JA (& reggae) getting worldwide reputation
April 17, 2006 06:12PM
Re: JA (& reggae) getting worldwide reputation
April 17, 2006 06:15PM
its cool, 'cuz it a "cultural thing".
g mon g
April 17, 2006 06:29PM
discovery channel is sending out in the universe reggae music wave signal to see if aliens like it. not sure what time it will be on, but im sure they like jah roots. i geuss if you send a signal of jah first children chanting songs of praise aliens will respond. i know i would
garden of delights
April 17, 2006 06:59PM
...kind of reminds me of the pre civil rights era south.
April 17, 2006 08:21PM
This is too bbad, really too bad. This is not Rasta these are not the teachings of the Most High this si Screwface fooling men into hatred and violence.
April 17, 2006 10:32PM
wow..what a bunch of propaganda bullshit..only ones getting fooled are the people who believe time magazine racist propelled lies.

April 17, 2006 10:37PM
based on the fact that Jamaica has a fairly high murder rate across the board, I'd be willing to guess that anti-gay murders probably don't even compare in numbers to straight people getting murdered.

Dr. Suess (aka Ras James)
Irie Sounds International
April 17, 2006 10:54PM
There is never a truly balanced view and in general, hatred will be the folly.

Not surprised at all by the things Time has written, and really, they kind of deserve it.
BG
April 18, 2006 12:34AM
"I've started to feel like those reggae cats who come to America on tour, spreading Afro-centric messages like "Back to Africa" and "Kill whitey", and the only people who show up to their concerts are 50-year-old hippies and latte-sipping WTO protestors who don't hear anything beyond "one love" and "legalize it". ~Dave Chapelle in his 'Letter to white people'
April 18, 2006 03:17AM
Time magazine has it's agendas; if bashing Jamaica by citing examples of homophobic behavior on the island, it's not in itself an exaggeration.
And if this means those tourists who are gay avoid JA, from what I know of the population this would be welcomed.
April 18, 2006 04:53AM
Oh. just send em all to hedonism. There, i would think that everyone be welcomed. Although for me, i love all!
April 18, 2006 05:58AM
BG do you really believe Chappelle wrote that?
IV as much as you distrust TIME, I don't believe it's primarily a racial issue. The victims are usually as black and Jamaican as the killers.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login