Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

skipped dj records...

Posted by poppa 
skipped dj records...
June 25, 2004 10:51AM
ya- you're right solid. on the main stage the deck on the left was broken and the table that the decks were on was broken too. causing all the skating on the(not so new) vinyl. also when ever someone stepped on platform in the wrong spot they would skipp as well. those decks were not ours by the way(smartbeat that is) ours were in the dancehall and seemed to work ok. next year we should build a concrete stucture...and buils a little wind thingy too.
word. there was some nice jams played...
chip.
Re: skipped dj records...
June 25, 2004 10:54AM
souN*
solid rock
June 25, 2004 10:57AM

thanks chip. keep in touch.

by the way, thanks and nice work to you, your crew, and Loren, especially for getting the sound nice for Friday this year. the kickoff dances have suffered from sketchy sound on occasion and this year i was extra glad things were right -- the material was too good to miss..
June 25, 2004 12:15PM
Yes, the sound in the dancehall was well nice. I am not convinced it was better than the first year at angels camp, but was 2nd best for sure. I like that big big sound.
June 26, 2004 01:11AM
Hell yeah, I remember "Simmer Down" hitting harder than I had ever heard it hit before. There was some good SKA and Rocksteady Friday night in the dancehall!!
June 27, 2004 01:14PM
ya that was a great moment. i dont think ive ever heard many of those ol studio one tracks played quite so loud before. when he dropped that simmer down track i was tlike **** ya man drop that ****!
June 27, 2004 01:17PM
word up. hopefully we'll have a chance to help out next year too! (wink,wink loren)
peace.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login