Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SNWMF welcomes the Guantanamo Bay Detainees

Posted by Ovah 
SNWMF welcomes the Guantanamo Bay Detainees
April 17, 2006 10:27AM
In a surprise move to alleviate world tensions the US DoD
has announced they are sponsoring a weekend leave for
the Guantanamo Bay Detainees to attend the SNWMF.

Since the Detainess are not used to large crowds a special
hospitality tent will give them a chance to de-compress, and
as well they will be available at the media tent for a rare a
press conference that will likely draw world attention.

Female festival attendees are asked to respect cultural
sensitivities and in their conduct and dress.

Re: SNWMF welcomes the Guantanamo Bay Detainees
April 17, 2006 10:38AM
64% Innocent

24% Soldiers defending their Homes

12% That would cut your throat just as easily as Peter Tosh would blaze a 50 Bag.
April 17, 2006 06:49PM
ninjacat - no one really knows whose in the prison and what the charges are against them. Perhaps I've just grown so deparately dissilusioned with our warmonger country and its politicians that I am in total denial, but I would wager that the 12% figure is high....
April 18, 2006 02:01AM
IS THIS REAL ? IM CONFUSED
April 18, 2006 02:13AM
DOES THID MEAN LOTS OF FEDS. OBIVIOSELY. VERY WRONG
April 18, 2006 05:19AM
> IS THIS REAL ? IM CONFUSED

This is real as a heart attack brother
April 18, 2006 06:45AM
Just a random guess and reasoning. I think that perhaps 12% were captured on the battlefield if not more. How they got there is another story. I don't find it hard to believe though if we are waginf war in a country there are going to be a lot of people who are trying to kill coalition forces. Many of them succeed, many more fail. I would reckon that at least 12% of the prison population you would not want running free if you had a choice because they are no longer going to listen. If you had been yanked off the street and blindfolded. Captured by men who did not speak your language so all of your cries went unheard. Loaded onto a cargo plane, flown halfway around the world and dumped into a realm of solitude how would you feel? No contact witht he outside world subject to beatings and mal treatment. Take all of these things and add that this 12% that already made up thier minds about the "infidel" and you have a powder keg. Surely you believe that there are those in the world who would kill you if they could that you and I are not worthy of life and it i just a matter of geographic realities that keep us from them. While most of the world does not exist on the fringes like these these fringes do indeed exist. Look at someone like Faldwell. He is a moderate for those that think like him. People think he is a mad man, but he is a calm version of what is actually out there. You think if the government told US citizens it was ok to gun down people trying to cross the border there wouldn't be truck loads of dudes out there tomorrow? I would reason that 12% of our own population would do away with people who think like us (into reggae and all things alike) should be gone at least locked away. Anyway this is where the 12% comes from.
April 18, 2006 07:53AM
good reasoning - ill tell you that more than 12% of my girlfriends family thinks people like us should be locked away...

I was only thinking about the people before imprisonment. After being imprisoned, I wouldn't be surprised if you could switch the 12 % with the 64%.
April 18, 2006 08:04AM
you know - what i just wrote made me think - our country, by detaining so many innocent people in places like bagram, abu ghraib and guantanamo and places we dont even know about, are really fuelling the problem. People are getting thrown into these facilities simply for having a cell phone and a shovel in their trunk. They may not have had anything to do with terrorism before, but they may afterwards...

makes me realize why they're being held onto for so long - and why the government doesnt want to release any information about them. If no one knows about them, no one will miss them come clean up time.

April 18, 2006 08:21AM
hate fuels hate
April 18, 2006 12:41PM
nice subliminal orthodoxy
April 18, 2006 01:11PM
explain
April 18, 2006 01:42PM
can someone explain why this "field trip" is taking place in the first place?
April 18, 2006 01:53PM
They are not letting people out og Guantanamo for a reggae festival, just to clarify anyone who might be confused. Besides, a good portion of the people there would not want anything to do with what they'd consider to be a heathen festival of idolitry and sin. A lot of strict muslims believe music is Haraam (forbidden). Not to mention being in a setting where there are drugs, alcohol, immodestly dressed women and people who worship a God other than Allah, fundamentalist muslims would want nothing to do with a festival in california. Peace

Dr. Suess (aka Ras James)
Irie Sounds International
April 18, 2006 02:58PM
further proof of the 12%, although I heard Bin laden is Hiding behind Jah Bill's tent
Mr Blobby
April 18, 2006 03:23PM
Confirmed several detainees wll be "flying direct 2 the festival"tickets for this "oneway" journey can be obtained through american airways.com
April 18, 2006 04:28PM
heres a recently declassified photo of the detainees getting ready for SNWMF:

yush420
April 18, 2006 04:30PM

Where is your proof, what is your source, these seems pretty ridiculous to me. Why would the government fly their "top secret, high profile" prisoners to a reggae festival in NorCal... THis is pretty silly, maybe you should post a link to a major newspaper with an article on this, or a government website.

PEace
April 18, 2006 04:33PM
in other breaking news - bagram detainees are being flown to hooters for a nice meal and few cold ones.

April 19, 2006 09:51AM
>a good portion of the people there would not want anything to do with what they'd consider >to be a heathen festival of idolitry and sin ... alcohol, immodestly dressed women and ... >fundamentalist muslims would want nothing to do with a festival in california.

Interesting point ... is same ting nuff dread up inna the hills of JA say.

Time will tell
When its gunna be ' Lights Out '
<><><><>
acknowledging the 1,000,000's of equally blessed tribes
Ovah
April 19, 2006 10:44AM
the next person who thinks this post is real should not be allowed to walk the streets.
April 19, 2006 10:46AM
"the next person who thinks this post is real should not be allowed to walk the streets."
exactly, there's no way in hell this is real. Although I must admit if it was, the outcome would probably make the Andrew Tosh situations seem downright sane.

April 19, 2006 10:52AM
This is a funny post!
April 19, 2006 12:19PM
Will Saddam be flying in for this?
April 19, 2006 12:22PM
No, Sadaam however will by flying out to california to catch all of Michael Franti's west coast shows.

April 19, 2006 12:34PM
"Why are those guys wearing those thick heavy coats to the festival? It must be a hundred in the..."

April 19, 2006 01:17PM
Too many BOOOOOM tunes in that RV.

Peace,
-RV
April 19, 2006 01:47PM
So, your saying that Saddam will be on the river?
April 19, 2006 03:17PM
Saddam will not be attending the River, as he is only being let out to follow the performances until the last week of july. Word has it he might be appearing at Burning Man though

jb welda
April 19, 2006 03:46PM
actually word has it that he might *be* burning man.

i give him credit though: he says its all him and to let his "henchmen" go as they were just following his orders. and he says everything he did was legal under their laws which is pretty much what the USA says everyday in response to criticism from those inside and outside the country.

one love
jah bill
April 19, 2006 03:47PM
MORE FYAH!!!
Fyah haffi bun out di wicked mon
April 19, 2006 04:00PM
I'm pretty much of the opinion that all politicians are twisted people, some just happen to be more twisted then others though. My point on the thread wasn't really about saddam, sierra, or rotr as much as it was to point out the absurdity of anyone actually believing POW's would be allowed a weekend off to go to a reggae festival.

April 19, 2006 04:03PM
POW's going to a world music festival would be much more believable.
April 19, 2006 08:11PM
"There is no such thing as time."
Charles Manson

Anonymous sources tell me that Charlie, as a personal favor to his many music fans, has agreed to make an extremely brief appearance on Sunday, however, he must be back home before midnight.
Governor's orders.
April 19, 2006 08:25PM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

POPE BENEDICT TO PERFORM AT REGGAE ON THE RIVER 2006

Garberville, CA - People's Productions announced today that as a one-time only special appearance, Pope Benedict XVI will lyrically battle Rastafarian reggae singer Miguel "Sizzla" Collins live on stage at the conclusion of the 3-day reggae music festival. Although the pope has yet to address the subject; Sizzla (along with many other reggae singers) have written lyrics addressing their dislike of the Catholic church.

Neither Collins nor the pope could be reached for comment by press time. Reggae On the River is scheduled for August 4,5,6 2006 at the Dimmick Ranch outside of Garberville, CA.

Rumours had been spreading for several days about Guantanamo Bay detainees attending another california festival, but spokesmen for the Department of Homeland Security has steadfastly denied any plans to temporarily release inmates.

Post Edited (04-19-06 20:26)

April 19, 2006 08:37PM
why would the gov of calif allow manson out of jail to attend a music festival???
isn't he worried about re-election or something?
what will people think?
April 19, 2006 08:57PM
is it not true, that the above mentioned spokeperson for the department of homeland security, who, as you say, steadfastly denies having any plans, was recently arrested, and charged as a child molester?
yes or no.
April 19, 2006 09:31PM
whoa. this is getting all too strange. think i'll sleep it off.
w.
April 20, 2006 06:38AM
This morning, the Pentagon, at the direction of the American President, announced the list of all 558 Guantanamo Bay Detainees, from 41 countries, who will be attending this year's festival.
Please make them all welcome.
pale ryder
April 20, 2006 08:37AM
There is a new movie coming out as well, its called "Earnest Goes To Jamdown".
April 20, 2006 09:08AM
"National Lampoons Fugitive Reggae Festival"
April 20, 2006 09:45AM
"Honey I Indefinitely Detained the Kids"
April 20, 2006 10:00AM
Thanks for the laughs this morrning. :-)

----------------------------------

Mr Blobby
April 20, 2006 11:16AM
Thanks for the laughs this morrning

This is not a joke,for good conduct nd conversion 2 christianty,these thugs willallowed 2 attend the snwmf,as a tax paying law abiding citzen i think this is disgusting.
jb welda
April 20, 2006 11:28AM
mr blobby, with all due respect, try to see through the haze and realize none of those "thugs" are probably going anywhere. and i dont think "thugs" is a term that is warranted unless you know something no one else knows, which, given your post, seems quite unlikely.

one love
jah bill
April 20, 2006 12:00PM
I thought thugs weren't allowed into the festival gates since we left Marysville...
btw... Mr. Blobby, you need a nap ...and a bonghit
April 20, 2006 12:05PM
While I whole heartedly agree with Mr. Blobby.
Sin is sin, no matter how you slice it.
Converting to Jesus will not be enough for any detainee to attend the SNWMF.
April 20, 2006 12:05PM
Sizzla to Pope Benedict...

"Nothing inna Babylon nah work
Watch the inequity have to get up and splurt
Not even this wicked pope can serve
Rome catch a fire cause deh Vatican thirst"

Pope to Sizzla...
"This man talk of righteousness and it get me vex,
Him Gwann run after women just for da sex.
Rasta take a draw, chantin bout praise ye Jah,
with a vial of hennessy stickin out of him jaw."

Boom!
April 20, 2006 12:18PM
Ras James posted:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

POPE BENEDICT TO PERFORM AT REGGAE ON THE RIVER 2006

Garberville, CA - People's Productions announced today that as a one-time only special appearance, Pope Benedict XVI will lyrically battle Rastafarian reggae singer Miguel "Sizzla" Collins live on stage at the conclusion of the 3-day reggae music festival. Although the pope has yet to address the subject; Sizzla (along with many other reggae singers) have written lyrics addressing their dislike of the Catholic church.
Pale Ryder
April 20, 2006 01:18PM
Ha Ha, that is funny.....
Mr Blobby
April 20, 2006 02:33PM
Mr. Blobby, you need a nap ...and a bonghit

Sir,after a few hits on a bong i find the taste gets tainted,thats why one should always stick with the blazing Chalice,having a nap now.
April 20, 2006 02:52PM
inna buckingham palace
April 20, 2006 08:21PM
Can y'all please persuade Queen Elizabeth II to sing back up vocals, dressed in a thong bikini and with a basket of fruit on her head, during the Pope's closing duet with Sizzla???

Now that would be sweet.

Queen Elizabeth II
Buckingham Palace
London, England

Elizabeth, my name is Richard Donovan, please, call me Rick. The year was 1983. It had been raining, and you'd just given an address at Mission Santa Barbara. Phillip and Nancy were riding in the limousine, beside you. I was standing alone on a street corner. You passed by...time stopped, our eyes met, you smiled and waved to me.

I sensed you were reaching out to me, but Elizabeth, please understand, I was entangled in a messy separation. It wasn't my time. Besides, I'm not familiar with the protocol when a reining Monarch is flirting with me.

Sure its been a few years, but my CONFIDENCE is back. I'm ready to take charge of my life. Elizabeth, I'm ready to commit. I pray you still feel the same. I'm 57 years old and time is running out for both of us.

We could meet at Mel's Fish and Chips, on my birthday, August 13. They know me there,(I can get us a corner booth). Are there any scheduling conflicts on your end? I've already moved a practice with my bowling league. Let me know.

I'll be waiting by the phone.
Rick

Richard Donovan
2127 Lagoon Circle Drive
Avalon, CA
123-666-1313
April 20, 2006 11:33PM
tv man wrote:

> Can y'all please persuade Queen Elizabeth II to sing back up
> vocals, dressed in a thong bikini and with a basket of fruit on
> her head, during the Pope's closing duet with Sizzla???
>
> Now that would be sweet.

I would SO pay NOT to see that...
Elizabeth II Regina Brittannia
April 20, 2006 11:38PM
Rick, darling, I tried calling you but your phone number doesn't work. Please e-mail me at: queen@buckinghampalace.gov.uk and we can talk about where to meet. I got my teeth cleaned today just for you dear Rick.
Love and Empire,
Liz
April 21, 2006 09:31AM
Yo Liz baby doll,
Sounds like you finally got all your **** in one sock.
They say it's your birthday...well, happy birthday to you.
Are you going to a party party?
Love with milk and cookies
Rev. Ricky D.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login