Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Artist albums to buy

Posted by Zana 
Zana
Artist albums to buy
February 23, 2004 05:32PM
Hello,
I do not have a huge reggae music collection but it is growing. The only artist performing this year that I have a album of is Burning Spear. I would like to become familiar with the other like Ras Michael, Israel Vibration, Horace Andy, etc.
Can anyone recommend particular albums of these artists so I can buy them? I’m sure they are all great but I’d like to not be over whelmed by choices.
Thanks!
Zana
bun n cheese
Re: Artist albums to buy
February 23, 2004 05:36PM
Here are a couple to get you started.

IV - Same Song and Strength of My Life
Horace Andy - Skylarking and Good Vibes

Never checked Ras Michael, he is a Nyahbinghi player right?
I dont deal with them vibes too much.
i-visionary
February 24, 2004 01:03AM
i vibes----why you so craven and praises... also check out there new live album...and also On the Rock ....Free to move....they're all good.
February 24, 2004 02:27AM
Morgan Heritage
Beres Hammond
February 24, 2004 04:15AM
there is a book called the rough guide to reggae which has tons of history on jamaican music and also gives recomendations on the best albums from each individual artist in reggae. maybe not all but quite a few
Zana
February 24, 2004 04:39PM
Thanks for the info. I'll take everyone's advice. The rough guide book sounds very good too. I'll have to check that out.
There are some great places to buy music in the San Francisco and Berkeley. A lot of used CDs.
~Z
February 25, 2004 07:39PM
zana - you're right, amoeba and rasputin in berzerkly have a good selection. another great spot for reggae music (and he has hard to find stuff) is ebreggae.com.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login