Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

dreadstock 2004

Posted by john dillinger 
john dillinger
dreadstock 2004
June 23, 2004 09:20PM
greetings to everyone, nice show up at sierra nevada, lots of good food and shopping and good vibes.
want to let everyone know to come and check the dreadstock fest in september, putting together a festival is much hard work and drama, but i am hopeful it will go well and be another option for folks to come and enjoy the music.
me and the few cats promoting this fest are no one special, just some fans trying to make a cool thing happen, there is no perfect way or pre-set template to making a festival win and jump right from the start, i do give thanks to all the folks who have asked how they can help and shown love like mysticlion and others...
this stilll continues to be one of the few genres of anything creative where people can put together something from scratch and make positive changes in the world, i am going to learn the game of sponsorship as best i can, where a ton of hats and try to bring the nicest show wherebey folks can check earthdance, dreadstock and reggae in the park as a finale to summer of 2004...
forward, john dillinger
Re: dreadstock 2004
June 24, 2004 12:24AM
I can help too if you want (artwork - webwork) - let me know if you need some (free) help - dubguy@dubimagery.com

Hope to make it - the lineup looks really good!
sisterlil
June 24, 2004 05:28AM
Thank you John,
We are going to be there and we are going to be bringing our 13 year old and one of her friends for a first time fest.. It should be wonderful.. Thank you..
Jah Bless,
Sisterlil
john dillinger
June 24, 2004 01:21PM
looking forward sisterlil, dreadstock will certainly be an all ages event and kids can feel light and easy there, my daughter is 10 years old andd one of the reasons i felt so inspired to jump into this wild rolller-coaster ride of festival promotion...
i do believe the roots community has a great deal of conciousness and self regulation, folks generally know how to have discretion check the vibe and know that certtain things can vibe right at one festival and at another, folks ease up and show discretion...
the beauty of all this is no one of us needs some hardcore figure in blue to come barreling towards anyone making commands, rather we are a minimal liability community in this often crazy world...
sincere and respect, john dfillinger
June 24, 2004 02:10PM
Greetings,
How do I find out more about this fest?
Peace
john dillinger
June 25, 2004 08:23AM
dreadstock.com
give thankssmiling smiley
June 25, 2004 10:52AM
yo john keep upz the great worx! stay inna touch -RASpects+
June 25, 2004 12:15PM
when and where is this going to jump off?
john dillinger
June 26, 2004 12:04AM
CHECK WWW.DREADSTOCK.COM
much updates and good vibes to come, cyant keep a good vibe down, y'all dig?
jahmmek and others, thank you much for vibe, we gonna put on a nice show, king david from oakland has a special surprise coming from new york... smiling smiley
June 26, 2004 03:38AM
I like surprises!
June 28, 2004 04:02PM
John,

Please contact me at the above.

Thanks,
Mike
UREEK-A-DUB
June 29, 2004 02:47PM
Can't wait to check out this fest!! Great act like RESINATION, Prez. Brown, Dubwize etc... Will be there for sure! When does RESINATION play, Sat or Sun. Time?
john dillinger
June 29, 2004 09:37PM
we are figuring out all the play-times and so forth for bands and artists, dj's, etc... it is a cool line-up when i think of mix of cali scene, roots legends and hawaii vibe, i am working hard on sponsors so everything paid right for proper infrastructure and all that...
anyone who can help with sponsors and directing quality and original vendors, much thanks!
sincere, john dillinger
jbwelda
June 30, 2004 09:22AM
john: if you want someone to run a recording setup, let me know. have equipment, will travel.

wjust@dgweb.com
pale ryder
July 02, 2004 03:35PM
John,
Thanks for your hard work in putting on dreadstock. I am looking forward to it. It was also good to see you at the fest, I think it had been a year since i saw you at last year's fest. Take care and see you at the show.....Steve's friend... Chad
July 04, 2004 08:34AM
Is HUMBLE SOUL still going to be playing at dreadstock? I am coming all the way from east coast to enjoy the vibes. Sounds like the most crucial festival this year. I like the up and coming vibes myself. No sell out sounds. Can't wait to see Dubwize again (great @ SNWMF) , and Mikey Dread again. Thanks to who is organizing / promoting this festival. You need to do some works on the east coast. BLESS, jaypale ryder wrote:

July 04, 2004 09:27PM
MUSICIANS,.. ARE YOU STILL LOOKING FOR ANY?
MAINLY KILLER GUITARIST/WRITER,.. LIKE EAST COASTS DAVE SWEET?
LET ME KNOW IF ANY SPOTS OPEN.
GROOVY
July 05, 2004 09:55AM
That is looking good fo a first year festival. Nice lineup and location. Wish I was still out in California to take part.
Good Luck
greatful
July 07, 2004 05:14PM
Very much looking forward to Dreadstock 2004. Especially looking forward to the nice artist line-up and International DJ SupaMario holding it tight in between. He is an awesome masterful concert DJ.
One Love.

jjlab3
July 07, 2004 05:38PM
Right on. More Norcal Reggae. I will be there. Lot's of up and coming artists.
Midnite dread
July 13, 2004 01:57PM
YES I, the line up looks great! I saw Mikey Dread and Resination together in Fairfax a while back and they were both absoulutley amazing! When will the line up be posted? Will Mikey and RESINATION be playing the same day? I also heard Midnite might be added on the bill! True?
jbwelda
July 13, 2004 02:22PM
i heard there were some major issues with mikey dread in fairfax, but i guess the show went on.

midnite dread: are you doug wendt?

one love
jah bill
July 13, 2004 02:41PM
What happened? He kept stopping the show because of the sound?
July 13, 2004 03:15PM
He's done that at Sierra Nevade too...
jbwelda
July 13, 2004 03:22PM
im not talking about minor annoyances like stopping the show because of the sound. i wasnt there so anything i say would be second hand. maybe someone who was there can chime in with some reality. regardless i hear there was a big scene before or after the show.

one love
jah bill
July 13, 2004 04:18PM
Yeah, Mikey Dread called and went off on my voice mail one time at like eight in the morning because he got pissed at me about something regarding last year's Sierra Nevada festival. He's weird. He called like 3 months later to go off on me. My first impression of him was really good, but after that happened I wasn't quite certain he's altogether there. Ya know what I mean.
July 13, 2004 04:45PM
Yeah, he flipped out on a radio DJ friend because he didn't have one of his songs on his playlist. Called him up and left a NASTY message.

He is a puss.
July 13, 2004 05:21PM
Yeah, that sounds like what he did with me. I guess we're all getting a good picture of him eh...? He really does have some great accomplishments as far as music and education, but he's weird.
J
July 17, 2004 08:42PM
hey hey, who all is going to the fest "dredstock 2004" ? maybe i can see those who i missed at SNWMF. Its Jacquie by the way, i know it has been a while. I will be at the fest, and i shall try once more to meet you all.
Jah Bless
-Jacquie
July 18, 2004 04:21AM
j - you left us hanging at snwmf. you said you were going to post on wednesday when and where to meet. wha'happen?
J
July 26, 2004 11:24AM
i dont know, i guess i was too excited to do anything, plus it was boring saying the same thing over and over.

July 27, 2004 01:26PM
Sunday should be decent, with Carlton Livingston, Sammy Dread & Jr Demus.
July 28, 2004 10:30AM
john where ya been? how tings a gwan? keep inna touch -RASpects+
July 29, 2004 05:37AM
Greetings John
I just talked to Dennis and left you a message call me asap I need flyers and/or posters for this area and much more,,,,,,
Let's talk soon
Got a freebee for Dreadstock,,,,
One Love
Allan Camillo
e-mail or call me !!!!!
August 10, 2004 01:05AM
greetings everyone,
mikey dread a good man, just got to remember the man started playing reggae music on he JBC in the 1970's when reggae music was still very much frowned upon and much heat inna 'city of god' style fought that brotha on every front for forwarding the vibe to his own folks in jamaica...
the fact the man alive and able to talk is mad respect given just aoubt every nice singer and dj from the golden era has passed on, lacksley castell, hugh mundell, dennis brown, garnett silk, tosh and so forth, the man created reggae radio and many friends are gone, the music is very personal and any weird or bad vibe from mikey should be taken with a grain of salt...
chimino, glad you like the selection of junior "dem wrong" demus, sammy dread and carlton livingston, ranking joe as well as a few surpirses coming out of retirement....
much love to everyone on this board for being who you are and a place i can come to reason, much love to sierra folks for keeping the boards up, allen, call me at home and everyone else feel free to e-mail me, we just some regular folks from vallejo who dig y'all so much
sincere, john dillinger
sillysquirt
August 10, 2004 03:09AM
Is humble soul going to be playing like jaysutton asked? That would be ironic. It is almost impossible to see them here, in his own hometown!
August 10, 2004 09:56AM
silly squirt - you are from hawaii right? are you coming to dreadstock??
jbwelda
August 10, 2004 10:05AM
yes john, respect. report back afterward on the mikey dread thing. im not taking anything away from the guy and what hes done.

one love
jah bill
ureek-a dub
August 10, 2004 06:38PM
WHEN WILL THE LINE UP BE READY, (PLAY TIME FOR EACH ARTIST) CAN'T WAIT TO CHECK OUT DREAD STOCK!
RESPECT!
Sis April
August 10, 2004 06:48PM
What's up with Jr Toots (Zulu) lately? I saw the I with Red I and Soul Medic, supamario was there, super short show wher Junior got maybe 3 licks in.
Soul medic is rising! Igher Ites!
Blessed
August 10, 2004 07:36PM
You can check out Soul Medic's web site at:
[www.jahkebra.com]
ureek-a dub
August 10, 2004 09:42PM
II hop! s Resination still playing? if so, what day!
August 11, 2004 12:02AM
everyone is playing with some surprises as well, we are working on the lin-up now and having it so the show is rocking from 11am til sundown. had the nice vibes of having dinner with doug wendt of midnite dread this evening and shawn green a sound man to do site survey, the weather at the waterfront was so nice, we all kept chatting it up how nice it will be as twilight comes on each day...
sincere, john dillinger
and jah bill, mikey dread and them want to see a booth with pro tools whereby they can burn mini specials inna dubplate style for the crowd who want them, hit me at john_svc@hotmail.com
sillysquirt
August 11, 2004 12:08AM
off the subject but to answer question asked of me, yes Oahu it is with family from Molokai.
sillysquirt
August 11, 2004 12:09AM
Can people who can't get to the show get the burns of the concert?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login