Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Black Uhuru is in the neighborhood

Posted by Ethiopian_Eyes 
Black Uhuru is in the neighborhood
May 12, 2006 03:43AM
on june 13th at the belly up tavern in solana beach, ca

this is pretty good timing for snwmf. i feel a possible black uhuru closer for one of the nights..... bring em on. they are in town coming soon..

We Are Creatures Of Love, and Victims Of Hate.
Ziggy Marley
Re: Black Uhuru is in the neighborhood
May 12, 2006 04:51AM
who is singing with Black Uhuru now, since as I understand Michael Rose can't get in to the US. Peace

Dr. Suess (aka Ras James)
Irie Sounds International
May 12, 2006 03:55PM
who exactly is black uhuru in this case? i know michael rose and sly and robbie arent. that leaves duckie simpson and whatever pickup band he can assemble, maybe andrew bees, if this is even true at all.

one love
jah bill
May 12, 2006 05:49PM
Black uhuru is in my neighborhood! Garth Dennis lives nearby. lol
May 12, 2006 07:11PM
I'll see you there!

Peace,
-RV
May 12, 2006 07:18PM
whats funny about this is black uhuru is here in whatever form they are now, then like a week later garth dennis is here with the melodians, then a few days later its don carlos, then a few days after that its junior reid
May 12, 2006 07:30PM
I remember not too many years ago when there were two different Black Uhurus touring & performing around. I always thought it would be a kick to book "Black Uhuru" with "Black Uhuru" opening, and then when they got to the venue, let them decide which version opens and who headlines.
May 13, 2006 01:19AM
...my guess is that Jr Reid will be singing since he is touring the west coast around that time... but who knows, Black Uhuru is one of the biggest mysteries in reggae music today

Respect Same Way
May 13, 2006 03:15AM
I'd say it's very unlikley Junior Reid is singing since he's doing his own tour right after that, including playing the Belly Up on July 1st. I can't imagine the same headlining artist being booked for 2 shows at the same club in that short a time. Peace

May 13, 2006 03:57AM
... wise call James, I just really doubt that it is Don or Mykal... any other lead singer would not make up Black Uhuru, but like I said, they are a mystery in dis time

Respect Same Way
May 13, 2006 04:40AM
Author: miguel (---.dslextreme.com)
Date: 05-12-06 12:18

whats funny about this is black uhuru is here in whatever form they are now, then like a week later garth dennis is here with the melodians, then a few days later its don carlos, then a few days after that its junior reid>>

Like some yrs back at snwmf they had the Abbyssinians on the main stage one night and Donald Manning on the small stage the next night. Donald sang about close to half of the same songs Abbyssinians covered the previous night
May 13, 2006 08:50AM
And to make things even more interesting, former Abbyssinian Bernard Collins also played Sunday.

Jah Jah power endureth for i-ver.
May 13, 2006 05:05PM
My guess is going to be either Andrew Bees or someone new. Peace

May 13, 2006 08:36PM
I wonder if "The Melodians" will continue to perform now with the departure of Brent Dowe...

May 13, 2006 08:53PM
yo chimano... they are right now... I think there are some cali dates for next month

Respect Same Way
May 13, 2006 11:23PM
i read an interview that was posted here that said they would continue to tour. they are also playing the same night with garth dennis down here
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login