Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pato Banton & Half Pint 4/28th

Posted by Indigo 
Indigo
Pato Banton & Half Pint 4/28th
April 17, 2006 10:23PM
Pato Banton, and Half Pint have a show goin at the Independent on 4/28th next week. The Independent is on Divisadero and grove in the city....tickets are 20 bucks..hopefully, pato makes this show and doesnt flake out or whatever happened at the Bob marley day!! See ya there,

Love n Light~
Re: Pato Banton & Half Pint 4/28th
April 17, 2006 10:54PM
Pato nah flake mon !!!!!!!!!!!! Pato is one of the most consistant
conscious up-vibes presence on the international sound-scape.

You know not of what you talk when you say Pato flake. Many
things gwan in this business of music. Nuff promoto have premature
issue. Nuff other contingency arise such as sickness, family
situations, legalisms & vampirisms etc.

An apology is in order.
<><><><>
Ovah
Re: Pato Banton &amp; Half Pint 4/28th
April 17, 2006 11:02PM
Apparently Pato is playing in Petaluma at the Phoenix early next month. Not with Half Pint though, info I got was some band called Sol Horizon was opening. Heard the name around a lot but still haven't heard them. If tickets are cheap I may go to it. Peace

Dr. Suess (aka Ras James)
Irie Sounds International
junior831
April 17, 2006 11:12PM
Santa Cruz 4/29 at the Catalyst
Indigo
April 17, 2006 11:19PM
well if you can read..i said hopefully if he doesnt flake..then i went onto say"or whatever happened" cause he did not show up for the bob marley day festy and a couple other things he has been booked for in previous!!! sorry to offend you soo deeply!! at least im spreadin the vibe and tellin people about the show....think about it ya??

love n light~
April 17, 2006 11:34PM
Ok Indigo we cool. Thanx for spreading the word
<><><><>
Ovah
Pato Banton & Half Pint
April 19, 2006 07:50AM
Greetings & nuff blessings, all the way from Los Angeles.

Just wanted to let you know that I'm here rehearsing with the DUB CATS and that Half Pint flies in today.

Secondly, I can totally understand peoples frustrations when an artist is billed to perform on a show and doesn't turn up. Especially when promotors don't inform the public about what's going on. (and trust me, 9 times out of 10, promotors know way in advance)

And lastly, in 26 years of touring the world and spreading The Word, I have only ever cancelled 1 tour and that was due to medical issues and band politics.

In the past I have toured with broken bones, a slipped disc, laringitis, during and after a nervous breakdown and during times when two of my sons were hospitalized because of a drive by shooting.

Anyway, I'm here now and look forward to seeing you soon.

One Love Always - Pato Banton

April 19, 2006 09:23AM
And that is why I check for this forum..
pale ryder
April 19, 2006 09:37AM
Pato, I saw you perform at a free concert at Sonoma State University back in the late 90's. I was impressed by your professionalism and the positive vibe you and your band brought to the place. Ya large Pato......
April 19, 2006 09:49AM
Pato thanks for coming down to Santa Cruz & doing the benefit for Rogelio...
jb welda
April 19, 2006 11:52AM
if i actually thought pato would respond i would ask if hes seen his old buddy ranking roger lately? pato and roger a go talk was one of my early favorites. that "mad professor captures" was another heavy hitter.

one love
jah bill
April 19, 2006 11:53AM
Pato responded to an e-mail I sent fairly quickly JB. If he doesn't respond on the board I'm sure he'd respond over e-mail. Peace

Dr. Suess (aka Ras James)
Irie Sounds International
jb welda
April 19, 2006 11:57AM
thanks ras james; i wasnt saying he wouldnt respond but in the past when music people have posted on message boards theyve just done so once and then they are gone. it would be nice to see some dialogue but i can understand if he is too busy to deal with it.

one love
jah bill
Indigo
Re: Pato Banton &amp;amp; Half Pint 4/28th
April 19, 2006 12:36PM
Good to hear the RAS is in CA for sure!! Cant wait for the show, and see you all hopefully there or in rasta cruz!
~Ites
RasFelipe
April 19, 2006 06:37PM
Pato, when you come to New York?!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JAH bless
RasFelipe
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login