Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Junior Kelly

Posted by Ninjacat 
Junior Kelly
April 14, 2006 09:17AM
why does this guys seem so elusive when it comes festival time. I am sure there are nuff people out there who want to see him play.
jb welda
Re: Junior Kelly
April 14, 2006 10:53AM
doesnt he sing?

dont give up yet, many things are possible.

one love
jah bill
April 14, 2006 11:12AM
good to know
HIGHPRAISE
April 14, 2006 11:33AM
Thanx for bringin this up . Ive been wonderin tha same thing for a while . JUNIOR KELLY for SNWMF 2006 !
April 14, 2006 11:47AM

JUST LIKE HIS performance on the stage, Junior Kelly's kitchen antics were just as lively and rich.

His bite it seems is louder than his bark, as before the cooking day, Kelly quietly stated, without hype, and without conceit, that he had talent around the stove.

Kelly prepared french-fried Cauliflower, with tofu marinated in a special sauce, and pasta soaked in coconut milk. To wash it down, there was a special mixture of pineapple, melon, and paw paw fruits blended together.

Playing chef

Kelly tied his locks under a blue bandana, and wrapped a towel as an apron around his waist. he seemed as if he was going to war, but as he noted, it was all part of playing the chef role.

"The first time mi cook was about age six or seven. Yu know when yu little yu ambitious, mi have the guidance of my mother, but me decide di something on my own," he explained. "Mi put on a pot with some dumpling and leave the pot go play football, and as yu expect the results never pretty."

Now, many pots later, Kelly explained how he prepares his meal, titled in friendly terms as the 'Madness meal.' Nothing was mad about it however, as in just over two hours it was ready.Here is the procedure in summary.

Procedure:

Set to boil in a pot one or two packets of coconut milk mixed with a little water as desired. Add pasta, and allow to cook.

For the tofu, cut them into small strips to personal liking, then season with garlic, onion, pimento, escallion, thyme, pepper etc.

Coat lightly with flour before frying. Fry until they are golden brown.For the cauliflower, cut them into halves, Coat lightly with flour then put to fry until brown.

For the tofu sauce, mix strips of carrot, onions, pepper, tomato, scotch bonnett pepper, sweet pepper, garlic and tomato ketchup.

Add water to this while cooking it under a low fire to desired taste and texture.

When finished add to the tofu and cauliflower.

Ites
April 14, 2006 12:19PM
Yes I!! please bring the Ras to sNWMF! that would make my year
Bless~
baykay
April 14, 2006 12:28PM
he would be a very nice and balanced selection to add to the line-up

more junior kelly!
HIGHPRAISE
April 14, 2006 01:52PM
More Junior Kelly !
April 14, 2006 03:00PM
He closed Rebel Salute this year. I noticed he is not wrapping his dreads lately. Seems like I am seeing more and more of that from various bobo style performers.

Junior Kelly is a great showman.

hope this doesn't turn out too dark

"love shines brighter than the morning sun"
HIGHPRAISE
April 14, 2006 03:18PM
> "I noticed he is not wrapping his dreads lately. Seems like I am seeing more and more of that from various bobo style performers. " <

I think there is some insight ta that on "Rasta Should Be Deeper" on Tough Life ..
April 14, 2006 03:22PM
Sista Irie wrote:

> hope this doesn't turn out too dark

<Sarcasm>

What if it is, racist!

</Sarcasm>

Peace,
-RV
April 14, 2006 05:52PM
I'll try it again... FORWARD JUNIOR KELLY FOR SNWMF 2006!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
April 14, 2006 06:22PM
I don't catch your drift, Rastaman (?) Vibration. As a photographer, a photo is too dark when the picture is not taken with appropriate lighting. It has nothing to do with skin color but lighting in general. Wake up and Live, RV.

Good point, Highpraise. And a lovely song that is!

Post Edited (04-14-06 18:24)

&quot;love shines brighter than the morning sun&quot;
April 14, 2006 07:50PM
pretty sure he was being sarcastic sis <>
April 17, 2006 10:35AM
Sorry, Sista, I had a very poor attempt at some sarcastic humor and widely missed the mark. My apologies -- no offense intended. I have read enough of your posts to know that my words, if taken seriously, are ludicrous in the extreme.

Peace,
-RV
April 17, 2006 10:39AM
Paradise, where there's no envy or greed!
cali_sweet1
April 17, 2006 10:43AM
I've been wanting junior kelly to come to this show . I hope he makes it on the list. I have only seen him once with everton blender at the avalon ballroom what a great show..make it happen sierra nevada smiling smiley
HIGHPRAISE
April 17, 2006 11:04AM
I think what reggae is on tha bill is what were gettin . Alot of "filler" this year -IMO- Keepin my fingers crossed though ..
HIGHPRAISE
April 17, 2006 11:05AM
I said "filler" maybe i shoulda said "worldish"
April 17, 2006 11:40AM
Well, one woman's filler is a next woman's killer HighPraise. I am no fan of world beat music myself, but fail to see any 'filler' in this lineupwhatsover...
pale ryder
April 17, 2006 11:47AM
Come give me de Boom Draw, Strong Draw!!!!!!!!!!
jb welda
April 17, 2006 12:26PM
what are you trying to say daniel?

one love
jah bill
April 17, 2006 12:29PM
Just responding to HighPraise's comment about there being alot of 'filler' on the lineup this year IHO.....
April 17, 2006 12:44PM
Rastaman Vibration~ no problem. Sometimes the internet is a difficult communication tool. Give thanks for your return post. Bless up everytime!

heartically, sis irie

&quot;love shines brighter than the morning sun&quot;
HIGHPRAISE
April 17, 2006 12:51PM
I guess was just a little disapointed today when i saw the new adds . Always feelin Ras M though ... Dont want ta take nothin away from tese artists but was just really hopin for some "reggae" JA artists . Like lets say uummm JUNIOR KELLY .. Too bad we could'nt get Warrior King again .
April 17, 2006 12:57PM
I am with you on bringing Warrior King, though his upcoming tour as well as his being on ROTR make that less likely to happen. That having been said, FORWARD Jr. Kelly to SNWMF!!!!
April 17, 2006 09:42PM
yes I have only seen him once....in SF.....best choice for a festival...How come he never around...He would please everybody.....truly Conscious....I want to see him there more than anybody....
Indigo
April 17, 2006 09:46PM
yes!! it would be nice if they had some consious artist such as him, chuck fender, turbulence, etc and bredren like them...it would be a nice addition...
April 17, 2006 10:00PM
it feels like snwmf tryin to stay away from the controversal fiya blazahs. more fiya yes kelly
April 18, 2006 08:14AM
Even as one of the SNWMF festival goers who is more into old reggae than new, I'd like to see someone like junior kelly added. I always like being to catch a ragga artist I've never seen before during the summer.

April 18, 2006 10:54AM
Junior Kelly's one of my favorites. "Love So Nice" was the tune as far as I was concerned back when I was about 12 years old, and when I first picked the LP up on vinyl I couldn't stop playing all the tunes on there for a long time (My family didn't have the same opinion though, my brother was damn near ready to break the turntable any time Boom Draw would come on). Peace

Dr. Suess (aka Ras James)
Irie Sounds International
April 23, 2006 03:00PM
read more on Junior Kelly at:

www.reggaemusicreviews.com

Bless
Kaya

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login