April 20, 2006 11:55AM
Trinity Productions Presents:

The SoundV.I.zion Showcase with

Batch, Ras Attitude & The Zioniers
w/ Green-Up Sound

Wednesday May 10th
Moes Alley, Santa Cruz

Friday May 12th
Caspar Inn, Mendocino Coast (Peach Tree Productions)

Saturday May 13th
Mazzottis, Arcata

Additional dates to be announced.

Check [www.soundvizionrecords.com] for additional details.

Respect, MK

Re: Batch & Ras Attitude West Coast Bound
April 20, 2006 12:01PM
this just in: Batch & Ras Attitude VS Warrior King ...select dates across cali
trinpro
April 20, 2006 12:06PM
Big week for reggae in Rasta Cruz:

5/10: Batch & Attitude
5/11: Warrior King
5/12: Wailing Souls
5/13: Groundation

Nuff love and respect to all the artists and promoters.

Whole lip of we inna this a family -MK

jb welda
April 20, 2006 12:36PM
are they going to be at the independent too? that place has nice sound. ive never been to moes but it doesnt sound all that inviting.

one love
jah bill
trinpro
April 20, 2006 12:46PM
JB...

Moes is an great Santa Cruz venue that holds 250-300.

The sound at Moes is solid and the smaller venue and low stage tends to create a very intimate vibe between the crowd and the performers.

Batch and Attitude will not touch the Independent this time around, but there is a strong possibility of a Berkeley show.

Some dates are still firming up, and any promoters who want to link a date in their home market should reach out quick.

It would not suprise me to see an SF show surface at some point this summer.

Respect, -MK

Indigo
April 20, 2006 04:44PM
Many ises!! Glad to see the bredren coming back around...would not miss it!
Love n Light~
HIGHPRAISE
April 20, 2006 05:58PM
Oh you lucky people from tha North ...
g mon g
April 20, 2006 08:34PM
my hometown is gonna be crunk, APR. 21, 2006 @ The Complex...MEMPHIS TN.
we never get much roots. to bad i can't be there to indulge
deecee
April 20, 2006 10:37PM
Mike ... call me when you have the time
April 21, 2006 08:51AM
Mike, link me up when you have a chance

Thanks much

Onelove
eric v
April 21, 2006 01:01PM
Nuff love for Ras Attitude. Be on the lookout for a forthcoming album from Ras Attitude on Royal Inity Records.

Haven't forgot about you either Eric. We're probably going to get both of them to come by us between the 10th and 12th shows. Link me for dubs.

fourtwentyplenty

fourtwentyplenty
April 21, 2006 04:53PM
Moes is a great place, nuff irie vibes in tha place, and i like the smallness of it. Indepent is good too, hopefully they might book there as well..

Jah Guide~
trinpro
April 21, 2006 05:03PM
We're working on the SF angle as we speak.

Look out for additional SoundV.I.zion West Coast dates to be announced very soon.

Respect, MK

Batch, Attitude & Afyah on the village stage at SNWMF '05
April 21, 2006 05:46PM
>now i know why all the commnication break down.
seems sumbody has been sitting on 'sum' dates*

-RASpects+
Ima
April 23, 2006 07:12AM
Greetings Massive;

Here's a Sound Vizion Tour review of what's to come to the West Coast in May.
Sent in by NIGHT TIMES NEWS
[nighttimes.com]

A Righteous Expression of Inity (a.k.a Unity) / Night Times News, St.Louis, Missouri.
By Aldo Fonticiella 4/9/2006 7:44:46 PM

Have you ever wanted to put a splif up while you kick back and enjoy livity pulsating from a live band’s instruments right here in the heart of Babywrong? Bring your lighters because Jah love is alive and well here in the gateway city, St. Louis. Providing sanctuary to such gracious guests like the Zioniers featuring Batch and Ras Attitude with special guests Master Chan and Messenjah Selah one can tell that righteousness has no borders.
When entering Club Viva, the first thing that struck I was the healing of the nation as the Zioniers and company pull the vibes with no hesitation, trust that. Viva is small venue that presents reggae in a very intimate or in real estate terms, “cozy.” The P.A. is the on the dance floor in front of the foot-high stage. The acoustics are the kind that can even make Bose Speakers jealous.
DJ Baba, a STL local, took to the booth around 10:30, setting the stage for what was about to be one of greatest reggae events that ever trod about St. Louis as Jah children arrived to come together and promote I heights. There were even of couple STL reggae personalities in attendance: Professor Skank (on Saturdays at 88.1 fm from 8-10pm) and King C-Los (also on Saturday from 10- midnight on 920 am).
By 11:00, The Zioniers began to pull the vibes, introducing us to Messenjah Selah a young Rasta full of heart and energy. The kind of artist that one can find security in the fact roots rock reggae will still be here in full effect long into the future with phrases like “you can’t keep the fire from blazing, you can’t keep the locks from growing.” Selah lets the crowd know early on that our interaction is a must setting precedent for this most fully interactive of experiences. He is currently promoting his new self-titled album [Sound V.I. Zion Records]. It did not take long before Ras Attitude was skanking in amongst I N I.
After warming the crowd for the first few songs, Selah made way for Master Chan who started of his set by giving praises to His Imperial Majesty, Haile Selassie I. Pulling the crowd in with the positive vibrations characteristic to roots reggae, this man is strong and confident delivering the message of Rastafari without censure or hesitation. Once Master Chan closed his set with a message wishing I N I “love, peace, and joy,” there were plenty of places to sit but hardly any room at all on the dance floor.
Now the crowd was hot and it was time for the Rasta powerhouse duet Batch and Ras Attitude to take the stage. Ras Attitude’s fiery ragamuffins and Batch’s mellow cool chants work together so balanced deliveries of a message consciousness blessing us with songs like “Up Liftment”, and “Love and Peace” about the greatness that can be achieved with the grace of Jah love;”Mind Control” a song that had Ras Attitude jumping up on top of the speakers and brought Selah back out for a couple verses reminding us of attempts that Babylon makes to confuse I N I from the truth; “Royal Bless” reminds us that we are of royalty and that women should be treated as the queens that they are. Ras Attitude said, “With out a queen there can be no king.” ; “Healing” is definitely a smoker’s anthem that calls to “Free up the healing of the nation,” as Batch put it; and “Smile” will help you get irie in no time flat, guarantee.
As for the Zioniers, they were amazing. They played for entire show only stopping for a-cappellas and rebel teachings. There is no question why so many refer to the Zioniers as legendary, composed of four Rastas, each whose physical presence almost bears the image of the conquering lion. Ras Ibendego is the hype man, guitar, and keyboards, Ras Ibeshee on the bass, Ras Sunny on keyboards, and Ras Kwami on the drums. These are great examples of Caribbean artistes that deliver the peaceful teachings of Jah Rastafari. Their show is definite must see for any reggae enthusiast, or anybody who wants to know what roots rock reggae is all about.
April 23, 2006 05:25PM
portland date would be nice, Ras?

"It takes a whole village to raise a child" African Proverb
April 24, 2006 09:16PM
Dis 'ere a Bumpa wit Attitude!!!!!!!!!!

BUMPA

Christopher
April 24, 2006 10:55PM
Excellent shot Christopher..

I love how you can see the reflection of the Monterrey pines and crowd in Attitude's shades. Keep up the works. Respect, MK

Ima
April 29, 2006 02:09AM

BATCH , RAS ATTITUDE AND THE ZIONIERS

MAY. 10, 2006 @ Moe's Alley....SANTA CRUZ, CA.
MAY. 11, 2006 @ Ashkenaz......BERKELEY, CA.
MAY. 12, 2006 @ Caspar Inn....MENDOCINO, CA.
MAY. 13, 2006 @ Mazzottis......ARCATA, CA
MAY. 18, 2006 @ T.B.A..........SEATTLE, WA.
MAY. 20, 2006 @ Club 6........SAN FRANCISCO, CA.
JUNE 03, 2006 @ Summer Arts and Music Festival. Mateel Community Center ...…….Benhow Lake, HUMBOLDT,CA
May 02, 2006 12:06PM
People Are you ready?

May 02, 2006 12:41PM
Yep!! see you all at Moes next week!
Bless~

~Love Jah and Live~
May 02, 2006 01:50PM
his latest works is real solid ... esp that track let jah be praised
May 02, 2006 02:55PM
I saw Ras Attitude and Batch at the Monterey Bay Reggae fest last year and was very impressed. I picked up their CDs and was even more impressed. I'm really sorry that they don't appear to be scheduled for Portland.

Jah Jah power endureth for i-ver.
May 03, 2006 04:42PM

Batch and Ras Attitude in Seattle with an epic Jesse Watson piece in the background. Respect, MK
May 04, 2006 10:00AM
Tune into Joy in the Morning at 10:30 am PT for an interview with Batch and Ras Attitude and a chance to win tickets to the show at Moes Alley in Santa Cruz next Wednesday night on May 10th.

Stream here:
[www.kzsc.org]

May 04, 2006 10:11AM
greetings everyone...
I dont really know Ras attitude's music at all, but I have all of Batch!! I think his solid works are Who you Are, all of the tracks are great!! Looking forward to both of the bredren performance next wednesday!

Bless!

~Love Jah and Live~
May 05, 2006 12:43PM
Indigo..

You should grab all of Ras Attitudes works..Happiness, Love Life and Holding Firm.

I would start with "Love Life" from SoundV.I.zion Records, produced by Batch.

You can listen to sound samples here:

[www.vireggae.com]

See you at Moes next Wednesday night. Respect, MK

May 05, 2006 12:45PM

Just give me the spliff, just give me the joint,
You're likely to see my point,
Good Kali Herb, I must get annointed...

May 05, 2006 12:57PM
hope he didnt take tree climbing lessons from keith richards!

one love
jah bill
May 05, 2006 01:21PM
Give thanks trinity,
Irie~

~Love Jah and Live~
May 07, 2006 12:56PM
Ras Attitude @ Poor House, Charleston, S.C.

Photo credit: That Reggae Woman

May 09, 2006 09:55AM
Tune into "Radiowaves" on KZSC from 9 -12 this morning for some crucial selections and a chance to win tickets to see Batch and Ras Attitude at Moes Alley tomorrow night on Wednesday, May 10th.

Streaming now: [www.kzsc.org]

May 09, 2006 01:05PM
Greetings..
does the I know who is opening up for them 2morow?? will it be Fikir Amlak??
give thanks~

~Love Jah and Live~
May 09, 2006 01:17PM
Greetngs Indigo.

Santa Cruz's very own Green-Up Sound will be opening the show tomorrow night, as well as Saturday night in Humboldt County.

Roots selector Swami I will be setting the vibe with nuff VI dubplates, so make sure you reach early.

Respect, MK

Stamina...I'll be seeing you in the place.
May 10, 2006 12:57PM
Looking fwd Mike...can't believe I won a ticket, I just called the station to make a request...this show will have the vibes...
May 10, 2006 01:08PM
you have to win a ticket herb? hell i thought they let you in that place just on your good looks!

one love
jah bill
May 10, 2006 02:14PM
No jb, but sometimes they let me thru the gate despite my good looks...
May 26, 2006 05:32PM
MAY. 26, 2006 @ Club M.........LAGUNA BEACH, CA.
MAY. 27, 2006 @ World Beat Center.........SAN DIEGO, CA
MAY. 28, 2006 @ World Beat Center.........SAN DIEGO, CA.
JUNE 03, 2006 @ Summer Arts and Music Festival. Mateel Community Center ...…….Benhow Lake, HUMBOLDT,CA
JUNE 06, 2006 @ Zenbu Lounge......LAKE TAHO, CA.
JUNE 17, 2006 @ Juneteenth Freedom Festival........MACON, GA.
May 26, 2006 07:29PM
See ya tonight Club M .. Who's goin ?
May 26, 2006 07:32PM
Curious about this venue . Seems a little much . Full night club status dress ta impress etc...
May 26, 2006 08:17PM
[www.versionist.com]
a short sample of Ras Attitude over the Lead di Way riddim. Full tune will be available soon. Peace

Dr. Suess (aka Ras James)
Irie Sounds International
May 26, 2006 08:59PM
...anyone know who is promoting the Tahoe show... I'm guessing its part of the Oneness Sound deal since its on a tuesday???

Respect Same Way
May 26, 2006 10:06PM
The calendar for the Tahoe venue's website does not mention the show...

...and neither does the WBC's website with regards to dem playing there on the 27th, only on the 28th...
May 26, 2006 10:48PM
just got an e-mail from Mekada. she said they are only playing sunday...

We Are Creatures Of Love, and Victims Of Hate.
Ziggy Marley
May 26, 2006 11:35PM
Give thanx bredren
May 27, 2006 10:32AM
guess they haven't beev updating their tour schedule on their website...

I couldn't go last night- How is that venue?- Club M? It Does seem like an unlikely place for shows
May 27, 2006 12:29PM
Disaster ! Straight up ... Tha venue was cool, not to much . Me and my girl made tha 40 min. drive into Laguna Beach a little skeptical of what we might find ,and we found it .. When we walk in its quiet , people just standin around with no music . Hhmm .. Yes tha classic sound problems with tha DJ . They finally get it up and running ,but have problems all night . Ok we try ta stay positive . Tha opener comes on ( Rebel Soul or somethin) and there not to bad . Some covers and some originals .. They end at about 11 or so .. By now tha corniest ,spring break , Laguna Beach party is in full effect . Beach balls in tha audience , Drunks making out , video cameras everywhere pushin girls ta do things etc. So we try ta stay positive and go outside for a break .. We come back in and push our way through tha madness to tha front ta wait , thinkin any time now since its about midnight . Tha drunk promoter comes on and says tha famous words , " Batch ,Attitude and tha Zioneers are lost somewhere on Pacific Coast Hwy." So we wait .At this time Members from tha first band come on and start ta improvise . Corney Bob covers ,steel pulse etc.. People start leaving and we wait until they call last call at about 1:15 .. We loose faith and decide ta leave . When we reach tha bottom of tha stairs and walk outside who do we see , Batch and some band members . I walk up ta Batch and tell him people are leaving and they have already called last call . He seems surprised and rushes in . We follow . They hurry on and start . They seemed rushed and tha sound is ,eeh, not bad . Wait ! Where's Attitude ? Batch says he has business in St. Croix . St.Croix ? Is'nt he from Virginia or somethin . Anyways tha crowd is tired and down ta about 30 -40 or so . Bless Batch for still givin it his all . Positive and crucial as usual . Went till about 2 .. There it is . Tha Club M show . 15 bucks ,alot of wait and dealin with nasties ..
May 27, 2006 12:58PM
damn i live 2 plus hors from that place. i'd be twice as upset as your being i have to travel 4 hours to see a 40 minute set w/ no attitude. i wonder if attitude is going to be at WBC tomorrow....

im kind of skeptic about going at all seeing how SD is 2 1/2 hours each way...

We Are Creatures Of Love, and Victims Of Hate.
Ziggy Marley
May 27, 2006 01:21PM
Who knows tha real deal but i would think tha WBC shows should be good . Will Attitude be there thats tha question . Ta think i used ta just want an all Batch show ,but now i miss Attitude's energy and that smile smiling smiley Probably should take tha chance and do it . Thats it for us in So Cal ..
May 27, 2006 02:10PM
"....spring break , Laguna Beach party is in full effect . Beach balls in tha audience , Drunks making out , video cameras everywhere pushin girls ta do things etc..."

arrgh-that's kind of what I'm afraid of when I hear of shows in in places like Newport, Redondo-was hoping Laguna would be a bit different. guess i didn't miss much... Just can't imagine why there wasn't an LA venue that would book them-must be...
May 27, 2006 02:35PM
Pictures from Club Six show ... room was full ... the band was tight ... they played from 1AM - 3:30AM with no break ... true workhorses ... the crowd was chanting for more, but the club owner had to close up ... get ready for Binghi Ghost with full band on June 17th ...

May 27, 2006 03:05PM
Thats what i've been sayin garden .. WHY NO LA SHOWS ?? I can't believe no promoters are down .. I put a request ta Dub Club to no prevail . Long Beach would be Perfect . Huge Ras scene .. Like Ras Danny said someone has ta step up .. I dont know if i have tha re$ources but im checkin into it .. I Grade family on tha west coast in July .. Will see . Keep ya fingers crossed .. Oh yea sure DeeCee rub it in winking smiley
May 27, 2006 03:11PM
One more thang .. If anyone from tha soundvizion camp happens ta read this there was a packed house and much anticipation but like i said after 1 or so , tha last call shout and tha announcement of being lost , people lost faith and started leaving ... Oh well .. Forward ----------------->
May 28, 2006 12:35PM
Bless! yo i was also at club m, FYAH BUN DAT PLACE! waited all night with a bunch of drunk yuppies from LAGUNA "THE REAL O.C." STRAIGHT UP, THERE AINT NO PLACE FOR RASTA THERE. me and my queen also waited till bout 12:45
than left, dat place is wack. i saw bambu there not to long ago, same setting, very disrespectful in mine eye. If the V.I. artist are reading this, skip this place! move forward to the next RAS, where raspect comes first. Batch at the worldbeat tonight! c yall there.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login