Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Visualize Wirrled Peas

Posted by pale ryder 
pale ryder
Visualize Wirrled Peas
April 14, 2006 04:01PM
Is there a chance for world wide peace? What would have to happen to bring it about?
Dr Lifty Lu
Re: Visualize Wirrled Peas
April 14, 2006 05:06PM
All it would take is to extricate the craniums of a couple billion people from their rectums
April 14, 2006 05:19PM
I believe the terms are "crania" and "recti"
...but I may have just proved your point... winking smiley
April 14, 2006 05:53PM
"I walked down to Union Square. It was filled with people-hardly a square foot unoccupied...all mixed without predjudice...one feeling seemed to possess all of them, and the expression was the same on everyone's face...And how many acts of human kindness were done in those days and nights by stranger to stranger- for they were all brothers at last"

-From a letter by a businessman written after the San Francisco earthquake of 1906. So all that has to happen is a global upheaval (Global warming?? World War 3?? both??) and a shared experience of catastrophic proportion and everybody will finally get it. (Crania extracti) And the meek shall inherit the earth.
April 14, 2006 10:01PM
It happened again on 9/11/01...but only served to make people meaner, greedier and more blood-thirsty in the end.

April 14, 2006 11:59PM
Yes, that's exactly what I've been saying, "a shared experience of catastrophic proportion and everybody will finally get it" - like folks from the next galaxy returning for more than a visit.
Or maybe, a big rock from outer space will land in my backyard.
It's possible.
riffy
April 15, 2006 12:02AM
Nations of peace - a worldly counsel comprised of those countries who want peace, untiy and cooperation internationally could lead the way possibly. The only problem is opposition. They would have ta be willing to use force to defend themselves if they risked violent attack. That's the tricky part. It seems hard to pinpoint an answer when di logical one seems hypocritical so. I often ponder this question. Good1 pale ryder. Bob got it started in his own way, eh?
April 15, 2006 12:17AM
And who defines which nations are indeed "nations of peace?" or was it peas.
April 15, 2006 04:34AM
>...And how many acts of human kindness were done in those days and nights
> by stranger to stranger- for they were all brothers at last".............
>-From a letter by a businessman written after the San Francisco earthquake of >1906.

First person accounts I read of the SF 1906 quake there was widespread
po po / vigilantee shootings of the suffrahs (does Nawlans / Katrina ring a
bell?) so - I very much doubt the next synthetic or natural disaster will be a panacea for what ails this up-side-down planet.
<><><><>
acknowledging the 1,ooo,ooo's of equally blessed tribes
Ovah

a
April 15, 2006 05:43AM
Visualize World Peace
Visualize Whirrled Peas
i saw a bumper sticker once that said "visualize my foot up yer hippy ass".

now thats not very nice,
April 15, 2006 07:21AM
Put Barry Bonds in a jail cell next to Charles Manson, and let Charlie ask him questions - maybe then we'll get some answers.
Spleece
April 15, 2006 09:56AM
April 15, 2006 10:25AM
Chimino- 9/11 was too small. The media made it seem big. what I mean by a shared catastrophe is no neighborhood would be spared, nobody would be watching on TV cuz it would be effecting all in a very immediate and personal way. and it would last longer than a day. the mean, greedy and bloodthirsty kill each other off in desperation, and the meek (the ones not caught in the crossfire)inherit the earth. Think big catastrophe that lasts for generations. Global warming appears to be the main component, maybe breaking down agriculture and food distribution systems so that mass starvation spreads worldwide, rich and poor. Add in more earthquakes and volcanoes, hurricanes and tornadoes, and rampant epidemics of deadly disease and we should end up with a nice sustainable population of very enlightened humans who will have been forced to evolve from Homo sapiens to Homo veritas, true human. So no worries! All is unfolding perfectly. Just be happy and give thanks for your next breath of air, your oatmeal porridge, and positive, conscious ROOTS REGGAE!
baykay
April 15, 2006 12:01PM
I doubt there can ever be lasting peace as long as there is civilization
HIGHPRAISE
April 15, 2006 12:18PM
Baykay said it ..
April 15, 2006 01:30PM
sounds like a utopian dream...

baykay
April 15, 2006 02:01PM
one that will hopefully become a reality, especially if humans want to survive themselves.
we spent the vast majority of our existence without civilization, and have only continued to spiral downward in terms of consciousness and true culture since its inception, all the while creating more and more problems on this earth for ourselves and every other sentient being.
April 15, 2006 04:33PM
yes, oh yes, we can certainly find peace. first, we must take a deep breath, drink a glass of water and close our eyes and feel that peace we speak of deep within our being. every action and every thought reflects and exudes this peace. there will have to be some destruction to make room for new creation. when we weed a garden, the plants that produce fruit can grow. so in the same nature the earth is changing and many are suffering through their attachment with death. life is continuious and its nature is peace and love. we must tune into a higher vibration and feel the ecstasy of exsistence once more...
so learn to grow more food! and save your seeds! solar power! biodiesel! hemp fields and tribal living! drums, fires and music everyday! one love!
let us create this vision of peace this festival and raise the vibration for the sake of the earth and all the beings within it...
blessings of light and love
a hotep ama iset baraka
April 15, 2006 05:44PM
good post priestess - you are right.

It is often difficult for me to envision world peace because I cant even get my own life in order. Every person is able to contribute to world peace through daily actions. If I can take the time to remember every day that I love god and my neighbors, then my actions will demonstrate this love to the others i interact with, as well as affect them in positive ways. Then these people may be uplifted and inspired to act similarly, and our positive actions can be felt by people we dont even know in an ever expanding web of one love. Its possible that if enough people take the initiative to take peace seriously and pray, a dramatic change can be brought about.

Hopefully I can stay conscious about all this for more than fifteen minutes.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login