Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cocoa Tea's special guest

Posted by Jah Mike 
Cocoa Tea's special guest
May 10, 2006 08:17AM
Any guesses to the identity of Mr. Tea's special guest? I'm betting its Capleton. If it is Capleton, I really hope he keeps his homophobic ravings to a minimum. Every one has a right to their own moral and religious convictions, but Capleton too often crossed the line between religious opinions and hate speech and too often seemed to advocate violence. A shame really because Capleton is a talented artist who has produced some wicked tunes.
The other obvious well-known artist would be Shabba Ranks. He and Cocoa did a number of tunes in combination in the late 80's and early 90's.
I'm guessing it is going to be some major Dancehall artist. What do the rest of you think?

One love,
Jah Mike

Jah Jah power endureth for i-ver.
Re: Cocoa Tea's special guest
May 10, 2006 09:59AM
coco supports his bredren straight no apoligies.......

no big artist, that no make sence big artist draws a crowd.
May 10, 2006 10:16AM
Actually, papajoshua, it does make sense that there are no major commercial artists as this venue is supposed to have a capacity of 5000, about 1/2 of what SNWMF has drawn in its best years at the previous venue. On the other hand there are some major names in reggae this year, including some who have never been to this part of the world. If the venue only holds 5000, the show will almost certainly sell out.

One love,
Jah Mike

May 10, 2006 01:36PM
i can agree with that,
but if i was promoting a show and had someone of the pull as say capelton i would put him on the bill.
my view as a promoter.
blesss
May 10, 2006 04:47PM
... said it no matter who them are, me still a bun dem
May 10, 2006 10:07PM
This show is going to sell out anyway, why not keep the guest under wraps
May 10, 2006 10:28PM
The idea that a promoter would not list a guest because that would sell out his show is ridiculous. So you think they are trying not to sell out? I didn't see 10,000 at angels camp ever. One Saturday night, the first year there I think, sold out at 8,000 if I remember right. 5,000 is the capacity? Are ya sure; there seems to be lots of room?
May 10, 2006 10:33PM
Didn't the city council in Boonville and Warren determine that 5,000 was a good number to start with on the first year, to see how the town could handle it ?
May 10, 2006 10:40PM
yes pale ryder now youre talking more in the ballpark of reality.

>The idea that a promoter would not list a guest because that would sell out his
>show is ridiculous

is it now?

how about this: the special guest is the rolling stones and they will be appearing saturday night.

now what you got are a bunch of people buying tickets for saturday night and leaving no room for those who would buy 3 day tickets or camping passes. and then what you got is an empty house friday and sunday. or, if youre not offering one day tickets, you got a bunch of people buying three day passes with the intention of only being there one night. and then you got an empty house, again, for friday and sunday, which from the promoters point of view may not be a bad thing because hes got his pocketful of money, but its pretty bad way to treat artists friday and sunday when there is no one around to watch their show.

sometimes things are not so obvious until you start thinking about them and the likely outcomes.

ps: i can pretty much guarantee the special guests will NOT be the rolling stones. this year anyway.

but i think that will become even more obvious than it already is as the weekend of the show approaches.

one love
jah bill
May 10, 2006 10:43PM
"Didn't the city council in Boonville and Warren determine that 5,000 was a good number to start with"

That's a good one Pale Ryder. Boonville is an unicorporated town in Mendocino County.... There is no city council!!!!
May 10, 2006 10:47PM
sure there is, how do you think they kept wallmart out........If it wasn't the city council, then some other group similar to a city council.....
May 10, 2006 10:48PM
walmart was going to build a store in boonville?

who would be their target audience? there arent a whole lot of people around there.

one love
jah bill
May 10, 2006 10:51PM
Well, the city council may have kept Wal-Mart out of Boonville if it's Boonville Misourri you are referring to.....

I'm not aware of Wal-Mart ever having attempted to invade Boonville, CA, but if they did, and they were stopped, that would have been done BY THE PEOPLE!!!
May 10, 2006 10:53PM
i think the point was made to reference the fact that some sort of forum was held regarding the general good of the community. in this case, the size of the event...
May 10, 2006 10:54PM
not intended to be taken literally, but what do you think a city council is composed of?
May 10, 2006 10:59PM

ok, the special guest is:

(scroll down)

drumroll.....

seabass.*

*no matter how annoying this post may be, i promise it will be less nonsensical and therefore less annoying than any further discussion of local government.

--
May 10, 2006 11:03PM
>any further discussion of local government.

of which there appears to be none.

one love
jah bill
May 10, 2006 11:04PM
Author: traveler (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: 04-26-06 14:50

This might be of interest...

June 6, 2006
Cocoa Tea
Turbulence
Chezidek
Ziggy's (Winston-Salem, NC)

This taken from another thread seems to give the best clue..
May 10, 2006 11:12PM
"not intended to be taken literally, but what do you think a city council is composed of?"

Politicians. Whether politicians are 'people' or not is debatable.....

But in any case, In california you gotta be an incorporated city to have a city council, and Boonville is not
May 10, 2006 11:14PM

so my post worked!

you're welcome, jb. no charge, this time.

if only someone could post something useful... that could give a clue...

--
May 10, 2006 11:14PM

aw damn

--
May 10, 2006 11:17PM
Okay. Since you are so nice, i've got a little clue for you.....

May 10, 2006 11:19PM
how many boonvilles can there be??

[www.showmenews.com]

May 10, 2006 11:23PM

so the special guest is exactly who i thought --

colonel mustard

--
May 10, 2006 11:25PM

> Author: dirtweed (---.acordia.com)
> Date: 05-10-06 16:19

> how many boonvilles can there be??

> [www.showmenews.com]

what, are you kidding?

a lot..

anyway, that one your post is addressing is in missouri

--
May 10, 2006 11:26PM
In the dancehall with a lead pipe So Nice!!!!

Yeah, Boonville, MO may have a city council BUT it's got nothing on california, cause we got da boontling!!!!!!!!!
May 10, 2006 11:28PM
sacramento and boonville should swap names. if ever a city should be called boonville it is sacramento.
May 10, 2006 11:30PM
i have an f'n wedding this year...
what blows my mind is that we became friends through camping together at SNWMF
May 10, 2006 11:33PM
May 10, 2006 11:48PM
...goes well with:
Lt. Stitchie
Adm. Bailey
Gen. Echo
Maj. Worries
Gen. Trees
Maj. Mackerel
etc. etc...the Joint Chiefs of Staff...
or is that Spliff Chiefs?
May 10, 2006 11:55PM
you misunderstood, mr rock, i meant there was no local govt not no dicusssion of local govt.

likewise, no charge. this time.

one love
jah bill
May 10, 2006 11:58PM

the county of mendocino IS the local government.

and now you can pay me. fee is $87.00.

--
May 11, 2006 12:28AM
just put it on my bill, nice!

one love
jah bill
May 11, 2006 04:08PM
Ok, the meeting was between festival organizers and some concerned citizens that live in Anderson Valley....does that wet your whistle?
May 11, 2006 06:11PM
Blah blah blah .. Turbulence is a good guess ..
May 11, 2006 09:16PM
take a lisp of my spliff now........
May 12, 2006 12:54AM
Well we know that Chezidek is on the bill. If Cocoa Tea is touring with him and Turbulence, it seems like Turbulence would be a good bet. Would have really liked to see Colonel Mustard, though.....

One love
Jah Mike

May 12, 2006 01:18AM
please, everyone knows Pope Benedict is the special guest, and is also performing reggae on the river.

Dr. Suess (aka Ras James)
Irie Sounds International
May 12, 2006 02:09PM
"now what you got are a bunch of people buying tickets for saturday night and leaving no room for those who would buy 3 day tickets or camping passes. and then what you got is an empty house friday and sunday. or, if youre not offering one day tickets, you got a bunch of people buying three day passes with the intention of only being there one night. and then you got an empty house, again, for friday and sunday, which from the promoters point of view may not be a bad thing because hes got his pocketful of money, but its pretty bad way to treat artists friday and sunday when there is no one around to watch their show.

sometimes things are not so obvious until you start thinking about them and the likely outcomes."

Good point, sorry I didn't think about that. I don't think Turbulence has that kinda draw though. I am not disagreeing with ya JB, but man how would an artist feel knowing his name is being left off the line up?
May 12, 2006 03:12PM
"but man how would an artist feel knowing his name is being left off the line up?"

Not as bad as fans who are let down when an artists name is on a bill and then is a NO SHOW.. Twice..
May 12, 2006 06:17PM
your big artist last year shaggy,, the hill was empty,, so commercial artist make it sell out,, OK,,, FAR AS CAPLETON WHO CARES IF HE DON'T LIKE FAGGOTS,, ITS ABOUT LIFE,, MAKING BABIES HOW CAN YOU DO THAT IF YOUR GAY,, i DON'T CARE IF YOU WANT TO BE GAY JUST DON'T GET BUT HURT WHEN SOMEONE STATES HIS OPINION,, BESIDES GO TO A GAY BAR AND SEE HOW YOUR TREATED WHEN THEY KNOW YOUR STRIAGHT AND YOU WILL SEE THE MOST DISRESPECTFULL, DISCRIMINATING BUNCH OF CLICKY CHI CHI MEN AND GIRLS FIRE PON DEN,,, BURN DEM, BURN DEM, BURN DEM, BURN DEM, THEY DON'T CHANGE WERE GONNA DO SUMTAN ABOUT IT.......
May 12, 2006 06:36PM
dj dismissal - you are a faggot. burn your own diseased weener.
May 13, 2006 01:03AM
Dj dismissal is truly one sad individual and someone needs to teach him how to use a spell-checker as well as how to make a logical argument. Of course when your poor little mind is filled up with hate and a thirst for violence, there is little room for logic or knowledge.

May 13, 2006 01:21AM
on a higher level... ticketmaster says Cocoa T and special guest are headlining sunday night so I think its safe to assume that the "special guest" is of headliner quality and appeal... my guess is turbulance because they wouldn't want to put his name on the bill and have him not show... again

Respect Same Way
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login