Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

here is what i'm talking about

Posted by jb welda 
jb welda
here is what i'm talking about
April 18, 2006 04:49PM
Tickets now on sale at Dub Vendor for Sunday 30th April at Brixton Rec Centre: King Stur-Gav with U Roy, Sugar Minott, Josey Wales, General Trees, Ranking Joe + Brigadier Jerry.

one love
jah bill
trinpro
Re: here is what i'm talking about
April 18, 2006 05:00PM
Do you still want to throw down to do a similar set here in the Bay?

I'm game. Respect, -MK
The man
April 18, 2006 05:07PM
You going then Bill? Last month when I went to see Sugar Minott in Homerton, London he was playing a dance in Clarendon, Jamaica.

Reel
April 18, 2006 05:11PM
wicked lineup. To throw a set like this could cost you about 10-12 g's, roughly.
jb welda
April 18, 2006 05:32PM
trinity send me an email.

one love
jah bill
jb welda
April 18, 2006 05:40PM

one love
jah bill

April 18, 2006 06:37PM
Now this would be a great event !!

Little too far for me to squeeze out to, but to those who attend, have a great one!!

One love
be well
eric v
April 18, 2006 07:39PM

To throw a set like this could cost you about 10-12 g's, roughly.

You serious? Can't imagine those artists demanding US$2k each for a sound system performance.

jb welda
April 18, 2006 07:41PM
there is this little business with a place to hold it, a decent system, all that stuff that he is probably including. and you probably have to fly them out here and put them up.

thats whats called "keepin it real".

one love
jah bill
April 18, 2006 07:58PM
you're a sad, pathetic little man.

April 18, 2006 08:04PM
yeah JB you know. Between food, plane tickets, accomadations, collie, alcohol, venue, flyers(promo), sound system(if ya don't have one), etc. These things can add up fast. Unfortunately from past experiences, I think it is very hard to make or even break even when you throw a show like this in CA. Ya see, in UK people know that soundsystems rule the dance, no stage show w/ a band. People over there seem to be very willing to pay $40 to see a show like this. We tried a similar event back in 2002? that was a pocket killer. Albeit, the weather wasn't the greatest that night, but it would've taken a lot more than that to keep me away from a show like that. Fans here just don't seem to have the dunza to pay ticket price for soundsystem events, sad to say. It makwes it very hard to bring more than a few artists to one event here in CA. Still by far, Mash Down Babylon was one of my most memorable events to witness, as well as be a part of. Seeing Sugar, Sammy, Triston, Joe and CArlton all together was just wicked. Would love to try to put another one together of that magnatude, but just can't afford to take a loss like last time. If anyone ever wants to help sponsor such events, we have a lot of ideas to mash up the area. Please email to let me know if there is ever anyone interested out there. One LOve
jb welda
April 18, 2006 09:14PM
thanks for the view from your world chimino, four walls around your room at your moms place.

one love
jah bill
jb welda
April 18, 2006 09:18PM
yes king that show at studio z was the best. i was surprised not more showed up but as you say (and i dont think its the dunza) this sort of thing doesnt draw many people sometimes. maybe more promo was needed or even some after-marketing of a video or cd or something to make up for the lack of attendance. i know i and the people i went with had a great time.

wjust@dgweb.com if you want to talk offline about future things.

one love
jah bill
Dr Lifty Lu
April 19, 2006 12:39AM
JB & Chimino: I know a guy with an Octagon y'all can probably use.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login