Dave Chappelle letter to His white fans

Posted by Akono 
Akono
Dave Chappelle letter to His white fans
April 14, 2006 12:17PM
ceelo
Re: Dave Chappelle letter to His white fans
April 14, 2006 12:19PM
"I've started to feel like those reggae cats who come to America on tour, spreading Afro-centric messages like "Back to Africa" and "Kill whitey", and the only people who show up to their concerts are 50-year-old hippies and latte-sipping WTO protestors who don't hear anything beyond "one love" and "legalize it"."

yep
pale ryder
April 14, 2006 12:33PM
Dave Chappelle's letter written by someone else other than Dave.....
jb welda
April 14, 2006 12:37PM
this guy increasingly sounds like a complete idiot. maybe its just me who is the idiot and his genius is escaping me. or maybe not.

one love
jah bill
April 14, 2006 12:40PM

Mark Harris
(Columnist)

Mark Harris is simple man who avoids adjectives. Mark Harris is a caring man who devotes much of his time to putting out orphans on fire and reimbursing the families of children he sets on fire. Mark Harris is a confident man who doesn't let hurdles like "credentials" and "good hygiene" get in his way. But most of all, Mark Harris is a desperate, bitter man who only wants to be loved.

Mark Harris was born the son of a sharecropper...Or was that was George Jefferson? What does it matter; they both love dry cleaning! Nothing of consequence happened in the next 22 years of his life until he graduated with a degree in History and English from the University of Virginia. A life on the brink of poverty was the inevitable outcome, as he wrote technical documents on street corners to support his burgeoning reggae addiction.

Writing about reggae seemed to be a natural outlet for his passions (writing about dry cleaning having been done to death), so in 1999 he created Reggae-Reviews.com To date, he has reviewed over 1,200 albums and offended at least as many visitors.

Now based in the Los Angeles area, he continues to write boring-ass technical documents, exciting-ass music reviews, and middling-ass attempts at freelance writing for publications like The Indi and Ugly Planet, not to mention the column "Yelling at the Screen" at PopMatters. He hopes one day to escape the drudgery of technical writing and to stop writing about himself in the third person.

LoriI
April 14, 2006 02:08PM
Are we only taking steps backwards in this world we live in?
I never have judged someone by the color of their skin!
baldhed
April 14, 2006 04:47PM
that dood gave a horrible review for Bobs lp Natty Dread.
what an idiot. cmon, it was bobs first solo lp!
Dr Lifty Lu
April 14, 2006 05:03PM
So . . .
A letter from Dave Chappelle to his fans, written by Mark Harris? ? ?
what is the purpose in telling people what you think Dave is thinking?
I guess "Mark A Harris's Letter to Dave Chappelle's Fans" sounds too much like the pointless B.S. that it is.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login