Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

sacto vegan taco truck in the news

Posted by jb welda 
jb welda
sacto vegan taco truck in the news
May 01, 2006 06:53PM
article in this weeks suckto news and review about how the city is going to start enforcing their ordinance on how "mobile kitchens" have to keep moving and not stay in one place more than 15 minutes if public property; and our city fathers are seeing fit to extend that to private property as well.

so they feature the vegan food wagon. and these guys start in on the racist thing and how all mobile kitchen owners are "of color" etc.

while there may be a bit of truth to this the real truth is that suckto has never supported people doing their own thing. not unless the city is getting $ for it. and the restaurant owners are complaining about the competition from mobile food people and of course all the yuckity yucks eat at all the fancy smanchy restaurants so you know whose side they are on.

my point is these guys dont have to trot out the race card; its well obvious to anyone who has lived in suckto for any time that anything that is edgy or seems to be making it without kissing certain a$$e$ or where it appears people are actually having non-city sponsored fun is not going to last. these guys should just recognize it for what it is: not racism just suckto-ism that faces anyone wanting to put on something unique. recent examples include joes style shop (shut down for too much fun), the all-ages venue junta (jerked around with code issues until they just pulled their license), feeding homeless in the park on sunday (too many dirty people embarrassing the city leaders evidently). the fact is if youre not a developer of high rise "trophy" suites on the order of 399,000 $ (for an APARTMENT mind you) or lots of cheaply made "mcmansions" out on the flood plain or something you can expect a fight.

if you want some other funny reading, search around for closing liquor stores in oak park. now *theres* some racism in action; rich folk are quite ok with having a liquor store in their hood, but just have some move to a ghetto because of cheap land values (used to be anyway) and all of a sudden you cannot buy a beer in the neighborhood anymore. and now that theyve succeeded in closing the liquor stores they want to run out the "unsightly" businesses like tire stores that have been in the neighborhood for decades, just so they dont have to look at people doing some actual work i guess.

heres the story on the kitchens:

[www.newsreview.com]

you have to dig around for articles on the other stuff i mention.

note: i generally do NOT endorse sacramento news and review or their stories for a number of reasons including first hand looks at how stories are not told completely; this is just for general info on what puts the "suck" into suckramento.

one love
jah bill
Re: sacto vegan taco truck in the news
May 01, 2006 08:19PM
Noone cares about that dirtwater town.

jb welda
May 01, 2006 09:14PM
as if you know what youre talking about, once again. thanks for playing. next.

one love
jah bill
May 02, 2006 04:45AM
bill you know I agree whole heartly "the Big Suckratomato"
their are things happin,, but no killer "Town Vibe"
but it's better than Woodland or Rio Linda or where I am crusing thru to the Bobolink Fest--------- Gridley!!!!!!!!!!
but not much better winking smiley
May 02, 2006 06:08AM
Chimino I'd rather swim in Folsom Lake than Lake Merritt any day. Where's the REAL 'dirtwater' town? winking smiley
May 02, 2006 02:49PM
Ya Sac has its downfalls but as in any town its up to the people to make it a better place and it does no one any good if all we do is sit around and bitch about the powers that be. there was once a time the city tried to run loaves and fishes out of town and we had to sue them. we won. if Kimba or Roots want to fight it let me know.
May 02, 2006 07:34PM
well then andee get yourself down to the city council meeting.

while youre there ask robbie waters what it is that makes him disrespect the law so much he usurps local and state laws and goes direct to the feds on certain recent issues. you might also ask him if he disrespects the law so much then how can he serve on the city council in good faith.

then you might hold up a map of silicone valley and ask those dolts if this is the "city plan" they are after because they sure are helping it come about in so many ways.

good luck to you.

one love
jah bill
May 02, 2006 09:32PM
was he behind the recent medical marijuana bust in sacburg??
May 02, 2006 09:53PM
Only if you come with me JB!
May 02, 2006 10:27PM
>its up to the people to make it a better place and it does no one any good if all
>we do is sit around and bitch about the powers that be.

and here i thought you were all ready to stand behind those words and make a difference.

im afraid i have other plans that night. have to wash my hair or something. but i reserve the right to bitch and moan!

:-)

really though i have completely lost any small confidence i had in the good it would do. ive gone before the city council once before and they treat you like some trash blown in off the street and most of them cant really seem to even respect you enough to keep their eyes open.

but i would like to give mr waters a good piece of my mind in public one day. or sign a recall petition as if he really cares.

i know, im pathetic.

one love
jah bill
May 02, 2006 10:53PM
I'll cruise by and talk to Roots, see if they need or want help. If nothing else you should come because it might be good theatre
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login