Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Massive Sound meets Reality Sound

Posted by DJ Spleece 
Massive Sound meets Reality Sound
May 09, 2006 03:32AM
THIS Thursday May 11th @ 10PM

Massive Sound International (SF, San Jose)
meets
Reality Sound International (Fresno)

Robert Rankin’ comes to play alongside Spleece, Roots, & Voodoo

Veni Vidi Vici
1116 N Fulton Street, Fresno's Tower District
ages 21 & over

[www.FresnoReggae.com]
Re: Massive Sound meets Reality Sound
May 09, 2006 06:06AM
Nice, would like to hear those two sounds together (doubt you will record it, tho)

May 09, 2006 03:36PM

Yo Chimino!

Hadn't planned on recording it, but I could arrange that.

You should just come down man! It's only a three hour drive...

-s

-Daddy Spleece

[www.RealitySounds.com]
[www.SantaCruzReggae.com]
May 09, 2006 05:33PM
Big ups to Robert & Spleece...the place is gonna be full up w/sweet music...
May 09, 2006 11:21PM

Should be a great night!

-Daddy Spleece

[www.RealitySounds.com]
May 10, 2006 03:36PM
May 10, 2006 03:37PM
bumpa!

+++++++Be the change you want to see in this world- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, and Go Green. Live Good, Do Good, and Support the Conscious Movement. It's up to I and I to make our manifestations a reality+++++++
May 10, 2006 08:00PM
I have to agree with Stevo... pretty soft, I prefer the Fantan and Bushman... Gyptian seems like Ice Cream sound to me... Serious Times and Mama are good songs, but soft all the same...

Respect Same Way
May 10, 2006 08:01PM
sorry wrong thread somehow... would like to come hear you guys spin sometime though...peace

Respect Same Way
May 10, 2006 08:19PM

You should come down TOMORROW! rasta smiley)

-Daddy Spleece

[www.RealitySounds.com]
May 10, 2006 11:08PM
sORRY sPLEECE gotta work but... theres a three bedroom two bathroom plus loft plus workshop down the street from my place renting for $1500/ month... prudential North Lake Tahoe... its on HIGH STREET!!!

Respect Same Way
May 10, 2006 11:38PM

YOU gotta work? Dood, I gotta work 9 hours that day too, then do the gig, then work the next day, then drive to San Louis Obispo to play Frog and Peach Friday night, then drive back to Fresno in time to do an 8 hour live RAKU firing session for the clay association all day Saturday, then do live reggae the next day Sunday, then be at work Monday morning bright eyed & bushy tailed early for a meeting, then....

C'mon, take a sick day!!! rasta smiley)

I ya can't mek it, it's all good!

I bet that house is PHAT!

-Daddy Spleece

[www.RealitySounds.com]
May 11, 2006 03:35PM
May 11, 2006 03:41PM
you're the man Spleece... mine goes like this work from 8-5 with a ski break for lunch... roomates graduation party tonight from 4-? where I'll be spinnin' later... ski from 8-1 tomorrow before going to work from 3-11... try to blow some glass in between somewhere... sounds kinda similar just with less driving
are you planning to do the SLO thing more often? got some friends down there I haven't seen in a while.... I'll catch your set sometime...peaces...

Respect Same Way
May 11, 2006 03:51PM

Skiing, grad partys, sounds like FUN! rasta smiley)

I tried blowing glass for a while, but couldn't take the 2000 degree heat from the glory hole hitting my face the whole time (Zoki will have a field day with this one). Plus the fact that you have to commit to the piece: with clay you can just walk away and come back later...

We've actually done over 50 gigs in SLO in the past, just haven't been out there in a while. Yeah, we'll be back out that way soon, and Santa Barbera, SF, etc...

-Daddy Spleece

[www.RealitySounds.com]
May 11, 2006 04:01PM
Spleece

WATCH THOSE SLO COPS MAN...

Got your message, will hit you back today sometime.

Peace

May 11, 2006 04:37PM

Yeah Jeff, especially the ones hidden YOU KNOW WHERE!

Respect!

-Daddy Spleece

[www.RealitySounds.com]
May 11, 2006 09:16PM

Baby Cham sey: "Que Sera, Bumpa Cyaat."

-Daddy Spleece

[www.RealitySounds.com]
May 11, 2006 10:40PM
Spleece,

Hidden ones, what do you mean?

Our (now) dreadless friend loves the SLO PD, !!

One love
eric v
May 11, 2006 10:47PM
lol...Eric, one time I was with my family visiting SLO and there were these street kids hanging out be loud and obnoxious. Well, there was this cop on top of this building, out in the wide open, with big binoculars checking these kids out. I walked by the group and told them they were being watched, just a passing comment. Next thing you know, this cop is in my face threatening me with arrest for "blowing his cover", right in front of my then-five year old daughter! I was so taken back by the whole thing. He was a total a** which isn't cool in front of my daughter. Afterwards, when I had time to reflect, I should have taken down his number and then filed a complaint with the city for harrasment, seeing as to how we patronize the SLO area and all their businesses.

Anyways, watch those cops in SLO...have heard more than a few stories about them that jives exactly with my experience.

Peace

May 19, 2006 05:51PM
Oh yeah, most of my DJ gigs are in SLO and I've had enough experiences with them at the 2am "magic hour"

I don't drink when I DJ, so I am usually dead sober when I leave. I've loved it more times than not (at least 3 !!) where I've been pulled over after leaving a gig and been given a breath-a-lyzer and blown 0.00 much the the chagrin of the PD.

I get my complimentary blow tube and then I'm on my way.

The Mardi Gras events before they really shut it down the last few years were testament to the amazing authority and control of the SLO PD. They couldn't keep penguins in the anarctic if they had to.

Like your story though, doesn't surprise me much

One love
eric v
May 20, 2006 05:46AM
YES ME BRETHERN,
NUFF RESPECT TO MASSIVE SOUND. RUN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Higher Heights !!!
May 21, 2006 08:36AM
Dj Spleece whats your scene about? I live in SLO. Whats up? J 72 thanks for the story I mean I know its true but its nice to hear it from someone. This town is going police state. I live in a state of paranoia right now. Probation cause of herb. Ive done weekends in county and eaten my share of catfood sandwiches cause i was spreading the good herb and got ratted out, literally. I knew it was all over when these f'ing goons started riding mountain bikes everywhere at night. Yes its true, do be careful in SLO. eric v whats up my man? Its me Jason I used to manage bbq and brew and we hooked up and I finally found someone with a better music collection than me. You got everthing man! Ive only seen some of your vinyl and I was drooling to hear all that ****. Your Jakes buddy right (hope im right) Dude im dropping out completely and doing all the fests this summer. I would love it if you E-mailed me jasonhull10@hotmail.com . Im in Osos and i want to trade some music w/you. When you said " now dreadless friend "you meant Jamie right? Hes full of catfood sandwiches ha ha, its not really funny though. Peace ya'll.

Post Edited (05-21-06 01:40)
May 21, 2006 03:00PM
Jason... which BBq? I think we might know each other...

Respect Same Way
May 21, 2006 05:58PM
>DJ Spleece whats your scene about? I live in SLO. Whats up?

Man, if you live in SLO and still ask what our scene is about, you must have missed us last Friday when we RAMMED the Frog & Peach! You could not squeeze one more body in the place. It's nice to play out places where they actually know what a dub plate is! rasta smiley)

In FRESNO we do three weeklies, plus radio, plus outta town stuff. We'll be back in SLO mid June, and then in July for the Wailers @ Avila Beach...

RESPECT!

-Daddy Spleece

[www.RealitySounds.com]
May 21, 2006 06:04PM

>you meant Jamie right? Hes full of catfood sandwiches

LOL! After 17 dayz Dread I got a JOB cooking for all the officers, so he ate pretty darn well when he was in!

-Daddy Spleece

[www.RealitySounds.com]
May 21, 2006 07:53PM
Spleece man im outta of the loop in my hometown scene so I havent caught any of the latest frog + peach shows. I been working every night in a dead end restaurant saving for this summer where im gonna cut loose again and see ALL the music in my path. I want to know what to look for. You go by D.J. Spleece? Yeah, despite the overwhelming cop and richy white folk vibe there is a huge amount of knowledgeable reggae and jam-band music fans here in SLO. Im also very proud of our local music scene. it thrives.
Tahoearmada I worked at Laguna BBQ + Brew for 9 months a year and a half ago. I turned a liquorstore/burger joint into a sportsbar and finally a venue for bands to play. I got all my friends to play for cheap or nothing and then it started to pick up and we had some real good shows there in the winter 04.I dont think they do shows after I left but they still sling the burgers. Im going to Tahoe for wide spread and visit my buddy Gabe after High Sierra and SNWMF. I cant wait. Whats going on everybody? Lets get real Irie. Gilestyle.
May 21, 2006 09:17PM
Throw some more Shaka at 'em Spleece...that is a nice memory...your place, blazing with a prayer, and then heading to the Avalon and you throwing some Shaka on the turntable...rarely do I get to hear Shaka that loud. :-D

Peace

May 21, 2006 11:21PM

>You go by D.J. Spleece?

Yeah man, like 'spliff + peace.' Can't have one without the other! rasta smiley)

Here's some links:

[www.FresnoReggae.com]
[www.RealitySounds.com]
[www.FresnoReggae.com]

-Daddy Spleece

[www.RealitySounds.com]
May 21, 2006 11:24PM

Jeff, thoz were the dayz man....

I'll pull out a few Shaka 12" for you tonight: live reggae in Fresno every Sunday night now...

-Daddy Spleece

[www.RealitySounds.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login