Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

dancehall was highlight both nights!

Posted by poppa 
dancehall was highlight both nights!
June 23, 2004 04:07PM
to me anyway- that was the ****... see ya'll next year.
Re: dancehall was highlight both nights!
June 23, 2004 05:03PM
Yeah, great sound this time around. I liked the control booth setup. It emphasized the size of the room and made for a more cohesive experience. All those big old riddims on that sound was great.
June 23, 2004 05:25PM
ya i thought so too. we will do it like that again next year.
June 23, 2004 05:40PM
The sound was good this year if you were in the forward half of the building. I like that arrangement with turntables out away from the speaker stacks. However, if you were way in back against the wall like I was some of the time the bass was very booming and reverbing and sounded pretty bad. They did good though considering your inside a concrete/metal echo chamber.

Definitely had a good time there, especially Friday night, and stayed there till past 2am.
June 23, 2004 05:46PM
ya we cant do much about the low end build up at the back of the room(other than put more stacks back there) it is a natural accurance in a room like that. it acts like a giant bass cabinet. cool if you kike alot of bass though!
June 23, 2004 06:25PM
I loved the dancehall! I really liked the set up this year too in comparison to last year (but loved that too!).

I loved Rory's energy - he well brought the hype outta this Japanese sista! smiling smiley Can't wait til next year! Bless....
GG
June 23, 2004 06:40PM
I also had a great time on Saturday night shaking my booty (wish I'd seen Friday night) and feel like they are getting the sound right in that hall through the years. The first couple times it was painful on the ears but it's getting worked out now. Look forward to checking it next year!
June 24, 2004 05:30PM
who was mixing it up on saturday around 12:30??
solid rock
June 24, 2004 05:33PM

rory of stone love
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login