Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Peter Simon photo exhibit Tuesday

Posted by Sista Irie 
Peter Simon photo exhibit Tuesday
April 16, 2006 03:20AM
I got this from Roger Steffens a few days ago.

EASTER GREETINGS FROM PETER SIMON PHOTOGRAPHY

Easter greeting from Peter Simon Photography! This is just a quick update to let you know that Peter will be giving a lecture at the University of Texas at Austin next Tuesday (the 18th of April) at 7pm. This is the first in a series of presentations that cover his career in photography and life experiences in general. Following the chronology of his book "I and Eye," Peter delivers an entertaining and quite personal account of the forces that effected his - the boomer - generation. We hope that you will pass this invite out to anyone who lives near the area that might be interested in attending.

The University of Texas at Austin
Center for American History
invites you to attend
a photo presentation by

Peter Simon

THROUGH THE LENS
A Life Filled with History, Friendships and Addiction

Tuesday, April 18, 2006
7:00 p.m.

During the past forty years, Simon, a nationally acclaimed photographer, photojournalist, author, music historian, and instructor, has documented historic events from the protest-filled 1960s' hippie communes and New Age Movement, to the greatest names in rock 'n roll, reggae, pop music, to the action of Major League Baseball and the majesty of Martha's Vineyard. I and Eye: Pictures of My Generation, a retrospective of Simon's life's work, was published in 2001.

Bass Lecture Hall, located in
Sid Richardson Hall, Unit 3 (lower level),
on the UT Campus.

Peter Simon and Stephen Davis; photo by Sista Irie; Kingdom Rise Kingdom Fall

Bob Marley at home, Kingston, Jamaica, 1976
copyright Peter Simon

"love shines brighter than the morning sun"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login