2006 09:06PM
well said
April 13, 2006 11:13PM
here ya go fellas - a site you can post on and not annoy everyone......

[www.angelfire.com]

yer welcome,
dirtweed (righteous indeed)
April 13, 2006 11:23PM
Dirtweed,
I don't think our post are fanatical be any means. The reasoning itself is more textbook than preachy. Why does it annoy you so much? It not like were trying to make coverts or dog anyones beliefs or religon by any means. The reason I post here is first and foremost I am a huge SNWMF fan and feel more comfortable reasoning with minds here than on some religious site. (which by the way annoys me because I am not religious nor afilliate with any christian church) Besides this is only a small percentage of the type of material I bring to this board, not like some propagandist on here that only pushes their own agenda and nothing more. Lighten up man! Hey if I see you at the fest I'll have a cold one for ya.
April 13, 2006 11:37PM
to the non-religious - religion is boring.
just ignore my intrusions, i'm not slagging you guys personally (hey, i kinda like you guys) just the religious meanderings.
and i'll share a "hot" one with you at festival.
April 13, 2006 11:39PM
Alright man sorry to to this into a history channel lesson but some of us enjoy reasoning bout' this stuff. Cool that sounds like a great trade.
April 13, 2006 11:46PM
good posts forwardzion. I believe that a reggae site such as this is a perfect place for people to reason about religion in the manner found in this and the judas thread. Many reggae fans are drawn towards religion and religious scriptures. Personally, I find that most of the people I interact with daily are not willing to discuss religion, so I find it refreshing to come here and either read or contribute to reasonings on faith and beliefs. keep it up.

April 14, 2006 12:00PM
Give Thanks all! Thanks for keeping a good sense of humor!
April 14, 2006 03:59PM

Post Edited (04-14-06 09:06)
pale ryder
April 14, 2006 04:24PM
Lol....in all respect
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login