Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

fest experience

Posted by JC 
JC
fest experience
June 24, 2004 04:11PM
good vibes: all bands thanks. dezarie and burning spear, gyros, cookies, rice crispy treats, #3 mt.shasta beer, water hose for showers.

Who was that rudeboy who jumped on stage and pushed all the staff around then tried pushing Burning Spear? Was he an artist and did he get beat up backstage? Things got a bit rough i still remember.

bad vibe: youth from sonoma snorting dust, wack and out of line. who ever took them or invited them, please talk to them and kick some sense into their domes.
Sis April
Re: fest experience
June 24, 2004 04:14PM
Yes man- there was so much pollution at this festival. I saw molly, crank, coke, nitrus, all kinds of nonsense and Ini wasn't even looking
GG
June 24, 2004 04:17PM
It's unfortunate but it's even worse at ROTR. Somehow I missed witnessing most of that mess. And as far as Sonoma kids go, most of them are trouble makers from my experience at festivals. Just come to snort stuff, cause trouble and shut down future festivals (like one of the Renegade fests no longer going cause of them). Wish they'd get a clue.
Zana
June 24, 2004 04:21PM
Did you see that girl Sat. night at the Drum Circle? She was so wasted it made me uncomfortable. I hope SNWMF doesn't get like how ROTR is getting (I've never been but I'm going off others comments)
There're other places for those who wish to sniff and snort chemicals.
GG
June 24, 2004 04:27PM
Zana...where was the drum circle (I always miss them and I'm a drummer!)? And what was the girl doing? I was where the guys drumming West African by their booth were but didn't notice anyone really messed up...just lots of dancing!
Sister Jen
June 24, 2004 04:44PM
Man, I didn't see any of that stuff. Good thing because it would have been a bummer to see. What is Molly?
Sister Jen
June 24, 2004 05:29PM
Oh yeah, those Sonoma youths SUCK BIG TIME!!! They really pissed me off at one of the Renegade Festivals.
JC
June 24, 2004 05:40PM
i think we were a bit to nice to them. when we got back to camp saturday to get some beer they were blasting our boom box without our permission and it wasn't reggae some wicked music. on suday, when we got back to camp, our tents were open and we were down to last two beers of the two 30packs we bought earlier at the 76station store. we didn't drink all that in half a day. im not saying it was them but after catching them snorting lines who else could've we have pointed to. We almost went after them but decided to maintain and didn't welcome them anymore into our area. how can someone go to a reggae world festival and get high on lines. dont get it at all. c'mon sonoma is that what your all about? i guess rural is rural.
Sister Jen
June 24, 2004 05:48PM
Man, that sucks!!! Irie that you kept your cool, but they are SO friggen disrespectful.
June 24, 2004 05:51PM
InI believe 'molly' is powdered 'e'.
InI heard of other pollutions a gwan at the fest...but snorting lines, crank???
Nah irie
June 24, 2004 05:51PM
andrew tosh was the guy.
JC
June 24, 2004 06:11PM
so it was Andrew Tosh, daaaamn. Homeboy started trippin. I think he beat up somebody or someone beat him up backstage. He should make an apology to all SNWMF goers if he wants respect in the future shows (e.i. ROTR). People will know.
Zana
June 24, 2004 06:11PM
Hey GG
The drum circle was outside the dancehall where the African drum vendor was, Saturday night. It was less of a drum circle and more of professional drummers making great traditional West African beats. There was a group of dancers that were doing traditional dances too. It was great!
But there was this messed up chick, and I mean messed up, that wouldn't dance to the side. You see the African Dancers had a thing going, all lined up taking turns in the front, all dancing the same dance. This messed up girl was so high that she didn't realize it. She was just swaying and stumbling around, getting in the other dancers way. She kept messing up their groove that they had to stop a bunch of times. Her top kept almost coming off too. I can only imagine what she was on. She was f*cked up!
sisterlil
June 24, 2004 06:40PM
Wow!!. that is to bad to hear about someone that wasted.. I really didn't see anything else going on but pure smoking... Wow!!. Where was I when all this was going on.. I am thankful that I had wonderful neighboors.. One of our neighboors actually lives 1 block away from us.. It was so cool to hook up and this was there first festival, so i know they had a the best time ever...
GG
June 24, 2004 08:53PM
Yes, Zana, we were at the same location Saturday night and now I remember who you are talking about. Of course I was dancing West African but on the hillside instead of in front of the drummers and wasn't paying quite as much attention. I do remember that woman fairly well though....there was a woman that pulled similar stuff Friday night too. It's just kind of sad and I feel embarrassed in a way for them that they don't have their senses about them. Sometimes it takes some growing though....I was a pretty big drinker in past years but I've mellowed out with age and experience and some humiliation at times. Perhaps it will be the same for some of these women. Now I realize how much fun I can have without getting completely blitzed. All we can do now is lead by example and hopefully they'll catch on. That's especially what I love about the West African scene...we come with respect for the drum and the music and for the most part stay sober (maybe some smoke but you know) and it's some of the hugest fun I've ever had without drinking! So maybe it was a good thing those women joined in...perhaps they'll be straight enough to fully participate in a few years by checking this example. Gosh Zana, I'm surprised I didn't notice your pretty face. Of course, it would've been easier had you been in belly dance garb or something! LOL! I was off to the side of the main dancers practicing some of my steps or doing what they were doing in front of the drummers...fun stuff!

PM dude
June 25, 2004 02:06AM
Yes, it was Andrew Tosh, high on hisself, yes to the nice west african riddems from Sageman's joint, who knows what the girl was on, at least it wasn't my toes, and bummer about the Sonoma fools. THey give all us hillbillies a bad name. I'm WAY rural, in 'The Juan', otherwise know as the other Emerald Triangle....We some Po-dunk mofos too, but......well whatever.....
Realist
June 25, 2004 11:07AM
just to let you guys know some if not most reggae acts from jamaica have been or are mixed up in crack. when crack cocaine was brought to jamaica, the jamaican's didn't know trhe dangers, a lot of the people got hooked real easy.
so to put it simple, a lot of these "dreads" all you guys praise are crack heads.
for example; a)in the late 80's Gregory Isaacs had to where a daiper becuase his addiction was so bad he'd **** his pants.
b) Tenor Saw (who was one of the best in dancehall, in my opinion) was shot in a Crack Deal gone bad, tryiung to score crack in Texas.

bottom line is nobody's perfect, not even rasta's or Jah
Zana
June 25, 2004 11:11AM
crack is whack
JC
June 25, 2004 11:44AM
i do not sniff the coke i just smoke sinsemilla!
jb welda
June 25, 2004 11:59AM
i thought tenor saw was run over in traffic in texas (as a result of some kind of deal).

gregory isaacs never that i know of had to wear a diaper, for chrissake. he has been known to have problems since the late 70s but nothing requiring a diaper. one thing about gregory: hes big enough to own up to what he does. read the liner notes in blood and fires release, mr isaacs. to paraphrase: q: what was the worst thing youve ever done? a: get mixed up in drugs business.

where do you get your info? and why do you feel it necessary to spread it around? i think everyone knows the stories. no one said any of these folks were angels.

one love
jah bill
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login